Author Topic: Jim's Message(s) - Revised  (Read 2517 times)

Mr. White

• got that old time feeling
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: easy way's thread
« Reply #20 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:21 PM »
… on how Jim is "spreading dangerously misleading headlines" on Instagram.

Fixed it for you all.

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #21 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:23 PM »

Fixed it for you all.

Even worse than washing the content clean... replacing it completely with a headline to fit your personal agenda. You're showing your true colors sir. Keep it up.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

walterfredo

Re: .
« Reply #22 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:33 PM »
On an iPhone so quoting is a pain in the ass!

This is a topic I’m pretty passionate about. To the point where at this point I would be totally fine with a complete repeal of the 2nd amendment. That said, I’ve personally fired guns within the last couple of months (do not own any) and have gone with friends hunting as well. No problem with that. But sometimes the mindset should focus on the overall greater good. Sometimes (in my opinion) absolute personal freedoms need to be considered in greater terms.

I do cringe hearing you (the group “you”) claim folks trying to argue an anti-gun approach are exaggerating or manipulating facts. When in reality we (the group “we”) want some serious, common sense, gun laws passed. But it can’t happen. You have to know what we’re up against here? I can tell that you do. I believe the NRA is the devil incarnate and I really don’t think I can respect any person that gives them a penny. Nobody lies on this “argument” more than they do. Nobody manipulates and exaggerates more than they do. It’s a rough struggle. And while they’re “winning” thousands of Americans are “losing” (aka dying) every year. And why?

Mr. White

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #23 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:54 PM »

Fixed it for you all.

Even worse than washing the content clean... replacing it completely with a headline to fit your personal agenda. You're showing your true colors sir. Keep it up.

Not my personal agenda but a direct quote from you from earlier today. You, sir, said the original Instagram post/image that Jim shared (and I provided here along with a working link to Jim's Instagram account) was "spreading dangerously misleading headlines". That is all.

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #24 on: Jun 06, 2018, 09:58 PM »
You have to know what we’re up against here? I can tell that you do. I believe the NRA is the devil incarnate and I really don’t think I can respect any person that gives them a penny.

I certainly do... in fact, in this very thread I made a point to express my agreement with MamaKel on her statement as quoted below:

"Everytown's mission is to combat gun violence, and while I don't agree with gerrymandering statistics to make a point, I also think the NRA has gerrymandered enough votes in Congress on numerous points of legislation to get THEIR point across."

I stand by what I say and won't run from it. You and I disagree on the complete repeal of the 2nd amendment, but I applaud your tact and appreciate the thoughtful and genuine reply. Just as I thanked Mr. White for informing me on the steps that Japan has taken to qualify gun owners. For the record, I'm not an NRA member nor a supporter of such an organization.
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

walterfredo

« Reply #25 on: Jun 06, 2018, 10:00 PM »
Mr. White I too disagree with easy way on this. But we can’t all agree every time about everything. I don’t think any disrespect was intended (even though I too take great offense in the labeling as exaggerating and manipulating).

If we want to be heard, sometimes we shouldn’t yell. And I struggle with this too, with this topic more than any other!

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #26 on: Jun 06, 2018, 10:04 PM »
Mr. White I too disagree with easy way on this. But we can’t all agree every time about everything. I don’t think any disrespect was intended (even though I too take great offense in the labeling as exaggerating and manipulating).

If we want to be heard, sometimes we shouldn’t yell. And I struggle with this too, with this topic more than any other!

Did you read my reply to you above? I've agreed that varying interests on both sides play the exaggeration and manipulation game... it's pretty clear. I just started with JJ's post b/c of the OP. Don't take 'great offense' in the example... it's not directed at you or 'your side' if there were such a thing.

walterfredo

« Reply #27 on: Jun 06, 2018, 10:25 PM »
Yeah man, periodically peaking while watching the warriors at typing responses in spurts! All good. Appreciate the discussion.

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #28 on: Jun 06, 2018, 10:27 PM »
Yeah man, periodically peaking while watching the warriors at typing responses in spurts! All good. Appreciate the discussion.

Funky series thus far... y'all got it on lock. Enjoy the next cpl of games brother.

MamaKel

Re: Mr. White Is A Coward Thread
« Reply #29 on: Jun 07, 2018, 12:53 AM »
This is enough.

