New Jim Solo Album

Started by jttouch2, Apr 15, 2018, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie

Well..  if you happen to have a file or a link for the album, definitely dont pm me with any sort of information. 

PookdaddyG

That sounds fantastic! I picked up the ATO single today, and liked what I heard. Speaking of which, has anyone else hear the b side-- Yaki Soba?

MOWJO8185

I would really hate a pm as well. Please don't do that to me.

justbcuzido

Quote from: Stevie on Jun 12, 2018, 07:24 PM
Well..  if you happen to have a file or a link for the album, definitely dont pm me with any sort of information. 

Same here, a PM would be just the worst ;)
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

crooney

same here folks,  any leads on how to hear would be most appreciated.

Brother Beck

I have not heard the b-side Yaki Soba, but I would definitely love to if you are feeling generous.....

I am getting the feeling that for whatever reason the whole band didn't want to get back together for The Waterfall Part 2 and that some of that material ended up becoming this album.  I could be wrong.  It has happened before. 

joely_91

I'd love to hear Yaki Soba as well. No way of getting the track here in Australia from our record stores. :(

searchinbig

You can buy the 45 on ebay. Dirt cheap. Less than what I paid with delivery.

It includes a download card.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

gardenparty

Quote from: Brother Beck on Jun 13, 2018, 09:35 PM

I am getting the feeling that for whatever reason the whole band didn't want to get back together for The Waterfall Part 2 and that some of that material ended up becoming this album.  I could be wrong.  It has happened before. 

I'm thinking the same

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: gardenparty on Jun 14, 2018, 12:27 PM
Quote from: Brother Beck on Jun 13, 2018, 09:35 PM

I'm thinking the same

I agree 100%

Here is my post, 2 weeks ago, a couple pages back, regarding the same thoughts

"Just listened to Throwback about 20 times on my way in to work. I'm really excited and have high hopes for this album!!

As I am driving, I got to thinking.
With the inclusion of Throwback ...
What are the possibilities?
That this album.... is and was supposed to be, "The Waterfall: B Sides/Part 2"???🤔"

The DARK

I'm not sure, wasn't the Waterfall "twin" album supposed to be less rock-oriented and more experimental? That doesn't fit the description of these songs at all. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.
In another time, in another place, in another face

jttouch2

Quote from: The DARK on Jun 14, 2018, 01:38 PM
I'm not sure, wasn't the Waterfall "twin" album supposed to be less rock-oriented and more experimental? That doesn't fit the description of these songs at all. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.
That makes sense in listening to Magic Bullet & The First Time, which both came from the same Waterfall sessions supposedly.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 14, 2018, 02:03 PM
That makes sense in listening to Magic Bullet & The First Time, which both came from the same Waterfall sessions supposedly.

We all know Jim is always hard at work and doing something all the time. But I just feel thatvthis album announcement came out of nowhere. The last mention to anything was a possible live album and the Waterfall B sides... and then this comes out.
Could be far off, just a thought

subinai

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jun 14, 2018, 02:59 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Jun 14, 2018, 02:03 PM

We all know Jim is always hard at work and doing something all the time. But I just feel thatvthis album announcement came out of nowhere. The last mention to anything was a possible live album and the Waterfall B sides... and then this comes out.
Could be far off, just a thought

I am with you on this.

rkwedge

Not sure if this is where to post this but this seems to be the hot Jim James thread right now.
He's going to be on Steve Hyden's Celebration Rock Podcast next Monday the 18th.

Big show on Monday: My guest is Jim James. We talk about his really good new solo LP, UNIFORM DISTORTION, and the status of two (!) My Morning Jacket albums that are still in the can and almost ready to be released.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

gardenparty

excellent.  thanks for sharing!

Brother Beck

Can you confirm that the clear vinyl for Just A Fool has the b-side and comes with a download card...?  I don't mind paying for it but I have no way to play vinyl.

gasp

Quote from: Brother Beck on Jun 16, 2018, 07:53 AM
Can you confirm that the clear vinyl for Just A Fool has the b-side and comes with a download card...?  I don't mind paying for it but I have no way to play vinyl.

check pm
...to the moon

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 15, 2018, 04:19 PM
Not sure if this is where to post this but this seems to be the hot Jim James thread right now.
He's going to be on Steve Hyden's Celebration Rock Podcast next Monday the 18th.

Big show on Monday: My guest is Jim James. We talk about his really good new solo LP, UNIFORM DISTORTION, and the status of two (!) My Morning Jacket albums that are still in the can and almost ready to be released.

Podcast is up
Something to listen to on my way home from work!!!