Now that it has been a year

Started by rincon2, Sep 28, 2017, 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rincon2

Do many folks listen to Jim's last album in any regular manner? I know it was blown up by fans at the time, but other than Same Old Lies, I can't even remember any melodies. I saw the show in Ventura before it was released, and In My Humble Opinion, the first album and show was infinitely better. (OK, kick my ass now)

rkwedge

Quote from: rincon2 on Sep 28, 2017, 07:09 PM
Do many folks listen to Jim's last album in any regular manner? I know it was blown up by fans at the time, but other than Same Old Lies, I can't even remember any melodies. I saw the show in Ventura before it was released, and In My Humble Opinion, the first album and show was infinitely better. (OK, kick my ass now)
No ass kicking here. I do not listen to that vinyl on any kind of regular basis and agree Regions of Light IMO too is a much better album.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

cshum372

I do listen to Eternally Even pretty often- I have a copy of the cd in my car that is on a regular rotation to and from work.

I prefer the studio recordings of Jim's solo work to that of Jacket's studio records ( live is another issue entirely.)

I also think this album came out at just the right time, and for me it has really been the soundtrack of digesting this dark sociopolitical reality. " This world is war and blood- when it could have been love."

rincon2

Quote from: cshum372 on Sep 28, 2017, 10:25 PM

I do listen to Eternally Even pretty often- I have a copy of the cd in my car that is on a regular rotation to and from work.

I prefer the studio recordings of Jim's solo work to that of Jacket's studio records ( live is another issue entirely.)

I also think this album came out at just the right time, and for me it has really been the soundtrack of digesting this dark sociopolitical reality. " This world is war and blood- when it could have been love."

Nothing to add, other than I got tickets to the Exodus 40th year show today, with the Marleys, Jimmy James, Tom Morello, Gary Clark Jr. and more. My sons, both in their 20's, are effin stoked for their Christmas present. I raised them right. MMJ vets also, but I think they like Bob better.

odelljaj

i am just not a fan of the album. too slow. i havent listened to it other than once

Lonndown27

Quote from: odelljaj on Sep 29, 2017, 04:25 PM
i am just not a fan of the album. too slow. i havent listened to it other than once

maybe listen more it will grow on you probably.

I haven't even given it a deep listen so i reserve any judgement. But HERE IN SPIRIT was one of the best songs Jim's done as a solo artist.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018