Jim @ Louisville Palace Roll Call - 11/21/2018

Started by Mr. White, Jun 19, 2018, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stopgo

I saw mics set up by the soundboard.  Anyone know who taped it and if it's going to circulate?

Mr. White

Quote from: stopgo on Nov 26, 2018, 12:38 PM
I saw mics set up by the soundboard.  Anyone know who taped it and if it's going to circulate?

I was up in the Loge on the front row and actually spent a fair amount of time talking to our favorite Tapers. They were Brent Stober and Brian Porter. I even got a picture of them together after the show. I also did my own Taping. I used my TASCAM DR-05 (real little recorder that fits in your hand). I asked them all kinds of questions about how they get their rigs into venues, how they set up their stuff, and about recording levels (seems I had mine set too high again and got a bit of fuzzy distortion whenever Jim howled extra loudly or when they jammed out near the end). I've been checking both of their accounts several times a day to see if they had their recordings up yet. Nothing as of this posting (2:50 p.m. on Monday, November 26, 2018). The three videos I've posted so far had the least amount of fuzziness and a minimal amount of some dude talking (much of my recording had this dude talking).

Edit: Also, Brian and Brent (and myself) had our mics on the wooden board that protruded out from the Loge (Balcony in front of the Balcony) in the dead center of the venue. It looks like the board was above the projector that probably is used whenever the venue plays movies.

Here's a couple of links to their accounts on Internet Archives.

Brian Porter
https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian+Porter%22&page=4

Brent Stober
https://archive.org/details/@stober
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

stopgo

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 26, 2018, 02:50 PM
Quote from: stopgo on Nov 26, 2018, 12:38 PM

I was up in the Loge on the front row and actually spent a fair amount of time talking to our favorite Tapers. They were Brent Stober and Brian Porter. I even got a picture of them together after the show. I also did my own Taping. I used my TASCAM DR-05 (real little recorder that fits in your hand). I asked them all kinds of questions about how they get their rigs into venues, how they set up their stuff, and about recording levels (seems I had mine set too high again and got a bit of fuzzy distortion whenever Jim howled extra loudly or when they jammed out near the end). I've been checking both of their accounts several times a day to see if they had their recordings up yet. Nothing as of this posting (2:50 p.m. on Monday, November 26, 2018). The three videos I've posted so far had the least amount of fuzziness and a minimal amount of some dude talking (much of my recording had this dude talking).

Edit: Also, Brian and Brent (and myself) had our mics on the wooden board that protruded out from the Loge (Balcony in front of the Balcony) in the dead center of the venue. It looks like the board was above the projector that probably is used whenever the venue plays movies.

Here's a couple of links to their accounts on Internet Archives.

Brian Porter
https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian+Porter%22&page=4

Brent Stober
https://archive.org/details/@stober

Great news and great info.  Will keep a lookout.

Mr. White

Tapers - Brent Stober & Brian Porter after the Jim Solo Show at the Louisville Palace on Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Mr. White

Jim
Louisville Palace Theatre
Full Show (With Taper Audio By Brian Porter)
End of Tour Hometown Show
Wednesday, November 21, 2018

The videos are mine. I was on the front row of the Loge (Front Balcony) on the right side. I sat the camera (Nikon Coolpix - 16 megapixel point and shoot camera) on the ledge and let it record. The beginning is sort of messed up because I pointed it at the stage and let it record with a black cloth over the display, so it wouldn't bother people seated near me. I kept it covered for most of the show this way. I didn't know it was going in and out of focus all the time in the beginning (was zoomed out too far). I did stop the recording between songs a few times and zoomed in more. The middle and later parts of the concert are much better. A few times, I picked up the camera and zoomed in more and did a better job capturing the show. Much of the video is pretty good (after the 21 min. mark).

I also recorded the audio, but my TASCAM DR-05 audio recorder was set at too high of a recording level and picked up some anoying talking by some guy. Lots of the songs have his talking (some of Brian Porter's recorded songs have this same guy talking but not near as bad as mine seem to). I waited until one of the tapers I spoke with (Brian Porter and Brent Stober) put their recording up, so I could use it instead of my flawed audio (there was also the problem of having it set at too high of a level and causing it to be distorted on the louder songs - like my Nashville recording).

I haven't posted this yet because YouTube had it blocked here in America because they thought it matched a studio recording at Sirius XM Studios for the song "Over and Over" (none of the other songs were flagged, but this caused them to block it). I had to formally object to their assumption of a Copyright violation. I provided the statement from Internet Archives from MMJ that allows for ROIO (Recordings Of Independent Origins) recordings and told them exactly when and where the recording was made and that it wasn't the studio recording their algorithm thought it was. They said I would have to wait up to 30 days for the studio to get back with their final decision on this (starting on Dec. 2, 2018). I didn't get any word or an e-mail, so I just went into my Video Manager on my YouTube Channel to see what it looked like. There was no longer a Copyright challenge pending (not sure of the original wording), so I'm posting it now. Let me know if you all can see it or not. Videos I've uploaded that YouTube blocks from view are still visible to me when I'm logged in (strange but true), so I can always see them but don't know if others can.

Edit: I just opened it using a different web browser to see if I could see it when not logged into my account on YouTube, and I could! I think you all will enjoy it, if you can get past the troubles with focus in the beginning (gets much better at about the 21 min. mark). The middle and end are pretty good, like I said earlier. Just give it a chance.

Edit Again: It is "Unlisted" like the Nashville show, so it is just for us here on the Forum, but if you want to share it in other places, you can. You can share it with friends or even on the Facebook Fan Club page if you want. Just let them know Darkstarflashes made it with the help of Brian Porter's killer audio! I don't do Facebook anymore, but some will remember me by my username of Darkstarflashes.

MateoDeKY

Thanks Mr. White. It was a great show and its nice to relive it a bit.
Our earthly bodies will surely fall, But the love we share outlives us all

cgreen2599

Thanks a ton for putting this together. Excited to check it out.