OBH4 early arrival

Started by Zutroy, Feb 18, 2018, 09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

Anyone else going down March 1?

The past year has been the busiest of my career so I'm heading down a day early. Only thing planned is a massage.

rab7607

My wife and I always book the early option. We've done it for the first three and are doing it as well this year. There are usually a lot of early arrivals which is cool, but it definitely has a "calm before the storm" felling to it. Its always been a great day to try one of the restaurants that you may not get to try when the shows are going on or like in your case, get a massage. We'll definitely be taking time to explore this new resort as well.

slappymoe

couldn't swing the early option this year because of work.  it was all i could do to get friday off before a vacation week.

not scheduled to land in punta cana until 4:10 friday, gotta hope I don't run into any flight/airport delays.  I know most of the merch will be gone by the time I get there, but I'm good as long as I'm there for the welcome toast. :beer:

piton87

I think im on that 4:10 arrival. Delta out of JFK?
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

slappymoe

nope, first leg for me is Louisville to Chicago, then southwest from Chicago Midway.  that's where I fear delays the most. 

no bad weather!!!

Zutroy

I'm flying out of Baltimore on the 1st and my friends (all west coasters) aren't coming til the 2nd. If anyone want to grab dinner or a drink let me know.

I emailed about a possible excursion on the 1st but didn't hear back yet. The hotel team doesn't seem super responsive.

tmz

I'm heading in from Tampa via Miami on the 1st arriving at Punta Cana around 2, also solo. Always up for dinner and drinks. :)

One Big Broliday!

Quote from: piton87 on Feb 19, 2018, 12:42 PM
I think im on that 4:10 arrival. Delta out of JFK?

On 2/28?! We will be on that flight too connecting from Portland. One week until we fly out!!!!

sillyboob

The wife & I are coming from the west coast, on a JetBlue red eye 2/28 to Fort Lauderdale arriving at 5am on 3/1, with a JetBlue connection flight at 10:47am, arriving in Punta Cana around 2:00pm.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Cameron

Anyone else on the SW flight from ATL landing on 3/2 at 2:40?

rumdiesel

Part of our group is coming in late night on 2/28 and staying at the airport sheraton, then shuttling over to the resort on 3/1 around noon.  Can.not.wait.

rab7607

Wife and I are arriving at 1:45 on 3/1 from Pittsburgh connecting in Atlanta on Southwest.

sillyboob

Quote from: rab7607 on Feb 21, 2018, 01:34 PM
Wife and I are arriving at 1:45 on 3/1 from Pittsburgh connecting in Atlanta on Southwest.

Right on.  If we're ontime, we may be sharing a shuttle to the resort with you!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

longshanks

We are on a late redeye from Denver to Newark, arriving3/1 at 12:52pm.

SpinningOutGracefully

Quote from: tmz on Feb 19, 2018, 06:30 PM
I'm heading in from Tampa via Miami on the 1st arriving at Punta Cana around 2, also solo. Always up for dinner and drinks. :)

I'm booked to head down on the 2nd (same with my roommate). But would love to revise and head down on the 1st to relax for a night, and eliminate the possibility of being late on the 2nd. Looking for someone to split a room with for that 1 night. I wouldn't get in till around 630PM. Let me know if you're interested.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 21, 2018, 03:20 PM

Sweet. We should be on that party bus too!! Our flight arrives at 153

Zutroy

Quote from: unravelled on Feb 21, 2018, 06:46 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on Feb 21, 2018, 03:20 PM

Sweet. We should be on that party bus too!! Our flight arrives at 153

Me too!  Land at 145. This last week is gonna kill me. I swear.

KIT

piton87

Not getting in until 4PM on the second any of you early arrivals think you could pick me up a poster?
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

slappymoe

i went to OBH 2 & 3, and posters were the only thing that didn't sell out quickly.  roughly 1000 more people in punta cana, hopefully they'll have sense enough to have more of everything this time.

dr_trousers

We are on the JB flight from NYC on March 1 arriving sometime around 6.