Author Topic: Jim's Message(s) - Revised  (Read 2471 times)

Mr. White

• got that old time feeling
    • My YouTube Channel
Jim's Message(s) - Revised
« on: May 18, 2018, 06:44 PM »
This thread used to be about "Jim's Message(s)" that he's been posting on Instagram. Now...I don't know anymore.

The only posts I had on this thread, that I started, were direct quotes from Jim from his removador Instagram account. They were all positive in nature and did have a theme revolving around the need for more effective gun laws to prevent the ever increasing death toll here in America. I thought that was pretty simple and straight forward.

When I felt demeaned on here, because appearantly Jim had posted some faulty statistics/data, and I was being blamed for it (for spreading it), I decided to delete all of the hand-full of Jim quotes/posts and the one(s) suggesting anyone who had heartburn with Jim's quotes should go on Instagram and straighten him out, and then I got pissed and said, "Fuck This Thread" in their place. I guess that was too trippy for some and I got "called out" for this.

I wasn't trying to slander, demean, insult, or anything of the sort, when I changed the name of the thread to someone else's thread (by their name). They wanted to do all the talking/typing on this thread, and I wanted to leave ... to leave this whole bullshit thread behind and let them take it wherever they wanted to take it. It was no longer about "Jim's Message(s)". That was over.

And so it goes...

And goes...

And goes...

easy way

• Bring it on home!
Re: Jim's Message(s)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 06, 2018, 10:35 AM »
Jim "removador" - Instagram - 5/18/2018

“Thoughts & prayers have not prevented the 22 school shootings in 2018 so far. Things we can do now:
1. Donate to the Brady Campaign, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, or other Gun Reform Groups http://bit.ly/2IP7a8R
2. Call your Representatives to support gun reform https://whoismyrepresentative.com
3. Register to vote and/or help others register. https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote
4. More Ideas Here: www.30guncontrolactionsyoucantakenow.com/take-action
#ENOUGH”

I think we can all agree that the conversation around gun violence in America is one that needs to be taken seriously. It's extremely disappointing to see J.J. so blindly spread misinformation on this topic. He obviously did zero research on where that '22' number originated and posted for all to see regardless of the facts... with such a devout fan base, many of whom idolize him beyond measure... this is a dangerous and irresponsible move on Jim's part.

Everytown for Gun Safety is a nonprofit group co-founded by Michael Bloomberg. Everytown explains clearly on it's website that it defines a school shooting as 'any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds'. The organization has a long history of inflating these numbers by including incidents of gunfire that are NOT really school shootings.

The link below is an article that shows all 18 'school shootings' leading up to Parkland (according to Everytown)...
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/heres-how-everytowns-disputed-report-of-18-school-shootings-breaks-down.html

Below are a few examples of what Everytown considers a school shooting (for those who won't take the time to read the articles):

1. 1/3/2018 - A 31 yr. old man who parked outside a Michigan elementary school called police to say he was armed and suicidal. Several hours later, he killed himself. The school, however, had been closed for seven months. There were NO teachers or students.

2. 1/20/2018 - At 1 a.m. a man was shot at a sorority event on the campus of Wake Forest University.

3. A week after the Wake Forest shooting, someone fired multiple rounds in a parking lot of a Michigan high school. No one was injured and it was at 8 p.m.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.2a0c77984123

“Since 2013,” the organization says on its website, “there have been nearly 300 school shootings in America — an average of about one a week.”

'But since Everytown began its tracking, it has included these dubious examples — in August 2013, a man shot on a Tennessee high school’s property at 2 a.m.; in December 2014, a man shot in his car late one night and discovered the next day in a Pennsylvania elementary school’s parking lot; in August 2015, a man who climbed atop the roof of an empty Texas school on a Sunday morning and fired sporadically; in January 2016, a man in an Indiana high school parking lot whose gun accidentally went off in his glove box, before any students had arrived on campus; in December 2017, two teens in Washington state who shot up a high school just before midnight on New Year’s Eve, when the building was otherwise empty.'

Thoughts and Prayers don't work? I agree that gun law reform and spreading awareness is a form of action, but so is the collective prayer, meditation and positive thoughts put out into the universe by all of us who believe in self accountability. Many of us participate in Jim's call to chant the Om Mantra in a sacred place like Red Rocks. He calls on us to put loving energy out into the universe, yet dismisses it's power with this irresponsible and lazy post.

https://tmhome.com/experiences/jim-james-finding-the-unifying-force/

I hope everyone is enjoying Jim's new solo record about the dangers and twisted nature of social media. Long live Jacket and love to you all!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #2 on: Jun 06, 2018, 11:49 AM »
I'm done debating shit here on the fucking Forum. It gets us nowhere and nowhere fast. Fuck all that.