If everyone in this thread was standing in a circle, conversing, none of this would have taken a turn.

BUT AGAIN, the fucking internet has no tone. It has no subtlety and no social grace because it is a technological machine, and not a human being. I can tell that the people in this thread are decent, intelligent human beings who pay attention to the world around them, and care enough to try to figure it out.  This is the madness of uniform distortion...we all read words on a screen and misinterpret them according to our feelings within the subtext of a given offshoot of a thread...conversation...comment...

It is bureaucracy of the mind and it doesn't work.

We need love so much more than being right. Nothing can be proven, save actions led by love.

"Heal your hearts or die." -David Lynch

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #30 on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:01 AM »
John,
Thank you kindly for the private message you sent last night... Keep up the good work in this community and don't be discouraged. I know you to be a good and passionate person and hope that you will always continue to put yourself out there, even when met with resistance or opposition. My apologies for all the 'melt' jabs and the personal turn that this thing took... it was fun for a minute, but ultimately weighed heavy. In the end, you and I are holding ourselves accountable for our respective roles and although difficult at times for an asshole like myself, I'll keep trying to do the next right thing. Take it easy!

Mr. White

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:06 AM »
John,
Thank you kindly for the private message you sent last night... Keep up the good work in this community and don't be discouraged. I know you to be a good and passionate person and hope that you will always continue to put yourself out there, even when met with resistance or opposition. My apologies for all the 'melt' jabs and the personal turn that this thing took... it was fun for a minute, but ultimately weighed heavy. In the end, you and I are holding ourselves accountable for our respective roles and although difficult at times for an asshole like myself, I'll keep trying to do the next right thing. Take it easy!

Thanks man. I've had a very, very tough 7 months or so, and my body and my nerves are on edge. I'm sorry for being a dick. Love you much. The overwhelming thanks goes to MamaKel. She is the light that shines on all of us.

Take care,
John

millerjustin

« Reply #32 on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:10 AM »
this is why we can't have nice things

(including a forum that is coded beyond 1997 html specs)

See you on Phish terr... looking at the following:

Alpharetta
Nashville
Chicago
Dicks

Will I have a chance to buy you a beer?

Curveball and Dicks for the Phish from Vermont.

I Like Beer, but no gun talk though, mkay? 
What's in here won't disappear

parkervb

• Twitter
« Reply #33 on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:13 AM »
the thing is guys and gals, we (this community) don't act like this in the flesh so let's not treat each other this way just because we're only connected digitally.

the ease by which we allow our worst instincts to take over when on a keyboard is one of the things about technology that is ruining discourse and society.

i'm glad to see that there's some positive resolution here. Take care everyone
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

• Twitter
Re: Jim's Message(s) - Revised
« Reply #34 on: Jun 07, 2018, 09:14 AM »

Alpharetta
Nashville
Chicago
Dicks

should we get a Phish Tour roll call on Other Topics? I'll be at Hampton 2 or 3 nights

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #35 on: Jun 07, 2018, 10:44 AM »

Alpharetta
Nashville
Chicago
Dicks

Well... other than machine gun Trey, of course.

millerjustin

« Reply #36 on: Jun 07, 2018, 01:39 PM »
true story - I bumped into Trey at one of the MMJ Beacon shows in November 2015.

Was surreal x3 given that I had just stood in the beer line with Chris Mintz Plasse for 10 minutes rapping about OBH and we then turned and talked to Danny Clinch and geeked out about all things MMJ.  Dave Fricke was hovering and watching this all go down too. 

easy way

• Bring it on home!
« Reply #37 on: Jun 07, 2018, 02:06 PM »
true story - I bumped into Trey at one of the MMJ Beacon shows in November 2015.

Was surreal x3 given that I had just stood in the beer line with Chris Mintz Plasse for 10 minutes rapping about OBH and we then turned and talked to Danny Clinch and geeked out about all things MMJ.  Dave Fricke was hovering and watching this all go down too. 

Overload!

parkervb

• Twitter
« Reply #38 on: Jun 07, 2018, 03:06 PM »

"excuse me, could you hand me those names i just dropped" ;)

millerjustin

« Reply #39 on: Jun 08, 2018, 08:33 AM »

"excuse me, could you hand me those names i just dropped" ;)

right?!?!  I went back to our seats and my wife just rolled her eyes and said I was either full of shit or should just calm the F down.