New Jim Solo Album

Started by jttouch2, Apr 15, 2018, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jun 18, 2018, 11:58 AM
Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 15, 2018, 04:19 PM
Not sure if this is where to post this but this seems to be the hot Jim James thread right now.
He's going to be on Steve Hyden's Celebration Rock Podcast next Monday the 18th.

Big show on Monday: My guest is Jim James. We talk about his really good new solo LP, UNIFORM DISTORTION, and the status of two (!) My Morning Jacket albums that are still in the can and almost ready to be released.

Podcast is up
Something to listen to on my way home from work!!!

Well when I'm wrong I admit it... I stand corrected on my The Waterfall pt 2 album theory 

parkervb

my favorite thing from the pod was Steven describing it as a record you throw on if you're having a BBQ and want to play some air guitar on a beer bottle. Yes and yes.
Don't you ever turn it off

Brother Beck

Can anyone who listened to the podcast say whether The Waterfall Pt. 2 seems likely to actually see the light of day...?  It's been almost 2 yrs since when originally it sounded like it'd be coming out. 

oistheone

Quote from: Brother Beck on Jun 19, 2018, 06:05 PM
Can anyone who listened to the podcast say whether The Waterfall Pt. 2 seems likely to actually see the light of day...?  It's been almost 2 yrs since when originally it sounded like it'd be coming out. 

In all honesty, it doesn't sound close at all. Still needs to be mixed and packaged and it seems like Jim has a million other priorities right now.

The live album on the other hand... I am hopeful.

MMJCOBRA

Attended the listening event at seasick records in Birmingham and the new album is pretty killer on first listen. Two things stand out. Jim is having a blast and guitars are rocking and up front.

The record sounds really fresh.

parkervb

Quote from: unravelled on Jun 19, 2018, 11:42 PM
Attended the listening event at seasick records in Birmingham and the new album is pretty killer on first listen. Two things stand out. Jim is having a blast and guitars are rocking and up front.

the sounding fresh thing is something he seemed to be looking for based on the interview.
Don't you ever turn it off

justbcuzido

Quote from: unravelled on Jun 19, 2018, 11:42 PM

I concur with this. First listen and I really dug it and think these tunes are going to be amazing live.

It definitely does have a loose/garage rock feel to it.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

johnnYYac

I'll admit I've had a chance to listen to the album for a week now. It is fantastic, a gift to Jacket fans. I can't wait to hear what you think, once it drops on Friday.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

millerjustin

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 25, 2018, 12:28 AM
I'll admit I've had a chance to listen to the album for a week now. It is fantastic, a gift to Jacket fans. I can't wait to hear what you think, once it drops on Friday.

100% agreed
What's in here won't disappear

crooney

how are people listening to this?  i am leaving for a vacation in the morning and won't be able to wait for the friday delivery of the album.  any off the record guidance would me most appreciated.  thx.

justbcuzido

Quote from: crooney on Jun 25, 2018, 11:32 AM
how are people listening to this?  i am leaving for a vacation in the morning and won't be able to wait for the friday delivery of the album.  any off the record guidance would me most appreciated.  thx.

Would love a PM as well. Especially since now the smart post on my album order says it wont be here until Saturday :(

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jun 25, 2018, 12:28 AM
Those are some strong words John, lol. I can't wait other than "Just a Fool" and "Throwback" I am avoiding the album until Thurs night. I have a great feeling about this album!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Brother Beck

I definitely caved and checked out the short preview clips MOWJO8185 tipped us off about.  I can't say that I am 100% sold on the muddy sounding production just yet, but these songs themselves sound absolutely incredible.  I cannot wait to hear the good quality full songs. 

Jbpats

Checked the snippets and might have been a mistake, not loving what i'm hearing. I think I just need to give the full album a few full listens and then pass judgement.

CountSA

It looks like my vinyl pre-order is out for delivery today!

Come Closer

Looking forward to hearing the whole thing, but I do wish he kept fleshing out the art pop/psych pop sound. I liked that his first 2 records weren't just MMJ lite.

subinai

Quote from: CountSA on Jun 26, 2018, 10:11 AM

nice! i'm not getting it till next Monday

justbcuzido

Quote from: subinai on Jun 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

Smart post is the worst... I was originally set for Friday, then Saturday, and now it's Monday as well...

Mr. White

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jun 26, 2018, 12:42 PM
Quote from: subinai on Jun 26, 2018, 11:40 AM

Smart post is the worst... I was originally set for Friday, then Saturday, and now it's Monday as well...

Mine was originally scheduled to arrive on Thursday. This morning, I checked, and it's supposed to arrive on Wednesday (tomorrow). However, I noticed it had arrived at my local post office already, so I called them up to see if I could stop by to pick it up. They said to give them until 3:30 to sort packages, and then I could stop by to pick it up (less than a mile from my house).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011