New Jim Solo Album

Started by jttouch2, Apr 15, 2018, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Mines scheduled to arrive Tuesday July 3rd. So disappointing. For whatever reason, received tracking info that label was created on 6/21, but was not actually shipped until this morning. I think I'm done buying new releases from anywhere other than my local RS, they will certainly have it available on Friday.

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 26, 2018, 01:42 PM
Mines scheduled to arrive Tuesday July 3rd. So disappointing. For whatever reason, received tracking info that label was created on 6/21, but was not actually shipped until this morning. I think I'm done buying new releases from anywhere other than my local RS, they will certainly have it available on Friday.

i slowed buying presales with summer release dates b/c I kept getting warped records. If I buy from my local, it's much less likely to be warped and I have a quicker avenue for replacement
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

I preordered just so I could dl it tomorrow. Mine hasn't shipped yet but at least I'll be able to listen early.

MOWJO8185

Quote from: Cameron on Jun 26, 2018, 04:27 PM
I preordered just so I could dl it tomorrow. Mine hasn't shipped yet but at least I'll be able to listen early.

Haha I did the same. I have an Apple Music account and haven't actually bought a physical release from any artist in a long time, but the two days early thing made me order a copy.

walterfredo

I preordered too, so will they email us a DL code? I assumed it would come on a slip of paper inside the album.

slappymoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Jun 26, 2018, 11:00 PM
I preordered just so I could dl it tomorrow. Mine hasn’t shipped yet but at least I’ll be able to listen early.

I preordered too, so will they email us a DL code? I assumed it would come on a slip of paper inside the album.
got my DL e-mail this morning!  can't wait to get home and see (hear?) what all the fuss is about.

Nikkogino

Who are the DL emails and shipping emails coming from?  I ordered (and was charged), but have not received a single email confirmation.

subinai

Quote from: Nikkogino on Jun 27, 2018, 06:48 AM
Who are the DL emails and shipping emails coming from?  I ordered (and was charged), but have not received a single email confirmation.

The download link I received this morning for the album came from "ATO Records Store". The link isn't working for me and I'm trying to get that sorted.

The shipping confirmation email came from ATO Records Orders.

The fulfillment is through Music Today.

subinai

Got the link to work!

MOWJO8185

Just got through my first listen. I wouldn't say these are anywhere near Jim's most well-crafted songs, especially lyrically, but I could listen to him just rip on the guitar for pretty much eternity, so I enjoyed it quite a bit.

parkervb

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jun 27, 2018, 10:07 AM
Just got through my first listen. I wouldn't say these are anywhere near Jim's most well-crafted songs, especially lyrically, but I could listen to him just rip on the guitar for pretty much eternity, so I enjoyed it quite a bit.

he said it was recorded really fast and in stark contrast with Jacket albums, could explain some of that
Don't you ever turn it off

MOWJO8185

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 27, 2018, 10:24 AM

he said it was recorded really fast and in stark contrast with Jacket albums, could explain some of that

For sure, and I didn't mean for it to come off as a knock on the album. I enjoyed it quite a bit. But I think my enjoyment, at least initially, is coming from my affection for the way I've seen/heard Jim play the guitar live being all over this album, rather than it being an example of Jim's songwriting being at the top of its game.

Nikkogino

My opinion exactly...I like the laid back sound.  Out of Time is ridiculously fun.

jttouch2

Quote from: Nikkogino on Jun 27, 2018, 10:49 AM
My opinion exactly...I like the laid back sound.  Out of Time is ridiculously fun.
Out of Time is so badass. I'm only halfway through right now but it is the clear standout thus far, though the guitar on No Secrets is pretty awesome.

Nikkogino

Is Jim laughing on every track because he realizes he is going to make money on something he recorded in an hour?

To be clear, I am loving the album.

rkwedge

"To Good To Be True" could have been on any album the Band put out, Jim channeling his inner Levon Helm. All and all I like the songs a lot, the production not so much. Can't wait to hear these live.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

No Secrets is probably my fave after first listen.

slappymoe

haven't made it thru yet, so far i keep thinking "mirror ball, mirror ball, mirror ball."

love no use waiting.

slappymoe

done.  great rock n' roll record. :thumbsup:  can't wait to hear these songs live. 

justbcuzido

This album is awesome. Out of Time and No Secrets will be bangers live. I get this Neil Young with Crazy Horse vibe on the guitar playing as other reviewers have said
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.