I started this thread to share Jim's message(s) … like the title of the thread implies.

You can do whatever the fuck you want to/with/about the words Jim thinks are important enough to share publicly.

Meanwhile, I'll get back to posting Jim's message(s)

Have a nice day.

Hahaha! Nice melt dude. I bet you'd debate it all day long if it fit your agenda and you had a leg to stand on. The sad thing is that you can't handle getting called out for spreading dangerously misleading headlines...
Take the opportunity to learn from the new information... just as I did with your post about the measures taken in Japan. I didn't know that before today and now I am better educated than I was on the topic. Thanks!
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

sillyboob

« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:05 PM »
Keep up the postings Mr. White!  The message is a good one.
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:27 PM »
Don't take to calling me names or assuming shit you have no fucking idea about regarding me. I'm not going to debate you or anyone else here. I'm just sharing Jim's thoughts and posts.

Get honest John... you're not just the messenger here. I've read through the 'DANGER - Political Thread' and have a firm grasp on your political/social views. Good on you for standing up and being vocal about what you believe in.
That said, Jim posts a LOT on instagram, yet you've somehow managed to cherry pick 5 posts which span a 9 month period. Pretty sure you didn't select them at random.

MamaKel

« Reply #5 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:38 PM »

Jim "removador" - Instagram - 5/18/2018

“Thoughts & prayers have not prevented the 22 school shootings in 2018 so far. Things we can do now:
1. Donate to the Brady Campaign, Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, or other Gun Reform Groups http://bit.ly/2IP7a8R
2. Call your Representatives to support gun reform https://whoismyrepresentative.com
3. Register to vote and/or help others register. https://www.usa.gov/register-to-vote
4. More Ideas Here: www.30guncontrolactionsyoucantakenow.com/take-action
#ENOUGH”

I think we can all agree that the conversation around gun violence in America is one that needs to be taken seriously. It's extremely disappointing to see J.J. so blindly spread misinformation on this topic. He obviously did zero research on where that '22' number originated and posted for all to see regardless of the facts... with such a devout fan base, many of whom idolize him beyond measure... this is a dangerous and irresponsible move on Jim's part.

Everytown for Gun Safety is a nonprofit group co-founded by Michael Bloomberg. Everytown explains clearly on it's website that it defines a school shooting as 'any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds'. The organization has a long history of inflating these numbers by including incidents of gunfire that are NOT really school shootings.

The link below is an article that shows all 18 'school shootings' leading up to Parkland (according to Everytown)...
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/15/heres-how-everytowns-disputed-report-of-18-school-shootings-breaks-down.html

Below are a few examples of what Everytown considers a school shooting (for those who won't take the time to read the articles):

1. 1/3/2018 - A 31 yr. old man who parked outside a Michigan elementary school called police to say he was armed and suicidal. Several hours later, he killed himself. The school, however, had been closed for seven months. There were NO teachers or students.

2. 1/20/2018 - At 1 a.m. a man was shot at a sorority event on the campus of Wake Forest University.

3. A week after the Wake Forest shooting, someone fired multiple rounds in a parking lot of a Michigan high school. No one was injured and it was at 8 p.m.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-there-havent-been-18-school-shooting-in-2018-that-number-is-flat-wrong/2018/02/15/65b6cf72-1264-11e8-8ea1-c1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.2a0c77984123

“Since 2013,” the organization says on its website, “there have been nearly 300 school shootings in America — an average of about one a week.”

'But since Everytown began its tracking, it has included these dubious examples — in August 2013, a man shot on a Tennessee high school’s property at 2 a.m.; in December 2014, a man shot in his car late one night and discovered the next day in a Pennsylvania elementary school’s parking lot; in August 2015, a man who climbed atop the roof of an empty Texas school on a Sunday morning and fired sporadically; in January 2016, a man in an Indiana high school parking lot whose gun accidentally went off in his glove box, before any students had arrived on campus; in December 2017, two teens in Washington state who shot up a high school just before midnight on New Year’s Eve, when the building was otherwise empty.'

Thoughts and Prayers don't work, JJ? I agree that gun law reform and spreading awareness is a form of action, but so is the collective prayer, meditation and positive thoughts put out into the universe by all of us who believe in self accountability. Many of us participate in Jim's call to chant the Om Mantra in a sacred place like Red Rocks. He calls on us to put loving energy out into the universe, yet dismisses it's power with this irresponsible and lazy post.

https://tmhome.com/experiences/jim-james-finding-the-unifying-force/

I hope everyone is enjoying Jim's new solo record about the dangers and twisted nature of social media. Long live Jacket and love to you all!

