Main Menu

Jim Interview

Started by Murph, Dec 07, 2017, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8061828/jim-james-tribute-to-2-interview

Any ideas or desires you'd want for that next album?

I'm not sure. We got a couple things in the can, like the second album from when we did The Waterfall may be released if we can get that finished. We also got a live record in the can that we're excited about. So there's a couple things that I'm trying to get finished that could hopefully come out next year.

Beacon album perhaps?

crooney

"live record in the can"!!  woot, great news!!

oistheone

So tantalizing. Praying this finished live album comes out at some point in 2018. Would certainly explain the lack of any official live bootlegs lately.

parkervb

makes sense to put out a live album in 2018, work on new record and crush 2019
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

Beacon Shows! Yes Please.  This is good to hear for sure. I'll take anything in 2018, after OBH4 it's going to be a long dry spell.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Emb1528

That would be quite the box set if it were the Beacon shows. 2016 Red Rocks?
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on Dec 07, 2017, 02:04 PM
Beacon Shows! Yes Please.  This is good to hear for sure. I'll take anything in 2018, after OBH4 it's going to be a long dry spell.

Don't forget - we should get live audio from all three nights of Jacket at OBH4.  So we got that going for us, which is nice.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

T5 please.

I can dream, right?

If I had to take a guess though, it would be on Beacon.

Lonndown27

and doubting it would be all nights from the Beacon obviously, i'd guarantee a good cross reference of all material, with maybe two or three songs from Okonokos one done again (like Steam Engine, Dondante and another that they've evolved) but other than that this one will belong to Evil Urges, Circuital, Waterfall, State of the Art and the non-Okonokos tracks from their first four albums.

IM HOPING
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

d_wil

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 07, 2017, 01:58 PM
makes sense to put out a live album in 2018, work on new record and crush 2019

This is what I'm hoping for too, parkervb!

millerjustin

Quote from: Murph on Dec 07, 2017, 12:45 PM
https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/8061828/jim-james-tribute-to-2-interview

Any ideas or desires you’d want for that next album?

I’m not sure. We got a couple things in the can, like the second album from when we did The Waterfall may be released if we can get that finished. We also got a live record in the can that we’re excited about. So there’s a couple things that I’m trying to get finished that could hopefully come out next year.

Beacon album perhaps?

Yes, Murph - all the yesses
What's in here won't disappear