Anyone else sick after OBH

Started by Zutroy, Mar 08, 2018, 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

They've ruled out the flu and strep. Moving on to scarier illnesses.

ditty

All good here.  Hope it's figured out quickly and you are OK!!!

Please keep us posted.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

Lonndown27

Quote from: Zutroy on Mar 08, 2018, 12:48 PM
They've ruled out the flu and strep. Moving on to scarier illnesses.

SHIT!!! be careful Zutroy!!! anything you may have eaten that was a bit on the risky side? anything you may have done??? please be safe my brotha! health is the wealth!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Cameron

My wife got close to 40 mosquito bites the first night. I hope nothing comes of that.

We're done having kids at least.

sillyboob

Quote from: Cameron on Mar 08, 2018, 06:26 PM
My wife got close to 40 mosquito bites the first night. I hope nothing comes of that.

We're done having kids at least.

Wow!! My wife is totally prone to getting mosquito bites, and she didn't have any!  We even remarked on how there were no bug issues at all for her.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Cameron

i didn't get any and was with her all night. nobody else we talked to got any either.  she usually gets bit but this was the worst ever.  just on the first night though.

MattStillMoves

Zutroy,

Just saw this post and had to register a username and reply.  I've been dealing with an unknown illness since I got back from OBH.  Got back on Thursday March 8th and then woke up on Sunday March 11th and had to be admitted to the hospital where I had to stay for a week.  My hands and feet swelled up and I had a painful rash/hives all over them.  Was also having trouble breathing and felt terribly sick.  They put me on steroids and antibiotics to calm everything down.  Left the hospital after a week without a diagnosis.  Two months later and I still don't have a clear answer.  I have now visited 7 different doctors and had blood taken 12 times.  Terrible experiences with some supposedly "top doctors."   

I'm still dealing with the hives/rash.  It pops up randomly at least twice a day.  I feel okay but definitely not like myself.  I have one or two days a week where I have no energy and just don't feel well. I have been through three different rounds of different types of antibiotics and also a long cycle of steroids since I've left the hospital but nothing has worked so far.  This has been a scary and humbling experience.  I'm 30, healthy, stay active and don't typically run into anything like this. 

Expecting some answers now though as I saw a doc last week who I believe will find out what exactly is going on.  He specializes in Infectious Diseases and specifically Travel Diseases. He ran a bunch of additional tests and I should hear back from him soon.

Is this anything like what you're experiencing or experienced while sick?

MattStillMoves

Before anyone asks, I would go now If I had to do it all over again (as long as this doesn't kill me or screw me up for life) Can't beat seeing MMJ play the albums in paradise. 

Also, when you're sick and have multiple doctors asking you if you we're in any brothels in the DR, they will not be amused if you answer with "No, the only peanut butter puddin' surprise I had was at the resort."  :drum:

rkwedge

Quote from: MattStillMoves on May 14, 2018, 12:40 PM
Before anyone asks, I would go now If I had to do it all over again (as long as this doesn't kill me or screw me up for life) Can't beat seeing MMJ play the albums in paradise. 

Also, when you're sick and have multiple doctors asking you if you we're in any brothels in the DR, they will not be amused if you answer with "No, the only peanut butter puddin' surprise I had was at the resort."  :drum:
Damn MattStillMoves, that's terrible. I hope they get it figured out. Keep us posted on what you learn and glad you joined the forum. (Peanut Butter Puddin Surprise, HaHa)
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Zutroy

Wow, major bummer that the trip was marred by your illness. Hang in there.

My issue, luckily, was just an exotic strep infection ("Type G") that cleared up with some penicillin.

Feel better and I'm glad to hear that you'd still go back regardless.