triple j tv: Sydney Metro show screens Aug 24!

Started by triplej, Aug 14, 2009, 01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triplej

Hi folks, after what – only a six month broadcast wait? – finally you can tune into "triple j TV presents..." on ABC2 (in Australia only, sorry) @ 10.30pm on August 24 to catch My Morning Jacket in all their glory live!

It was smokin' hot at Sydney's Metro Theatre when MMJ played an epic three-hour set back in January... and we're not just talking about the sweltering temperature. Jim introduces this awesome 30 min set (yep, we had to edit). Alas it might not be the full gig but it's pretty special viewing.

Hope you enjoy it.

logan5ive

I looked back at the setlist for this show and, wow!  :o  Hopefully the full show will get leaked out someday.  :)
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

coldnebraskablue

So, did any kind pilgrim record this and can they make it available ?  :)

weeniebeenie

QuoteSo, did any kind pilgrim record this and can they make it available ?  :)
I taped it.....to VHS. But if I can get the vhs to dvd recorder thingo working you'll be the first to know. :)
How loud can silence get?

coldnebraskablue

I managed to snag a DVD copy from a great friend in Australia, hope to make it available fairly soon, maybe by the weekend.  ;)

JPV

QuoteI managed to snag a DVD copy from a great friend in Australia, hope to make it available fairly soon, maybe by the weekend.  ;)

NICE!!!    :D  :o  :D

coldnebraskablue

Here ya go - on Dime for all you sinners:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=265146

Triple J ABC2 Broadcast --> Foxtel Satellite (Standard Def) > DVD recorder (standard def) > DVD.

Format: PAL
Aspect Ratio: 4x3
Resolution: 720x576
Video Type: Interlaced MPEG2
Video Bitrate: 9.216 Mbps
Audio Type: MPEG Audio
Audio Bitrate: 256Kbps
Running time: 27m 02s
Very basic menu.
Chapters approx every 10 minutes.

Tracks
1) Jim James Intro
2) Evil Urges
3) I'm Amazed
4) Mahgeetah
5) Highly Suspicious
6) One Big Holiday

JPV

Sweeet!...downloading now. thank you coldnebraskablue!!!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteDivX version for those without Dime:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8RV3BCC0

;)

thank you gracious fellow.

searchinbig

Back from the Joisey shore today. Awesome surprise here! Thank you.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

weeniebeenie

Sparkle

Just downloaded and watched this - very cool!! Thanks coldnebraskablue :)

Weenie, where you at this show? Really enjoyed watching Mahgeetah, would love to see that one live again.

weeniebeenie

QuoteJust downloaded and watched this - very cool!! Thanks coldnebraskablue :)

Weenie, where you at this show? Really enjoyed watching Mahgeetah, would love to see that one live again.
I definitely was. I'm infront of Carl (I made sure I was for every show)in a white shirt.

CooGarn

CooGarn

I've nabbed the audio, but I'd LOVE the footage!

zanjam

The hat and no beard are really throwing me for a loop.  The hat!!!
anything + reverb always = better

CooGarn

I reeeally wish they'd release the whole gig... anyone know how they've been choosing which archival shows to release? They've released a handful at this point, which is lovely, but this gig needs a proper release! :smiley: