1st Bank Center 12/29/2017

Started by dcfire, Dec 29, 2017, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatah_Ruark

Quote from: oistheone on Dec 30, 2017, 08:02 PM
Quote from: Fatah_Ruark on Dec 30, 2017, 07:52 PM
Still working on the recording from last night. Had a slight issue with mine after the processing finished so I need to start over. Hopefully this will hold you over until I'm done.

https://soundcloud.com/fatah-ruark/my-morning-jacket-evelyn-is-not-real-slow-slow-song

Not feeling great so I'm going to couch tour the Phish show tonight. Not sure if I can finish this up before the show starts, but hopefully during set break.

One taper last night was sick, but I think he's better today so he'll be taking my spot tonight. Two other tapers were there last night and will also be there tonight and tomorrow (so 3 tapers each night). All of them have insane setups (also completely different), so I'm sure the next 2 nights will sound great. A few of them are from out of state so I wouldn't expect recordings to be shared for at least a few days after the new year.

Have fun for anyone going tonight. I might come back on the 31st, but no recording for me that night.

This sounds fucking amazing, thank you! Can't wait to hear the whole thing! Fantastic separation and none of that boomy sound you find on most arena tapings. Well done!

Yeah. They did the PA in that room right. Best sounding arena I've recorded in. Every recording I've made there sounds great.

Mr. White

My Morning Jacket "Golden" 12/29/17 Broomfield, Colorado
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

walterfredo

revisited this show tonight (thank you pat Myers!) So good. In my top teir of show experiences and one of the best jacket shows from start to finish. A complete kick down for the fans.

RobRoy286

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 11, 2018, 03:57 AM
revisited this show tonight (thank you pat Myers!) So good. In my top teir of show experiences and one of the best jacket shows from start to finish. A complete kick down for the fans.
You said it! What an incredible start to the weekend. The first two nights were by far my favorite shows I've ever attended.

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 12, 2018, 01:05 PM
You said it! What an incredible start to the weekend. The first two nights were by far my favorite shows I've ever attended.

OBH4 and Denver will go down as easily two of the best or in that top category along with Capitol theatre 2012, RR2012 2016, Wiltern 2012 for greatest Jacket shows ever. So grateful to go and so humbled by the help we received by Jacket fans to make it happen. So embarrassed by these Jacket riches
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 12, 2018, 01:20 PM

OBH4 and Denver will go down as easily two of the best or in that top category along with Capitol theatre 2012, RR2012 2016, Wiltern 2012 for greatest Jacket shows ever. So grateful to go and so humbled by the help we received by Jacket fans to make it happen. So embarrassed by these Jacket riches

I'm with you there Lonn. Even though I wasn't at OBH, no doubt those shows deserve to be thought of with the same reverence all the other great Jacket shows/runs are.

It's funny, I've been to my share of great shows/runs and I can't really compare them. It's like how I feel about my kids, I don't have a favorite or love one more than the other,  I have just loved one longer than the other.

T5 will always have a special place in my heart not only because of its greatness but I've lived with those memories longer than any other run. Broomfield on the other hand will only grow in fondness over time. I loved every minute of it but it's still a baby to me.  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: ericm on Mar 12, 2018, 03:36 PM

I'm with you there Lonn. Even though I wasn't at OBH, no doubt those shows deserve to be thought of with the same reverence all the other great Jacket shows/runs are.

It's funny, I've been to my share of great shows/runs and I can't really compare them. It's like how I feel about my kids, I don't have a favorite or love one more than the other,  I have just loved one longer than the other.

T5 will always have a special place in my heart not only because of its greatness but I've lived with those memories longer than any other run. Broomfield on the other hand will only grow in fondness over time. I loved every minute of it but it's still a baby to me.  :wink:

COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Evelyn into Slow Slow Tune though.

Lonndown27

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Mar 12, 2018, 06:27 PM
Evelyn into Slow Slow Tune though.

THAT was one of those segues that'll go down in history of Jacket awesomeness. That's the one thing you miss IF ANYTHING when the band does album only shows: you miss the creative impossible segues from something from Circuital into something from Tennessee fire etc. That type of mashup stuff of their material is what gets me going! For instance, the brilliance of this band can be distilled into one moment for me: Spring into Off The Record aka thw hybrid jam from MPP2017. That was out of this world. Two different songs connected and observed simultaneously.  Would've loved to hear that jam again

e-stone

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 12, 2018, 11:38 PM
That's the one thing you miss IF ANYTHING when the band does album only shows: you miss the creative impossible segues from something from Circuital into something from Tennessee fire etc. That type of mashup stuff of their material is what gets me going!

exactly.  still holding out hope that NYE gets official releases. 

while i fully appreciate and will treasure the OBH releases, i just don't know how much "replay" value they will hold for me, whereas i'm sure i'd be revisiting NYE night 1 and 2 often.

Lonndown27

Quote from: e-stone on Mar 13, 2018, 11:42 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Mar 12, 2018, 11:38 PM
That's the one thing you miss IF ANYTHING when the band does album only shows: you miss the creative impossible segues from something from Circuital into something from Tennessee fire etc. That type of mashup stuff of their material is what gets me going!

exactly.  still holding out hope that NYE gets official releases. 

while i fully appreciate and will treasure the OBH releases, i just don't know how much "replay" value they will hold for me, whereas i'm sure i'd be revisiting NYE night 1 and 2 often.
ohhh i believe youll come to find these shows having MUCH replay value man...the way the records are interpreted and the songs are altered on some of them is fuckin genius at its best. The band made a fuckin stand down there in DR and we shit the bed if we werent there but man this piece of the puzzle is huge to hear it , I thank Tom Jhoad for that immensely and next Ryan Pickett, what a wonderful man he is, i always knew fo sho.

I mean christ the band go Honky Tonk on JBID at OBH.

Then again, the Denver shows would be huge for me if given a release , too! I was there and it was my first Jacket multi night experience . it was insane!! it was the greatest guitar work in Jacket history in my opinion and i'd heard it all, i was absolutely blushing that I got to be there in person for all of it. Thank you to the people who made that happen , including myself for saying fuck you to work for trying to fuck with that.

Look what I would've missed out on.
Night I was so embarrassingly good, as was Night II and Night III, just wish NYE was longer post countdown. Listening to Xmas from 12/29 right now hahha, the greatest Xmas Curtain and on its 100th play.

that slide Carl is conjuring is pure Duane Allman midnight fever. that Goldtop he's got and uses for Strangulation, Hell, Xmas has the sweetest sustain ever. and that opening salvo with that segue from Beats into Aluminum, two of my favorite songs ever , made me jump in the air like a frat boy discovering U2 in 2002, i was giddy and flyin around with my lady on that Denver floor. Man, they just burned it down that night. I kept thinking they were gonna play 3 hours and then suddenly it was over. It was sad because it was so fucking good. Too good. Thank Hunter S Thompson's ancient spirit we have fantastic recordings and footage. Pat Myers is a Jesus unpersonified.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

millerjustin

You said it! What an incredible start to the weekend. The first two nights were by far my favorite shows I’ve ever attended.

I realized at the end of OBH4 night 1 that a couple Port Chester Shows would be falling out of my top 5.  I agree with Eric that it's like choosing a favorite kid. 
What's in here won't disappear

rkwedge

Quote from: millerjustin on Mar 13, 2018, 05:05 PM

I realized at the end of OBH4 night 1 that a couple Port Chester Shows would be falling out of my top 5.  I agree with Eric that it's like choosing a favorite kid. 
So true, the great thing is we have them all and soon OBH4 will be born for us to have and love.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes