Main Menu

OBH5?

Started by slappymoe, Jun 11, 2018, 10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

after what happened at OBH4 it's gonna be hard for them to ever top that....

i will forever cut myself for not going to those shows...but it was literally either NYE 2017 in Denver or OBH4.

Knowing what I know now, I think I would've still made the same decision. There's nothing like seeing THAT band on New Years Eve, just simply nothing, plus the other 2 nights of delicious deep cuts, gems, new covers etc, but the OBH4 mold of all the songs on all of the albums...plus a FULL Cobra??? Jesus...wish NYE 2017/2018 had received that Cobra, but we got one of the coolest Cobras ever: yes, it was only 5 minutes but it went straight into the Stones' Miss you! Something they'll probably never do again!

Fuck i miss this band
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

rkwedge

I don't have Twitter but was informed there's a new message on the MMJOneBigHolday twitter account.
Either an Equinox tie in today or a OBH5 tease.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 20, 2019, 01:36 PMI don't have Twitter but was informed there's a new message on the MMJOneBigHolday twitter account.

i only see a RT about Jim's tour from earlier this month
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 20, 2019, 01:56 PM
Quote from: rkwedge on Mar 20, 2019, 01:36 PMI don't have Twitter but was informed there's a new message on the MMJOneBigHolday twitter account.

i only see a RT about Jim's tour from earlier this month
Really weird. I have a screen shot of it but don't know how to post a pic on here. If someone wants to pm me their number I'll text it to them to post.

slappymoe

looks like hard rock punta cana has 3 four-day blocks saved next winter.  as of now, only the avett bros have been announced.  so I'm saying there's a chance.......

rkwedge

Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 03, 2019, 10:32 AMlooks like hard rock punta cana has 3 four-day blocks saved next winter.  as of now, only the avett bros have been announced.  so I'm saying there's a chance.......
Agreed, I still have a good feeling about it. On 3/20/2019 the MMJ One Big Holiday twitter account posted a picture of the 2018 OBH4 Stage with the moon above it.  The caption read "Circuits connect the earth and the moon, and link our heavenly bodies not a moment too soon"  At the time I was wondering if it was a solstice reference as it was the first day of spring or what. When I posted it here parkervb said he went there and it was gone. Hum  :huh:

Bulldog

I need it so bad, dont get me wrong looking forward to Red Rocks, but I soooo miss having OBH to look forward to in the dead of winter.

millerjustin

What's in here won't disappear

jttouch2

Quote from: millerjustin on Apr 03, 2019, 03:14 PM:/

I take it your rumblings are not so positive on OBH5?

sillyboob

Quote from: rkwedge on Apr 03, 2019, 12:43 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Apr 03, 2019, 10:32 AMlooks like hard rock punta cana has 3 four-day blocks saved next winter.  as of now, only the avett bros have been announced.  so I'm saying there's a chance.......
Agreed, I still have a good feeling about it. On 3/20/2019 the MMJ One Big Holiday twitter account posted a picture of the 2018 OBH4 Stage with the moon above it.  The caption read "Circuits connect the earth and the moon, and link our heavenly bodies not a moment too soon"  At the time I was wondering if it was a solstice reference as it was the first day of spring or what. When I posted it here parkervb said he went there and it was gone. Hum  :huh:

I saw that post too.  Got me wishing and dreaming...
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Zutroy

CC

no OBH in 2020.

i'm sure it will return at some point.

sillyboob

Just posted to Twitter - No OBH2020. No explanation why they waited to announce this until AFTER Wilco's Sky Blue Sky went onsale.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

APR

Quote from: CC on May 24, 2019, 09:37 AMno OBH in 2020.

i'm sure it will return at some point.

I like the second line of this post!  Thanks for adding that CC.  Here's hoping for 2021!

dcfire

From the May 24 2019 post:

"Friends! Letting you know that the One Big Holiday festival will be taking a break in 2020. Looking forward to seeing you in August!"

Here is the URL to the post

https://twitter.com/mymorningjacket/status/1131916233887105025

Rupert230

CRUSHED! :(

Fingers crossed for 2021.

slappymoe

Quote from: dcfire on May 25, 2019, 04:09 PM"Friends! Letting you know that the One Big Holiday festival will be taking a break in 2020. Looking forward to seeing you in August!"

well, let's all hope they figure out why people are dropping dead in the domincan before we return.  apparently 2 have died at the hard rock punta cana :shocked:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/california-man-died-in-april-at-dominican-republic-resort-after-drink-from-hotel-room-minibar-family-says/ar-AACCPBy?ocid=iehp