Jim James @ Sound Summit

Started by Mike D, Jun 26, 2017, 11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike D

http://soundsummit.net/

No way I could pass this up  :cheesy: Anyone else snag tickets?

LBSUNFLWR

I won't be there, but would love if Jim and Jenny did a song together!

gardenparty

Dang , just saw this.  appears sold out already.  Oh well

Mike D

The possible collaborations with this lineup are freaking mind boggling to me.

Tickets didn't sell out instantly, but within an hour or so. I read somewhere that it's capped at 4,000 folks.

rkwedge

Quote from: Mike D on Jun 26, 2017, 05:08 PM
Didn't sell out instantly, but within a couple of hours. The possible collaborations with this lineup are freaking mind boggling to me.

Tickets didn't sell out instantly, but within an hour or so. I read somewhere that it's capped at 4,000 folks.
I agree Mike, what could happen with this lineup is exciting to think about. I won't be going but will be excited to hear about it.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

walterfredo

Unfortunately/fortunately, we'll be in Mexico this weekend. Definitely bummed to miss this and the Sweetwater event.

APR

It says "solo."  I'm guessing that means it's just him and his guitar instead of his band for the EE and Regions tour.  I'd love to see this kind of "solo" show one day.

Mike D

Quote from: APR on Jun 26, 2017, 08:54 PM
It says "solo."  I'm guessing that means it's just him and his guitar instead of his band for the EE and Regions tour.  I'd love to see this kind of "solo" show one day.
I totally missed that, figured it would still be there band he had on tour playing with him.

Mike D

Posted this in the Sweetwater thread too - We are looking to split an airbnb, if anyone wants to go in and split the cost send me a message or post up, there are a few decent places with 3-4 bedrooms

stillwater

Anyone been before?  How long does it take to get in? We have a parking pass that requires a shuttle bus.  Do the seats in the ampitheatre fill up?

Hoptimus Prime

We get a parking pass and drive in, so I don't know much about the bus transportation.  The venue definitely fills up, but its not uncomfortable.  I would plan on getting in early and staking your spot. 
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

JPV

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

JPV

(during Bob and Phil's set around 50:40)
Tennessee Jed->Down On The Bottom->Tennessee Jed

justbcuzido

Quote from: JPV on Sep 11, 2017, 06:41 PM

(during Bob and Phil's set around 50:40)
Tennessee Jed->Down On The Bottom->Tennessee Jed

HOLY SHIT!! Jacket needs to do this at a show!

I'm loving that Jim is getting more into The Dead. Based on interviews in the past, he seemed to not really care much for them.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

APR

Those are some quality videos.  America was a great choice to play and sounded great with Eric.

parkervb

i truly love that Jim isn't sure what to do onstage with no guitar and with Bobby singing. He picks up the mic stand and does a lil air guitar like i do with my rake lol
Don't you ever turn it off