Jim set at Lockn (Live Stream)

Started by parkervb, Aug 25, 2017, 11:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdgsolo

Jbpats

Not going to be a popular opinion but I was bored to death with that set.
I considered lock'n over Peach this year, assumed it would be a normal Jim show similar to how he toured earlier in the year.. I would have been pretty bummed if that's what I got.

Look at you is always a treat though, absolutely beautiful tune.

walterfredo

Quote from: Jbpats on Aug 26, 2017, 07:13 PM
I considered lock'n over Peach this year, assumed it would be a normal Jim show similar to how he toured earlier in the year.. I would have been pretty bummed if that's what I got.

Could not disagree more. To each their own.

RobRoy286

I would absolutely love to see a Jim solo show. And yeah I have a feeling Jim did some partying before the JRAD sit-in haha.

dontgetupset

What would you have wanted out of a one hour Jim set?

Jbpats

Quote from: dontgetupset on Aug 26, 2017, 09:16 PM

What would you have wanted out of a one hour Jim set?

Full band, less cliche covers. If it was the acoustic route I would have preferred more originals to hear the songs origins. Thought here in spirt was cool to hear acoustic, kind of gave me an idea of how it was developed, but a festival set I would be amped up, that would have fizzled me out.
I definitely get why people dig it, completely unique set for jim, it was just not for me.

cshum372

What a wonderful set!

Definitely a set of songs with a theme- Very socially/ politically conscious set list. Two songs from the MMJ playbook that are just beautifully played are: Look at You, and Throwback ( love the explanation of this one being a response to social media)

BH

I LOVE Jim solo, (Just Jim) but I could see how someone could be dissapointed if they were expecting Jim James Solo with band.    There should be some way to differentiate that.   Like maybe he could use a weird spelling of his name with Y's.  Yim Yames?    Sounds crazy but it just might work.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

meltingaway

Throwback at 31:45 is all I need...does anyone know anything about "Over and Over"? Is this a Jim song?

parkervb

Quote from: meltingaway on Aug 31, 2017, 06:34 PM
Throwback at 31:45 is all I need...does anyone know anything about "Over and Over"? Is this a Jim song?

it might be...setlist is usually on top of covers, but does not list another artist next to that song

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jim-james/2017/infinity-downs-farm-arrington-va-6be2ae2a.html
Don't you ever turn it off

hoojack

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 01, 2017, 11:28 AM
Quote from: meltingaway on Aug 31, 2017, 06:34 PM

it might be...setlist is usually on top of covers, but does not list another artist next to that song

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jim-james/2017/infinity-downs-farm-arrington-va-6be2ae2a.html

Jambase article says it's a Jim song. Possibly testing new material?

https://www.jambase.com/article/jim-james-performs-solo-set-guests-joe-russos-almost-dead-lockn-festival

CountSA

I got to listen/see most of the set during the live stream, but does has anyone seen a recording pop up yet?

justbcuzido

Here's where "Over and Over" starts on the stream. It's gotta be a new Jim song as I couldn't match the lyrics to any other song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RvRFioEp1U&feature=youtu.be&t=618
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.