New Relix Article

Started by rkwedge, Mar 31, 2018, 02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulldog

Great article, thanks for the share, I like hearing Jim reaffirm that 2018 is just a break.

Varitek

Quote from: Bulldog on Mar 31, 2018, 02:55 PM
Great article, thanks for the share, I like hearing Jim reaffirm that 2018 is just a break.

Same.

Thanks for posting this..
"Did he just put on a cape?"

Lonndown27

Oh my god once again a tease of information!!! Stuff we know.... just a tiny bit more....

but man love to hear him talk about the world right now. 
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

WinstonLegthigh

Hiatuses aren't too bad when new material drops during that time.

gardenparty

if they drop a live album and a new studio album over the hiatus they could take a couple years off the road and it would hardly be noticeable.

good for them

You know they will get the itch to play live sooner than later though

jttouch2

Quote from: gardenparty on Apr 02, 2018, 03:04 PM
if they drop a live album and a new studio album over the hiatus they could take a couple years off the road and it would hardly be noticeable.

good for them

You know they will get the itch to play live sooner than later though
normally the studio album announcement would signal a return to the road I would think. But yeah if a live album came out in Fall/Winter 2018, they could easily not return to the road til later in 2019 or not until 2020 and it would be acceptable/make sense

sillyboob

It seems like they've been talking this live album for about a year or so now.  Anyone know the first references to it?  I'm curious why it's taken so long to release.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Lonndown27

Quote from: sillyboob on Apr 02, 2018, 07:34 PM
It seems like they've been talking this live album for about a year or so now.  Anyone know the first references to it?  I'm curious why it's taken so long to release.

Me too sillyboobys this has been bizarre. It was in the can more or less around RR2016. But, to my mind this can only be a good thing because this hopefully means Jim has arranged a visual aspect to it . This band NEEDS a live DVD. Im for this:

A live album that's 30 songs from Beacon 2015 stand

A live DVD consisting of either both full RR2016 shows or a compilation of it.

THAT'S PERFECT
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

APR

Good interview.  It does seem like Jim is conflicted about touring...... wanting to take a break to be home and then not being able to and doing a tour.  Hopefully he finds a happy medium and doesn't ever get burned out. 

Lonndown27

Quote from: APR on Apr 10, 2018, 03:25 PM
Good interview.  It does seem like Jim is conflicted about touring...... wanting to take a break to be home and then not being able to and doing a tour.  Hopefully he finds a happy medium and doesn't ever get burned out. 

Sometimes the guy needs to realize hes turning himself out by nonstop tours and solo ventures immediately following Jacket albums and tours. I can't think of a year except 2014 where Jim did nothing for once and chilled.  2007 was a sparse year but once again he did a few solo shows and a west coast Jacket tour in January and the Prom shows in March and Langerado and Lollapalooza. Even now beginning in 2018 MMJ have played three career defining shows and he's put out a solo album of covers with talk of yet another solo album. And he's still finalizing the live album and potentially the Waterfall sessions record. I hope he just relaxes and he puts out whatever he wants to put out but other than some one off shows he NEEDS to stop for this year and for REAL  and give his back and mind the rest it needs and yeah...i love our boys as human beings and they ALL need to relax. Like a championship winning team, injuries and things happen from wear and tear and the body gives into the mind's surrender. 

That said would love if the boys sat back with a few joints and beers and went through all of their footage and put out a DVD ( alongside whatever live footage may be in the live set coming ) of band footage. Just the guys. At home and on tour and backstage just chilling. Even a huge fleet of all the studio footage we know they've got from the ISM, Z, EU, CIRCUITAL and Waterfall sessions. We all know a gigantic package like that would be a dream

gardenparty

Doesn't Bo have 75 show dates with Roger Waters this year?  Looks like shows April through December

Lonndown27

Yup he does to further emphasize that they SHOULD rest haha

gardenparty

that must be a nice little side income. 
Touring with royalty.  same set every night.

rkwedge

Quote from: gardenparty on Apr 12, 2018, 03:30 PM
that must be a nice little side income. 
Touring with royalty.  same set every night.
Right? How cool would that be. You know other rock legends come to those shows to so Bo's right in the mix with some top shelf musicians. I never heard but I assume Lucius is doing this leg of the tour also.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ChiefOKONO

IMO - there are some bands that I wish had taken a break instead of soldiering on.  I think it will be a good thing for MMJ and I'm excited to hear what they come up with next...