Bo Touring with Roger Waters?

Started by Jbpats, Sep 21, 2017, 02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbpats

Going to see Roger Waters this week and noticed on the tour's wiki page that Bo is in the touring band. Anybody know if there is validity to this?

Jbpats

hopefully he is still a sub-in for the Boston show next week.

LBSUNFLWR

I saw that show in May. Bo or no Bo, you will not be disappointed!

oistheone

He says he'll be on board for the three Toronto shows, which end on Oct 13, so it seems he'll be around for another few weeks at the very least!

Jbpats

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 21, 2017, 04:55 PM
I saw that show in May. Bo or no Bo, you will not be disappointed!

This will be my fifth time seeing Waters, it's always an amazing experience. I think of it more of a show then a concert, but at the end of the day it is a concert by a living legend. The Wall at Fenway was a site to be scene, one of my top 3 concert experiences of all time.

Pretty excited for this show to say the least.. the only thing that kills me is how it's always seated.

CountSA

Quote from: Jbpats on Sep 21, 2017, 04:30 PM
hopefully he is still a sub-in for the Boston show next week.

Someone asked him on Instagram if he was going to be at the Toronto show which is after the Boston show and he said yes, so he will be there.

excel

Really hope he comes to the Vancouver shows!

Come Closer

Bo killed it in Hartford! :thumbsup: One of the best shows I've seen. Floor seats in front of Jonathan Wilson didn't hurt. Typical solid crowd, which led to an extra song (Mother). I don't even live in that area anymore, but play Hartford MMJ!

Jbpats

Was this a seated show? Also would you say being up front is too close? Taking visuals into account?
Have side loge about half way back for tomorrow night but considering upgrading to front floor. Originally wanted center back loge but those were sold out.

Jbpats

Quote from: Jbpats on Sep 27, 2017, 04:46 PM
Was this a seated show? Also would you say being up front is too close? Taking visuals into account?
Have side loge about half way back for tomorrow night but considering upgrading to front floor. Originally wanted center back loge but those were sold out.

Hoping for some feedback before i head in tonight! Thanks y'all.

LBSUNFLWR

I saw this show in a huge arena. Everyone was seated the entire time. We were in the lower section, straight back in the middle and it was perfect! The screen behind them is so gigantic and I had a great visual of it all night. There is a gigantic set of screens that drops straight down the middle later in the show, so those on the floor probably don't get to experience all that bc it's over their heads. I think you're better off in the seats on the side vs. the floor to get the full experience...just my opinion though.

LBSUNFLWR

Jbpats

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Sep 28, 2017, 02:43 PM
I saw this show in a huge arena. Everyone was seated the entire time. We were in the lower section, straight back in the middle and it was perfect! The screen behind them is so gigantic and I had a great visual of it all night. There is a gigantic set of screens that drops straight down the middle later in the show, so those on the floor probably don't get to experience all that bc it's over their heads. I think you're better off in the seats on the side vs. the floor to get the full experience...just my opinion though.

thanks for the reply, gonna stay put as I figured as much. Didn't want to look at the pics though, been avoiding peeking at this tour since it was announced.

LBSUNFLWR

I can appreciate that. Have fun!
Look at the pics tomorrow.

sillyboob

I always respect that kind of dedication to not knowing what a band is doing in their live shows.  I'm all about seeing the setlists and pictures and all that from night one onward.  No discipline here.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

LBSUNFLWR

It depends. Pretty sure a show like this is the same every night. It's such a huge production, it's understandable. Of course I like it better when bands mix it up every night. I usually check setlists in that situation too so I can see what I might not get. 

Jbpats

For the record I always check set lists. As previously mentioned this show is the same every night. It's a multi million dollar stage production, it's something I wanted to experience first hand and not through youtube videos. Only other band that I have a similar attitude for is Tool, but like Roger Waters their set list is the same the entire  tour.

By the way, show was absolutely incredible. The visuals were like nothing ever done before. Just unreal.

LBSUNFLWR

yeah, agreed. I loved this show. Saw it in May. very impressive, like nothing else I've ever seen.