Bourbon and Beyond

Started by mdgsolo, Sep 19, 2017, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdgsolo

Any chance of Jim showing up in the Lou to sing with Ed Ved or is there known scheduling conflicts?  If this happened I might die of happiness, so maybe I should be more careful of what I wish for...

slappymoe

won't even let myself consider the possibility. would be awesome, though.

been so pumped for this festival, in large part because it's late September and I was sure we'd get some reasonable temperatures this time of year.  but nooooo, it's gonna be close to 90 and humid. 

the old man in me does not approve. :angry:

LBSUNFLWR

same here. Was so excited for the time of year they planned this festival vs. the crazy heat we always get for Forecastle...and the last few weeks have been so perfect. Now we get the 90's and high humidity back just in time for this festival.

Still, so very excited! Do not miss the Chris Robinson Brotherhood!! they play 1:55-2:55 on Saturday.

not sure I expect anyone from MMJ to show up, though yes that would be amazing. But I am hoping we see at least some collaborations going on. Maybe Eddie Vedder and Buddy Guy? or Band of Horses?

Would be great to see someone come out with Stevie Nicks on Sunday, or see her come out earlier in the day with someone else. I could see Gary Clark Jr. coming out to play guitar with someone on Sunday.

who are you most excited to see?

millerjustin

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 20, 2017, 08:20 AM
same here. Was so excited for the time of year they planned this festival vs. the crazy heat we always get for Forecastle...and the last few weeks have been so perfect. Now we get the 90's and high humidity back just in time for this festival.

Still, so very excited! Do not miss the Chris Robinson Brotherhood!! they play 1:55-2:55 on Saturday.

not sure I expect anyone from MMJ to show up, though yes that would be amazing. But I am hoping we see at least some collaborations going on. Maybe Eddie Vedder and Buddy Guy? or Band of Horses?

Would be great to see someone come out with Stevie Nicks on Sunday, or see her come out earlier in the day with someone else. I could see Gary Clark Jr. coming out to play guitar with someone on Sunday.

Don't miss the CRB!

(and sadly, after OBH3 and the last tour with MMJ, doesn't seem like Gary is interested in playing with anyone else - Danny Clinch got him to play a little with him in NJ, but that's it)
What's in here won't disappear

slappymoe

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 20, 2017, 08:20 AM

Eddie is by far my #1 draw. band of horses, trombone shorty, gary clark, joe bonamassa....it's all good!

saw fantastic negrito open for chris cornell ( :cry:), he was excellent.

LBSUNFLWR

CRB, BOH, Stevie, Eddie. that's who I'm most excited for. have seen them all but never Eddie solo or Stevie solo.

I've heard that Joe Bonamassa is great. I like Amos Lee. Buddy Guy should be cool.

Curious to see Kiefer Sutherland. never heard his music but I am a fan.

rkwedge

What a great line-up. Don't forget about Paul Rodgers, one of the greatest singers in the history of Rock N Roll. Have fun everyone and know that I'm jealous. :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

thanks. will be sure to check him out.

rkwedge

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 20, 2017, 11:34 AM
thanks. will be sure to check him out.
I know I'm one of the oldest people on this forum, so you gave me a little chuckle LBSUNFLER. I think you have checked out Paul Rodgers at some point. Had a lot of big hit songs with Free and Bad Company back in my day. Great Bluesy voice. Still uses the mic stand as a prop. Enjoy the show!
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

ha! I looked him up then knew who he was. :)

LBSUNFLWR

What did you guys think of day 1? Who did you see?
It was hot as shit out there, was happy when the sun went down.

Highlights for me were The CRB, how I started my day, and definitely Eddie Vedder, how I ended my day! I heard enough of Steve Miller while I was walking out.

Mr. White

Just found Eddie Vedder's full set someone posted on YouTube 2 days ago.

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

slappymoe

a bit late, but....

1. eddie vedder.  alone, unaccompanied, by himself on his guitar.  occasionally channeling his inner townshend.
2. trombone shorty
3. gary clark jr.
4. steve miller (surprisingly fun!)
5. paul rodgers
6. boh
7. buddy guy

loved all these folks.

my ride did not get us there in time to catch CRB saturday. :angry:
and i had to leave before stevie nicks sunday.

amos lee did not move my needle, kenny wayne shepherd rocked, joe b was mildly disappointing, g-love was downright boring.

great food, beer options were lousy.

can't wait to do it again next year.

LBSUNFLWR

Stevie's set was disappointing I thought.
CRB and Eddie were the highlights. Trombone Shorty too. never seen him before.

Jambase said 50,000 people were there. I didn't read anything anywhere else that said how many people were there. I'd call that a success and I think it will be back next year!