No US Tour in 2018

Started by millerjustin, Nov 13, 2017, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

just seeing fairly reliable outlets posting updates that the band has confirmed no US touring in 2018 - hoping I have an excuse to get over to Europe next year....
What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

didn't see that coming.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 13, 2017, 12:00 PM
didn't see that coming.

been some murmurs from "people who know a guy who knows a girl"-type stuff on the Facebook pages. Hopefully this all just part of "proper band maintenance" and that they are able to get in the studio time they'd like to make an epic album.

time to start saving for OBH5 in 2020 for my 40th blowout...
Don't you ever turn it off

RastaRunner5

Wow... this caught me off guard.
The anticipation for NYE builds and very curious about their plans for 2019.
This sounds like a new Jim solo album in 2019, outside of Tribute To 2.

oistheone

I'm taking this news as "no 2018 dates other than OBH", not "2018 Euro tour". The wording was probably used to 1) sell some more tickets to Denver and 2) ensure people that OBH ain't in danger.

This is actually kinda good news in my mind. They'll have a whole year to work on other projects and most importantly, record and mix that new album. 2019 tour could be huge.

millerjustin

I'm reading this very carefully - it says no US tour in 2018 (not 2019), so they may hit select fests or tour in Europe next year. 

Even if this is a full year break, then I agree that they should have time to get to that elusive Album and go back on the road hard in 2019 (with OBH5 in early '19 - I'm assuming 3 year contract as will HRHRM)

All good, but this harkens back to the 2013 "starve" - the Americanarama 10 song sets were brutally short - it's gonna be rough going 9-12 months with no live Jacket

rmpotsy

honestly this is much better than what i was hearing from some folks directly in the know.  chatter around the ville was more of an "extended break/possible break-up" after OBH.
out go the lights it begins

APR

Quote from: rmpotsy on Nov 13, 2017, 12:37 PM
honestly this is much better than what i was hearing from some folks directly in the know.  chatter around the ville was more of an "extended break/possible break-up" after OBH.

That is some depressing chatter.  So yeah, this is clearly better than that.

I was not expecting this type of announcement at all.  The way I read this is that there will be a US tour in 2019, and other continents are not ruled out for 2018.

I too would love an excuse to get to Europe..... there are already strong rumors of Pearl Jam in Europe June/July, and if MMJ happens to be there, then I'll be looking for both bands and you too millerjustin.

millerjustin

Quote from: APR on Nov 13, 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote from: rmpotsy on Nov 13, 2017, 12:37 PM

That is some depressing chatter.  So yeah, this is clearly better than that.

I was not expecting this type of announcement at all.  The way I read this is that there will be a US tour in 2019, and other continents are not ruled out for 2018.

I too would love an excuse to get to Europe..... there are already strong rumors of Pearl Jam in Europe June/July, and if MMJ happens to be there, then I'll be looking for both bands and you too millerjustin.

It's a date APR!!

rkwedge

Just glad to have the 3 NYE shows and OBH4 nailed down. It's going to be a long dry spell to see them as MMJ after that.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Zutroy

superfrodies

Well, shit it looks like I should have gone to NYE and/or OBH after all.

walterfredo

Quote from: superfrodies on Nov 13, 2017, 01:48 PM
Well, shit it looks like I should have gone to NYE and/or OBH after all.

still can

MMJCOBRA

Don't want to gossip but I would be shocked at a possible hiatus/breakup!!!  I mean, this is one.of the most incestuous bands in the business. And I really mean that in the best possible context. They all seem really engaged in the band and participaing in each other's various side projects.

DONT YOU EVER TURN IT OFF!!!

jttouch2

Does this mean we'll get another large Jim tour in 2018? Could we possibly see some new Monsters of Folk????? I would LOVE another album from that group

johnnYYac

I'll tell you what it means...

I'm going to Colorado next month!

:bath:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

APR

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 13, 2017, 06:00 PM

Now that is a positive meaning right there!  See you in a month YY.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 13, 2017, 06:00 PM

Now that's the best news in this thread!  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing ya John.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"