Favorite Jim Solo Song

Started by Jackets N Pones, Jul 11, 2018, 03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e-stone

this won't be a popular choice, but "Talking Empty Bed Blues" gives me those old time Jacket feelings in a BIG way.  more than anything else released in the last 10+ years (yes i'm one of those still holding out hope for At Dawn pt II).  especially the Demo version found on Let's Multiply

dogwoody

Quote from: e-stone on Jul 13, 2018, 06:07 PM
this won't be a popular choice, but "Talking Empty Bed Blues" gives me those old time Jacket feelings in a BIG way.  more than anything else released in the last 10+ years (yes i'm one of those still holding out hope for At Dawn pt II).  especially the Demo version found on Let's Multiply

this is incredible and I can't believe i've never heard it before. Thank you

millerjustin

have you guys heard Jim's sit in with Gov't Mule for "Captured" on their compilation album "Shout"?

holy moly
What's in here won't disappear

Mr. White

Quote from: millerjustin on Jul 16, 2018, 12:25 PM
have you guys heard Jim's sit in with Gov't Mule for "Captured" on their compilation album "Shout"?

holy moly

I love that song! I have a folder of Jim and MMJ Covers and Rare Songs I've made CD's from and sometimes play while I'm mowing or doing other work around the house/yard. "Captured" has some moments that remind me of Pink Floyd. It's a very cool song.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lucius

My favourite has always been In The Moment. It's just SO smooth and sexy. The final "In the moment, no hesitating" chant (wasn't sure if it counts as a chorus?) that starts at 2:38 is pure sex! :cheesy: (come to think of it there's actually nothing I dislike about Eternally Even - I think it's a perfect record!)

However, No Secrets has arrived and it's kind of becoming a serious constant in my life so, we'll see!

it wouldn't be a party without you

RobRoy286