New Jim Solo Album

Started by jttouch2, Apr 15, 2018, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

https://instagram.com/p/BhmvM0NHSIv/

In case you aren't on much social media, it seems pretty apparent that Jim is teasing a new solo album on all of his accounts. I am DIGGING this little 11-second sneak peek, can't wait for the announcement and the single!!!

APR

Soooooo exciting!!!!!

I think announcement, the single, and tour dates will be released soon.  I have no inside info, but with all of JJ's recent tweeted images and what he has said in the past (solo album done), that great news is brewing for this week.

I too am digging this brief guitar bit.  I liked Regions and EE but am hoping this one is a real guitar based rocker.

Emb1528

Record store day release?
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

Jbpats

Everything about these hints are screaming an 80's influence for what I assume is his new solo record.
From the guitar riff, and the black and white smoky room teases it just reminds me of an 80s music video.

Lonndown27

hoping for guitar catharsis. Love some of Jim's solo stuff, Of The Mother Again is an unprecedented magical piece of music.

Eternally Even?? I'll admit it, I haven't even listened to it other than Here In Spirit and that's on me.

But a new solo album THIS Soon??

I'm sorry but I'm just too much of a Jacket freak and want the live LP and Waterfall trax. I can be patient, though. Anything Jimbo creates is magic. I've started thinking and treating all of the projects as Jacket stuff, considering any of it could be played by the band and has. They've transformed a lot more solo items into Jacket vehicles than I thought:

Nothing To It
Down On The Bottom
State of The Art
A New Life
Carried Away
Losin Yo Head

and the one I really wanna see done: Carl's 4th of July!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Apr 16, 2018, 05:18 PM
hoping for guitar catharsis. Love some of Jim's solo stuff, Of The Mother Again is an unprecedented magical piece of music.

Eternally Even?? I'll admit it, I haven't even listened to it other than Here In Spirit and that's on me.

I'm sorry but I'm just too much of a Jacket freak and want the live LP and Waterfall trax. I can be patient, though. Anything Jimbo creates is magic. I've started thinking and treating all of the projects as Jacket stuff, considering any of it could be played by the band and has. They've transformed a lot more solo items into Jacket vehicles than I thought:

Nothing To It
Down On The Bottom
State of The Art
A New Life
Carried Away
Losin Yo Head

Theyve done The Right Place and Quick Like a Flash too! And I'm not huge on Eternally Even but it's a solid listen. Hoping for more guitar rock on this one.

jttouch2

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Apr 16, 2018, 08:30 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Apr 16, 2018, 05:18 PM

Nothing To It
Down On The Bottom
State of The Art
A New Life
Carried Away
Losin Yo Head

Theyve done The Right Place and Quick Like a Flash too! And I'm not huge on Eternally Even but it's a solid listen. Hoping for more guitar rock on this one.
^Good take here. Definitely a good, enjoyable album, but every other Jim/MMJ album has stayed in my listening rotation pretty much since I discovered them but Eternally Even disappeared after a few months. Still good, but doesn't have the same type of longevity/staying power if that makes sense.
  And while I do kind of wish the guitar rock stayed was centered on full band stuff with Carl and Patrick in there to really bash it out, I think getting a bigtime guitar album from Jim would still be tons of fun. I imagine it'd be a lot more pop rock-y than most MMJ stuff, fitting in with the Anytime type of sound maybe?? also maybe if its more guitar centered, Throwback would appear on this album instead of a Jacket one? 

HardNightConformist

True Nature and The World Is Smiling Now are the only songs I still consistently listen to - agreed that the rest of Eternally Even hasn't really "stuck".

I loved Tribute To 2. Wild Honey might be my favourite thing Jim James has done on any solo album to date.

I can get into some more guitar though. He's covered his slow, dreamy bases with ROLASOG, EE, and TT2, so I'm more than okay with him turning up the amp.

dogwoody

His birthday is April 27th, and he'll be 40 years old. Gotta be when he releases something.

jttouch2

Quote from: dogwoody on Apr 16, 2018, 09:29 PM
His birthday is April 27th, and he'll be 40 years old. Gotta be when he releases something.
I hope he doesnt keep teasing a single for an entire two weeks, surely we'd get it this friday?

edit-I say that but I've incorrectly guessed the date for OBH downloads twice so im probably wrong

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJTX

Anytime

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: rkwedge on Apr 17, 2018, 08:37 AM
Pre order is up. Called Uniform Distortion, guess this is where "Throwback" ended up.  :beer:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BYGZFW8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gRB1Ab7QW825G

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mvOnJm60Cp4

Great! Something to look forward to this summer!
Diggin "Just a Fool" after a quick listen

subinai

Jbpats

Great news but not really feeling Just a Fool on first listen, hopefully it grows on me.

I will say, unlike the feedback i'm seeing here, I loved both of Jims previous solo LP's. I played Eternally Even to death back when it came out, likewise of ROLAS..

Pretty excited for this release to say the least.

parkervb

I am definitely into this.

also excited that Throwback will be in the Jim/MMJ catalog now.
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

MMJCOBRA

On Jimjames.com, the 1st 250 orders come with a signed postcard. I passed on the lithograph cause I'm not wild about a 22x22 size. I ordered the clear vinyl, limited to 1000. 

Linky...

http://www.atorecords.com/uniformdistortion/phone/index.html

sillyboob

Quote from: unravelled on Apr 17, 2018, 11:10 AM
On Jimjames.com, the 1st 250 orders come with a signed postcard. I passed on the lithograph cause I'm not wild about a 22x22 size. I ordered the clear vinyl, limited to 1000. 

Linky...

http://www.atorecords.com/uniformdistortion/phone/index.html

Ordered mine!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Mr. White

Just ordered the black vinyl with sticker, post card, and poster.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011