clock strikes midnight

Started by heynow1, Sep 13, 2017, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heynow1

It would be so much fun to hear safety dance at midnight on New Years! What do ya'll think?
time is a stripper doin it just for you

midwesterner

I joke but I would like anything other than Celebrate.

midwesterner

In all seriousness I just hope this year has more of a theme like SF and MSG as opposed to Boston which just felt like a bunch of random covers.

walterfredo

Quote from: midwesterner on Sep 13, 2017, 05:37 PM
In all seriousness I just hope this year has more of a theme like SF and MSG as opposed to Boston which just felt like a bunch of random covers.

agree. Boston was undoubtedly the least exciting of the 3 NYE shows to date. I actually thought the Sesame Street countdown thing was the highlight of the night! I couldn't stop laughing! 

I have high expectations for this one.

justbcuzido

Quote from: midwesterner on Sep 13, 2017, 05:37 PM

Yeah, it just seems like they did a greatest hits of covers they were performing during that run. There didn't seem to be too much thought put behind it all to make it much different.

They now have three nights to work with so I think this one will be great!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

iLikeBeer

I'm glad I didn't go on to that NYE in Boston.  That would have been a bit of a letdown after seeing 3 amazing nights in Port Chester!!!

Lonndown27

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Sep 15, 2017, 02:38 PM
I'm glad I didn't go on to that NYE in Boston.  That would have been a bit of a letdown after seeing 3 amazing nights in Port Chester!!!

A 3 hour Jacket show is NEVER a letdown though
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

millerjustin

my thoughts exactly!(plus my body was hating me after 3 hard nights lol)
What's in here won't disappear

midwesterner

I don't think Boston was a bad show by any means. it just was a bit safe.

ericm

Quote from: midwesterner on Sep 18, 2017, 11:45 AM

I don't think Boston was a bad show by any means. it just was a bit safe.

I agree midwesterner. It wasn't Port Chester like but it was fun. Pretty much what I expected it to be going in and I was glad to be there and wasn't let down at all.

It was more of a cherry on top celebration type night for me that I got to spend with a great group of forum friends.  :beer: So cool to have another fun filled pre show bash, and then whenever I looked around the floor that night it was Roll Caller after Roll Caller down there all smiles having a blast.  The only let down for me was back at the hotel at the end of the post show get together and saying goodbye to everyone, knowing for most this was it for the tour and not knowing where or when I'd see a lot of them again.

Fortunately for some of us we got to cap it off in a couple of days in Asbury Park with the great Sandy benefit but other than the goodbyes, there's was no let down for me be it Boston, or AP.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jbpats

Man sometimes I wonder if I am at a different MMJ show then others on this Forum.
Boston NYE was awesome. Yes some of the covers were cheesy but its a NYE party and i guarantee it had a TON of casual fans all the way to people who never even heard the band play before.
It was a 3+ hour show of jacket awesomeness.. only if all my NYE's in Boston were that good. Sure beat going to some awful understaffed bar with a $100 entry fee.

Lonndown27

Quote from: Jbpats on Sep 18, 2017, 02:01 PM
Man sometimes I wonder if I am at a different MMJ show then others on this Forum.
Boston NYE was awesome. Yes some of the covers were cheesy but its a NYE party and i guarantee it had a TON of casual fans all the way to people who never even heard the band play before.
It was a 3+ hour show of jacket awesomeness.. only if all my NYE's in Boston were that good. Sure beat going to some awful understaffed bar with a $100 entry fee.

EXACTLY!!!!! yeah it was a bit safe, but the band had played themselves into the ground all year, it was an amazing treat for the real fans that they get a 3 hour NYE show at the end of such a masterful, unbeatable year, the greatest in the Jacket's history, 2012. I listen back to it, and no it doesnt have my favorite versions of some songs but stuff like In The MIdnight Hour don't just work, they cook!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Jbpats

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Sep 18, 2017, 02:59 PM

EXACTLY!!!!! yeah it was a bit safe, but the band had played themselves into the ground all year, it was an amazing treat for the real fans that they get a 3 hour NYE show at the end of such a masterful, unbeatable year, the greatest in the Jacket's history, 2012. I listen back to it, and no it doesnt have my favorite versions of some songs but stuff like In The MIdnight Hour don't just work, they cook!!

Not to mention when the clock struck midnight and the opening riff to OBH started on the second, I had chills. The giant balloons dropping etc. etc. I've been to hundreds if not thousands of concerts and that moment in particular was easily in my top 5 favorite concert moments of all time.

midwesterner

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Sep 18, 2017, 02:59 PM

Again I am not saying it was bad. But it was predictable. The Touch Me > Cobra > Run Thru had been played earlier in the year a few times. Most of the covers were old. But with that said I do think the show has a lot of replay value. it is basically a recap of that year. I had a good time at the show. But for me I rank a lot of other MMJ shows I have seen higher.

Woody

OBH at midnight with an OBH reprise to close the set. One big new years sammy!