Jim Celebrates Bob Marley's Exodus

Started by dontgetupset, Sep 27, 2017, 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

sounds like it'll be great, just read about it too.

dontgetupset

I went to the Dear Jerry show at Merriweather which was also produced by Don Was (He basically is THE guy to for these and then produce a DVD/CD etc...). I'm really happy I went but its important to manage expectations properly.

Most bands/performers perform one song and one song only and then there's a whole group song at the end. That is ALWAYS the case with these shows. In this case it will almost without a doubt be One Love (which is actually the final song on Exodus).

Even to see Jim perform one deep track off the album (The Heathen for example) would be well worth it but there won't be any mini sets and people do get eliminated from performing due to time constraints (at the Dear Jerry show  Railroad Earth and Greensky Bluegrass were both cut (which is ridiculous): http://www.jambands.com/news/2015/05/15/dear-jerry-pays-tribute-to-jerry-garcia-s-legacy-with-all-star-lineup )

Anyways should be fun!

LBSUNFLWR

I recorded that Dear Jerry show from Merriweather, haven't watched it all yet.
I thought Widespread Panic got cut too. saving them for the end and then they never played... maybe not after reading that article.

Jbpats

Jim's name placement on that bill is way off.

dontgetupset

Widespread played and they may have been the best part

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: dontgetupset on Sep 27, 2017, 04:14 PM
Widespread played and they may have been the best part
nice! I haven't gotten that far yet.
My cousin and uncle were there too. Jerriweather!

rincon2

HA! Finally I get a bone tossed MY WAY! No west coast MMJ, can't afford OBH4, although I'd love to, as there is actually a friggen beach, but I scored four of these baby's!. Back of the orchestra pit, on the aisle, for my old legs and bladder. Show of they year if you ask me.(biased I know) Thanks Josh Timmermans for posting this on Facebook yesterday.

dontgetupset

FYI if Dodgers are in World Series the 9th inning of Game 7 (if possible) would be ending around the time this show was starting.

rincon2

Quote from: dontgetupset on Sep 28, 2017, 08:38 PM
FYI if Dodgers are in World Series the 9th inning of Game 7 (if possible) would be ending around the time this show was starting.
Yeah, but I will be taking the subway from NoHo. No way to watch it. Funny you mentioned that. It was my biggest negative. Not just because of the Dodgers, I'm a BASEBALL fan.

Tee Vegas

Definitely looking forward to this show!

Hoptimus Prime

Anyone need tickets for this?  We purchased, but will not be able to make it down from the Bay Area.  I have three tickets together in row R of the floor, and one single a few rows back.  I just want my money back, all face value.

Let me know if interested.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

dontgetupset

Jim played
Turn Your Lights Down Low
Three Little Birds

and then came back for Get Up Stand Up with everyone.

INSANE Tom Morello Gary Clark Jr action. Will send links to videos when people post them

LBSUNFLWR

Awesome! Turn Your Lights Down Low is definitely a favorite of mine.