1st Bank Center (Colorado) NYE Run

Started by fleedawg, Apr 15, 2017, 09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jan 11, 2018, 10:59 AM
Quote from: Fritz on Aug 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Aug 11, 2017, 12:02 AM
No covers. All originals.

If you think they're gonna play a show with The Motherfucking Revolution and not play some Prince, you're crazy.

not so crazy after all

yeah, didn't see that one coming! Especially when Jim started talking about Prince. So odd.

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Jan 11, 2018, 08:21 PM
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Good read from Justin Miller.
https://livemusicdaily.com/2018/01/10/one-big-new-years-party-with-my-morning-jacket/

Thanks for posting and well done Justin!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :beer:

One minor thing though..... Miss You was played at T5  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

walterfredo

Quote from: ericm on Jan 11, 2018, 08:40 PM
One minor thing though..... Miss You was played at T5  :wink:

which was done Miss you>Cobra that night, a reverse of NYE

millerjustin

thanks!  I was writing amidst a bout of the MMJ flu so I didn't confirm as much as I'd like - I also blew All You Need Is Love, which was played at OBH3

GREAT CATCH on Miss you and the reverse placement vs T5 - that's some serious mind F

I'll probably submit something for OBH4 as well - can you guys be my fact checkers????
What's in here won't disappear

walterfredo

Quote from: millerjustin on Jan 12, 2018, 10:24 AM
can you guys be my fact checkers????

there's nothing wrong with alternative facts.

And great job on the write-up!

midwesterner

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 11, 2018, 12:08 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jan 11, 2018, 10:59 AM
Quote from: Fritz on Aug 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Aug 11, 2017, 12:02 AM
No covers. All originals.

If you think they're gonna play a show with The Motherfucking Revolution and not play some Prince, you're crazy.

not so crazy after all

yeah, didn't see that one coming! Especially when Jim started talking about Prince. So odd.

honestly, I didn't either.  i just thought it was funny.
You need it.  That's for sure.

sillyboob

thanks!  I was writing amidst a bout of the MMJ flu so I didn't confirm as much as I'd like - I also blew All You Need Is Love, which was played at OBH3

GREAT CATCH on Miss you and the reverse placement vs T5 - that's some serious mind F

I'll probably submit something for OBH4 as well - can you guys be my fact checkers????

I don't mind helping with some fact-checking from OBH4.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ericm

Haha, nope not me,I'll pass on that. I'm not real good on that kind of thing and the only reason I knew about Miss You at T5 was because I was there.  :grin: I totally forgot how it was reversed until Walter mentioned it and he was right on the money there.  :thumbsup:

Anyway, great write up and I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts on OBH.   :thumbsup:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Lonndown27

Quote from: ericm on Jan 12, 2018, 01:38 PM

Haha, nope not me,I'll pass on that. I'm not real good on that kind of thing and the only reason I knew about Miss You at T5 was because I was there.  :grin: I totally forgot how it was reversed until Walter mentioned it and he was right on the money there.  :thumbsup:

Anyway, great write up and I'll be looking forward to reading your thoughts on OBH.   :thumbsup:  :beer:

i have no prob helping, Miss you has been played only three times: 1st was 2000 in Netherlands, second T5 and now this one
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

midwesterner

Quote from: ericm on Jan 12, 2018, 01:38 PM

I too was at T5 and during the set break on new year's eve I mentioned to my friend who was also T5 that those two songs had been connected but reversed. She had forgotten all about it. As good as the 12/31 version was the T5 one was epic. I believe that it is the only time they have played a full Cobra. For me T5 At Dawn is still one of top 3 MMJ shows.

Lonndown27

Still dreaming of a full Cobra haha Tom passsd my request of a full Cobra on to the band haha and then for my first Cobra i get the smallest one ever hahaha fucking loved Miss you though just wished theyd gone into the heavy heavy breakdown in Cobra. Im so jealous of you full Cobra witnesses
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018