Jim on Late Night w/ Stephen Colbert (Wed 5/23)

Started by dookie shoot bandit, May 21, 2018, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cameron

Mr. White

Jim just announced on Instagram that he's going to be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Wednesday night, May 23, 2018.

I have all first run shows set to record on my DVR (actually catching up right now on my day off - election day here in Kentucky) and checked the Directv guide to confirm. Yes! He's on for tomorrow night!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Mr. White

walterfredo

Not sure if I have ever seen (or noticed?) the guitar yim is playing there.

walterfredo

Quote from: MamaKel on May 24, 2018, 10:50 AM
Yeah it looks like a new-un!!!!

OK good. I would feel extra silly if I just hadn't noticed a guitar like that bad boy!

Jbpats

https://www.jambase.com/article/jim-james-performs-late-show-stephen-colbert

Not much variation from the studio version, but I wouldnt expect him to fly off the deep end with extended solos for the Colbert show.

rkwedge

Really starting to enjoy this song after several listens. Always different to see Jim with a Fender guitar, that one is really cool looking. I've seen him use a Fender (Not this one) on Aluminum Park before but very rare. I'm getting more and more excited for the album to drop and tour schedule.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on May 24, 2018, 12:27 PM
Really starting to enjoy this song after several listens. Always different to see Jim with a Fender guitar, that one is really cool looking. I've seen him use a Fender (Not this one) on Aluminum Park before but very rare. I'm getting more and more excited for the album to drop and tour schedule.

I remember at OBH3, night 1, after 'Phone Went West', they didn't leave the stage like I figured they would.  Then I noticed Jim had what looked like a Stratocaster, then he started into 'Like A Rolling Stone'.  It was such a great version!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

rkwedge

Quote from: sillyboob on May 24, 2018, 01:27 PM

I remember at OBH3, night 1, after 'Phone Went West', they didn't leave the stage like I figured they would.  Then I noticed Jim had what looked like a Stratocaster, then he started into 'Like A Rolling Stone'.  It was such a great version!
Oh yes I remember that now too, It was kind of weird how long the encore already was and PWW finished your mind went to Fuck what a great night then that little delay and they pulled that out and OMG killer. Probably one of my top 5 Dillon songs any way. Now I can taste the after show tacos again.  :grin: Sorry got off topic. Back to Jim's "Just A Fool"

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on May 24, 2018, 01:51 PM
Quote from: sillyboob on May 24, 2018, 01:27 PM

Oh yes I remember that now too, It was kind of weird how long the encore already was and PWW finished your mind went to Fuck what a great night then that little delay and they pulled that out and OMG killer. Probably one of my top 5 Dillon songs any way. Now I can taste the after show tacos again.  :grin: Sorry got off topic. Back to Jim's "Just A Fool"

You summed it up perfectly there.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Hoptimus Prime

Just re-watched... Doesn't seem like full band is cohesive unless all the dudes are there - especially without Carlos and the second lead. Ive seen Jim live a few times, including with Bob Weir a few times, and he has always been stellar. But the full band thing without the other dudes is super distracting! Who were the members of the backing band for that performance??
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

Mr. White

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on May 25, 2018, 12:34 AM
... Who were the members of the backing band for that performance??

Kevin Ratterman on guitar and Dave Givan on drums (both are permanent members of Jim's backing band - 2013 and 2016 tours - also big friends for years and years from Louisville) and Seth Kauffman on bass (he was also part of the 2016 band - main member of the band Floating Action) and I don't know the two female backing singers this go-around.

CC

Quote from: Mr. White on May 25, 2018, 09:54 AM

Kevin Ratterman on guitar and Dave Givan on drums (both are permanent members of Jim's backing band - 2013 and 2016 tours - also big friends for years and years from Louisville) and Seth Kauffman on bass (he was also part of the 2016 band - main member of the band Floating Action) and I don't know the two female backing singers this go-around.

Leslie Stevens & Cornelia Murr

rkwedge

Quote from: CC Baxter on May 25, 2018, 10:52 AM

Both LA based singers. Cornelia Murr has an album coming out produced by Jim.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: rkwedge on May 25, 2018, 11:32 AM
Quote from: CC Baxter on May 25, 2018, 10:52 AM

Both LA based singers. Cornelia Murr has an album coming out produced by Jim.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stereogum.com/1994231/cornelia-murr-man-on-my-mind-prod-jim-james/video%3famp=1

Article and video
She has a nice voice. I downloaded this song a couple weeks ago.