Friend, this is somewhat of a spurious correlation. The lurking variable is that gun violence in America is at epidemic proportions, a point negated even in your own admission that a man took his own life with a gun on school property. Everytown's mission is to combat gun violence, and while I don't agree with gerrymandering statistics to make a point, I also think the NRA has gerrymandered enough votes in Congress on numerous points of legislation to get THEIR point across. I don't care what Jim says. Until Americans come to understand the violence within themselves that has been propogated by the hidden agenda of mass media and consumerism, nothing will change. All the back and forth...every piece of "information" is futile. The greatest weapon is our own mind, fashioned against itself, yet appearing as an alternate viewpoint. We've all got cognitive dissonance. Especially me. When something doesn't fit our view of the world, we search for any validation that we are right so we don't have to sit and face shit like death and loss. The violence is within. Tell Jim I said that.

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Keep up the postings Mr. White!  The message is a good one.

I agree that the message (as a whole) is a good one and I'm grateful for the fans, including yourself and Mr. White, for keeping this forum alive and rolling.

I merely provided public information on what Everytown considers to be a school shooting and feel strongly that the inflated numbers are created to push a given agenda.

Would you consider the following scenario to be a 'school shooting'?

January 3, 2018 - St. Johns, Michigan

'A 31-year-old man died by suicide in the parking lot of East Olive Elementary School. There were no students or staff at the scene, because the school had been closed for seven months'

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #7 on: Jun 06, 2018, 02:43 PM »
Friend, this is somewhat of a spurious correlation. The lurking variable is that gun violence in America is at epidemic proportions, a point negated even in your own admission that a man took his own life with a gun on school property. Everytown's mission is to combat gun violence, and while I don't agree with gerrymandering statistics to make a point, I also think the NRA has gerrymandered enough votes in Congress on numerous points of legislation to get THEIR point across. I don't care what Jim says. Until Americans come to understand the violence within themselves that has been propogated by the hidden agenda of mass media and consumerism, nothing will change. All the back and forth...every piece of "information" is futile. The greatest weapon is our own mind, fashioned against itself, yet appearing as an alternate viewpoint. We've all got cognitive dissonance. Especially me. When something doesn't fit our view of the world, we search for any validation that we are right so we don't have to sit and face shit like death and loss. The violence is within. Tell Jim I said that.

You are 100% on the money... well put, per usual. After I looked up 'spurious correlation' and came to understand what a 'lurking variable' is.  :thumbsup:

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Fuck This Thread

And Fuck Jim's Message

… Is all I've gotten from the responses, so Fuck This Shit In The Ass.

In the morning I pack up my gear
and toss it in my carryall
Run the wide load to the lip
and watch the big core crack and glow

In the evening I undo my belt
Split open and melt

I wake up on my stomach
with my face between my hands
and crawl along the floor toward the doorway
Jumping to my feet
I try to put myself together
but I feel it in my knees
and the room begins to spin
and I slip and bump my head and raise a welt
Split open and melt

We breathe deep
in a steam dream
and plunge below the water line
down, down, down
between beams
to the gloom room
among the seaweed and the slime
down, down, down
Melt

millerjustin

« Reply #9 on: Jun 06, 2018, 04:59 PM »
this is why we can't have nice things

(including a forum that is coded beyond 1997 html specs)

What's in here won't disappear

johnnYYac

• got that old time feeling moderator
  • BERNIE 2016!
    • johnnYYac's Omnichord Ramblings
« Reply #10 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:16 PM »
Hey guys! Did I miss anything?

:rolleyes:
Close enough!

sillyboob

« Reply #11 on: Jun 06, 2018, 05:42 PM »

Is this a Taylor Swift reference?
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #12 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:23 PM »

See you on Phish terr... looking at the following:

Alpharetta
Nashville
Chicago
Dicks

Will I have a chance to buy you a beer?

MamaKel

« Reply #13 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:28 PM »
Easy Way...I had to look it up, too. The last thing I remember from Logic class was "modus ponens"...☺ but thanks for the kind words and for support of my viewpoint. 🙏

But for the record, John aka Mr. White, is the most active citizen of anyone I know. He is involved in the arts, in civic associations, in schools, in protests. He is who Jim speaks of, and to. If you don't dig Jim's message, find one that suits you and walk that path in peace. But John is, hands down, one of the most sincerely good-hearted, well-spoken, and well-researched people I have met. His viewpoint is informed. And his commitment to the preservation of not only music, but ideas themselves, makes him a true historian, and a person of deep character.

walterfredo

« Reply #14 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Everytown explains clearly on it's website that it defines a school shooting as 'any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds'. The organization has a long history of inflating these numbers by including incidents of gunfire that are NOT really school shootings.

hmmm, maybe I'm missing something here, but I would reckon that is a fairly legitimate definition of a school shooting, no? Maybe you could provide some insight as to how anything falling under those conditions should NOT be called school shooting?

