Tom on Alabama Take Podcast

Started by subinai, Jun 20, 2018, 10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

Text from Instagram caption:

New podcast is up! I'm talking with @sometomguy from @mymorningjacket . Topics include "The Waterfall", the MMJ/Muppets Electric Mayhem project, comic books, @jasonlatour, @jasonaaron, @marvel Avengers Infinity War, recording with @greatpeacock, and more. Check the website or wherever you normally get your podcasts. Link also in bio. .

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

justbcuzido

This interview didn't give me much hope for the fabled Waterfall pt 2... Maybe it's best they just move on and record new stuff when they meet back up?
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

rkwedge

Quote from: justbcuzido on Jun 20, 2018, 12:32 PM
This interview didn't give me much hope for the fabled Waterfall pt 2... Maybe it's best they just move on and record new stuff when they meet back up?
Agreed, Magic Bullet and The First Time were 2 of those songs that did come out and maybe that's behind them now.
Better news to me was Carl having another solo album coming out in September.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

robb

if magic bullet and the first time are from "the waterfall 2" then i want to hear the rest of the material since i think both of those songs are better than anything on the waterfall proper.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

justbcuzido

Quote from: robb on Jun 21, 2018, 08:33 AM
if magic bullet and the first time are from "the waterfall 2" then i want to hear the rest of the material since i think both of those songs are better than anything on the waterfall proper.

I LOVE "The First Time" and am hoping we do eventually hear the rest of that session in some fashion or another. It just feels like at this point that pt 2 is sort of behind them as there doesn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm to finish it. I can't agree about Magic Bullet being better than anything on The Waterfall, it's an ok "Sign of the Times" (Prince) knock off that worked much better as a topical single than part of The Waterfall (IMHO). I feel like they didn't put first time on there because of "Only Memories Remain" as they have a similar feel in some ways.

I'd rather they come back from their respective breaks ready and motivated to do something they are excited about. If they are excited about some of those leftover tracks, than even better! However, if it means we get more new music sooner because they have songs already formed, than please give us new music lol
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

APR

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 20, 2018, 02:16 PM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Jun 20, 2018, 12:32 PM
Agreed, Magic Bullet and The First Time were 2 of those songs that did come out and maybe that's behind them now.
Better news to me was Carl having another solo album coming out in September.

Agreed...hat Carl news was a super pleasant surprise.