No US Tour in 2018

Started by millerjustin, Nov 13, 2017, 11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_wil

Looks like a similar blueprint to 2014, gearing up for a big 2015. Hoping this just means a massive 2019!

robb

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 13, 2017, 06:00 PM
I'll tell you what it means...

I'm going to Colorado next month!

:bath:

hell yes! great news, Yac!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Cameron

Shit, y'all are depressing me. Glad I'm going to OBH at least.

WinstonLegthigh

This was some less than optimal news to wake up to. Selfishly hoping the reason behind this is a new album, but nothing would surprise me. Hope all is well in Jacket land.

subinai

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 13, 2017, 06:00 PM
I'll tell you what it means...

I'm going to Colorado next month!

:bath:

hell yeah!

Jbpats

Kind of sucks but on the same note maybe a good thing.
Folks around here have been down on their "stale" setlists recently, hopefully this year off gives them time to get in the studio and mix things up a bit.
i'll definitely miss them next year though.

odelljaj

I am upset that the band can't let us fans know this news directly. They are a band that doesn't really mingle with their fans.

I hope after this time off they can interact with their fans more. 

midwesterner

Honestly I don't mind if they take next year off. I think Jack White will be touring and that will preoccupy me with MMJ off.

parkervb

Quote from: odelljaj on Nov 14, 2017, 04:22 PM
I am upset that the band can't let us fans know this news directly. They are a band that doesn't really mingle with their fans.

I've never interacted with anyone in the band other than Bo & Tom on Twitter (RIP @sometomguy), but I know many people who have met & talked to the guys, even seen pics of Jim doing singalongs at Newport after parties with fans. Not sure if you have a higher expectation for them to "mingle" but I think it's pretty rad that they even interact as much they seem to based on the pics I've seen on FB or here. 
Don't you ever turn it off

millerjustin

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 15, 2017, 08:20 AM

I've never interacted with anyone in the band other than Bo & Tom on Twitter (RIP @sometomguy), but I know many people who have met & talked to the guys, even seen pics of Jim doing singalongs at Newport after parties with fans. Not sure if you have a higher expectation for them to "mingle" but I think it's pretty rad that they even interact as much they seem to based on the pics I've seen on FB or here. 

I've met and spoken to them all at various shows (theirs and others) - they are totally approachable and quite honestly the most open book and humble band I've ever interacted with.
What's in here won't disappear

odelljaj

I am not talking about in person as I have talked to all of them in person.  I am talking about the band being more interactive with their fans overall.  I compare it to what Umphrey's does with their fans.  They do livestreams, some for free. Always active on socials. Has ton of events. Tons of merch.

Just looking for more.

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 15, 2017, 09:10 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Nov 15, 2017, 08:20 AM

I've met and spoken to them all at various shows (theirs and others) - they are totally approachable and quite honestly the most open book and humble band I've ever interacted with.

parkervb

comparing is natural & we all do it, but not always fair to those being compared. If you're looking for MMJ to be more like UM in that way, you're probably going to continue to be disappointed and that's not the band's fault.
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

MMJ is an open book compared to Pearl Jam! 

meltingaway

Yeah its 2017. I expect pretty much full on access to all band members. I think they should periscope everything. They also need to do a youtube show (and a podcast), and I don't mean daily--just two to four times a week. Really not a lot to aks.

millerjustin

Quote from: meltingaway on Nov 15, 2017, 01:25 PM
Yeah its 2017. I expect pretty much full on access to all band members. I think they should periscope everything. They also need to do a youtube show (and a podcast), and I don't mean daily--just two to four times a week. Really not a lot to aks.

lol - they should all send you clips of them taking a dump every Tuesday morning, farting on Thursdays, and waiting in line for coffee on Saturday mornings.  (well, maybe the pizza shop with Tommy)
What's in here won't disappear

meltingaway

Haha, the dump cam would be great for this band and its "brand".

I mean no offense with the exaggerations but one thing I like about certain bands/artists is elusiveness or mysteriousness. Led Zeppelin was my favorite band growing up and I never knew much about them besides their music. I think this added to their mystique, their power, etc.

justbcuzido

Quote from: meltingaway on Nov 15, 2017, 01:43 PM

I mean no offense with the exaggerations but one thing I like about certain bands/artists is elusiveness or mysteriousness. Led Zeppelin was my favorite band growing up and I never knew much about them besides their music. I think this added to their mystique, their power, etc.

Jim James agrees 100% with you and has said as such in multiple interviews. Part of why they are the way they are and I dig it. True rock star mystique that is missing from almost all modern artists as we get to know everything about them
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Lonndown27

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 15, 2017, 01:31 PM
Quote from: meltingaway on Nov 15, 2017, 01:25 PM

lol - they should all send you clips of them taking a dump every Tuesday morning, farting on Thursdays, and waiting in line for coffee on Saturday mornings.  (well, maybe the pizza shop with Tommy)

haahaha Millerjustin rocks hahahahh

seriously meltingaway thats some stalker shit. this band fakes nothing
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Come Closer

Why did Tom leave Twitter?  :cry:

That mysterious tyrant Jim made him!  :angry:

rincon2

Quote from: meltingaway on Nov 15, 2017, 01:43 PM

The Zep mystique was real in the 70's. Brilliant marketing. Jimmy page set out to intentionally make the biggest band in the world, and he micromanaged every aspect of it, to brilliant success.