PS,

I'll be at..
Tahoe
LA
Dix
Vegas

;)

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #15 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Easy Way...I had to look it up, too. The last thing I remember from Logic class was "modus ponens"...but thanks.

But for the record, John aka Mr. White, is the most active citizen of anyone I know. He is involved in the arts, in civic associations, in schools, in protests. He is who Jim speaks of, and to. If you don't dig Jim's message, find one that suits you and walk that path in peace. But John is, hands down, one of the most sincerely good-hearted, well-spoken, and well-researched people I have mey. And his commitment to the preservation of not only music, but ideas themselves, makes him a true historian, and a person of deep character.

I dig Jim's message... been on this train for a hot minute now and don't have plans to vacate any time soon. Pretty sure I posted a big thank you to John for keeping this forum up in the absence of many of us who used to call this place home (see page 1 of this thread). I understand him to be just as you described... I see what he provides this community and as previously stated, am grateful for his efforts. You won't find me compromising my desire to speak out just b/c someone is a stand-up citizen... I disagreed with JJ's generic post and called out the data behind the frightening number of 'school shootings' that has so lazily and erroneously been passed around as a fear tactic. I agree with comment you made re: the NRA/lobbyist reference from your initial contribution, but John wouldn't have ever known how much he and I are in alignment due to his complete dismissal of my comment.

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #16 on: Jun 06, 2018, 06:56 PM »
Everytown explains clearly on it's website that it defines a school shooting as 'any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds'. The organization has a long history of inflating these numbers by including incidents of gunfire that are NOT really school shootings.

hmmm, maybe I'm missing something here, but I would reckon that is a fairly legitimate definition of a school shooting, no? Maybe you could provide some insight as to how anything falling under those conditions should NOT be called school shooting?

PS,

I'll be at..
Tahoe
LA
Dix
Vegas

;)

Assuming you didn't view the links provided or that we just don't see eye to eye on the drastic difference in Parkland or Columbine vs. the following:

Some dude shoots himself in the head while sitting in his car... the car is parked in an elementary school parking lot, but the school had been closed for 7 months and it was the middle of the night. There were obviously NO students or teachers on site.

Honest question for you walterfredo... is this type of situation even in the same ballpark as Parkland?

walterfredo

« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:02 PM »
I disagreed with JJ's generic post and called out the data behind the frightening number of 'school shootings' that has so lazily and erroneously been passed around as a fear tactic.

Some would argue that one school shooting is a frightening number.

Regardless, no matter how you chose to classify it, we have a major problem with guns in this country and our politicians are puppets and are paid substantially to blame it things such a “too many doors” or “not enough armed police/teachers on campus” or any number of absurd comments. Politicians have been paid substantially to shut their mouths, pretend like the problem isn’t our gun laws, and to represent the minority of their constituents.

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #18 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:13 PM »
I disagreed with JJ's generic post and called out the data behind the frightening number of 'school shootings' that has so lazily and erroneously been passed around as a fear tactic.

Some would argue that one school shooting is a frightening number.

Regardless, no matter how you chose to classify it, we have a major problem with guns in this country and our politicians are puppets and are paid substantially to blame it things such a “too many doors” or “not enough armed police/teachers on campus” or any number of absurd comments. Politicians have been pain substantially to shut their mouths, pretend like the problem isn’t our gun laws, and to represent the minority of their constituents.

I'm one of the people who agrees that ONE school shooting is too much... as a father of two young children, my heart weeps for the parents of any child who has lost their life in a senseless tragedy. This conversation is of the upmost importance... I simply don't feel that any sort of manipulation or exaggeration is necessary to see how obviously fucked this type of thing is. When all sides are lying and manipulating the data, it creates confusion and uncertainty and is inherently divisive.
walterfredo, thank you for engaging and sharing your view on the issue... hope to see you at Dick's!

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #19 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:14 PM »

Weak.

Out of respect for the OP's feelings, I'm cool with the mod removing this thread all together. Sad to see an individual with such supposed conviction revert to whitewashing the record... I anticipated the cowardly chess move and took a screenshot of the original back and forth.
I believe John so eloquently stated as follows:

fuck this thread, fuck this thread, fuck this thread (in place of all of his posts)... then went on to whine about how no one cares about JJ's message and how fucked the thread is and how the thread is shit and can be fucked in the ass.

Certainly a message I can get... behind  :grin: