Roll Call - Carl @ Mercy Lounge - Nashville - 10/6/2018

Started by Mr. White, Aug 03, 2018, 11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Roll Call for Carl Broemel at Mercy Lounge in Nashville on Saturday, October 6, 2018

1. Mr. White +1
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

jttouch2

Roll Call for Carl Broemel at Mercy Lounge in Nashville on Saturday, October 6, 2018

1. Mr. White +1
2. Jttouch2 + at least 1

Mr. White

OK all you Nashville and surrounding area folks, you better make it out to this special show at the Mercy Lounge (my first time there)!

Saturday night is upon us, and it's the weekend!

Carl Will Be Rocking It Out Tonight!

Be there or be a slacker!

No excuses!

I SAID, IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

ericm

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 06, 2018, 11:38 AM
OK all you Nashville and surrounding area folks, you better make it out to this special show at the Mercy Lounge (my first time there)!

Saturday night is upon us, and it's the weekend!

Carl Will Be Rocking It Out Tonight!

Be there or be a slacker!

No excuses!

I SAID, IT'S THE WEEKEND!!!

Have a great time and looking forward to hearing all about it (and I'm sure seeing a couple of videos from you as well  :wink:).   :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Mr. White

Carl Broemel
"Tennessee Blues" (Bobby Charles Cover)
Mercy Lounge
Nashville, Tennessee
Saturday, October 6, 2018

BOBBY CHARLES
"Tennessee Blues" Lyrics

If I had my way
I'd leave here today I move in a hurry
I find me a place where I could stay
And not have to worry
A place I feel loose
A place I could lose, these Tennessee Blues

I Find me a spot on some mountain top
With no one around me
Vallies and streams birds in the trees
With lakes that surround me
A place I feel loose
A place I could lose, these Tennessee Blues

A place to forget all my regrets
And keep just the good times
Some place I could sleep with nothing but peace
Feel free at all times
A place I feel loose
Some place I could lose, these Tennessee Blues
Some place I could lose, these Tennessee Blues

Mr. White

Carl Broemel
"No One Else"
Mercy Lounge
Nashville, Tennessee

Mr. White

Carl Broemel
"Second Fiddle"
Mercy Lounge
Nashville, Tennessee

Mr. White

This Nashville show at the Mercy Lounge should have been packed since it's Carl's adulthood hometown. When I got there to get in line, I asked the security guy checking names and IDs how many tickets had been sold. He said something like 167 so far (this was a couple of hours before Doors). When we got in, the person scanning tickets had us pause inside the doorway while she switched over her computer from the other show happening on the floor below us in the Cannery Ballroom. As we waited, Carl's roadie and merchandise guy came down and gave her a little stack of VIP passes and explained who they were for. I'd say there were closer to 200 people there (Interweb posted standing room only capacity is 450), so it wasn't packed either but still very energetic and full of attentive fans and friends.

Murph

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 09, 2018, 04:29 PM
This Nashville show at the Mercy Lounge should have been packed since it's Carl's adulthood hometown. When I got there to get in line, I asked the security guy checking names and IDs how many tickets had been sold. He said something like 167 so far (this was a couple of hours before Doors). When we got in, the person scanning tickets had us pause inside the doorway while she switched over her computer from the other show happening on the floor below us in the Cannery Ballroom. As we waited, Carl's roadie and merchandise guy came down and gave her a little stack of VIP passes and explained who they were for. I'd say there were closer to 200 people there (Interweb posted standing room only capacity is 450), so it wasn't packed either but still very energetic and full of attentive fans and friends.

Any special guests show up and sit in?

Mr. White

Quote from: Murph on Oct 10, 2018, 08:58 AM
Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 09, 2018, 04:29 PM

Any special guests show up and sit in?

No. The only people who sat in with Carl and Steelism were a saxophone player and a trombone player. They played on about 60% to 75% of the songs that night.

Mr. White

Carl Broemel - Full Show (Audio Only) - Mercy Lounge - Nashville - 10/6/2018

I just finished uploading my audio files of this show to my MEGA account. I used a TASCAM DR-05 Audio Recorder to capture this full show. When I recorded it, I had the recorder set to capture audio as WAV files. I used Nero to separate each song from the original single track recording. This is the first time I've done this, and I'm glad I figured out how to do it!

Here's the link to be able to download it.

https://mega.nz/#F!QsYmxKRD!8yZ6wVV387jM0aHK1Qjtsg

jttouch2

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 10, 2018, 02:51 PM

I just finished uploading my audio files of this show to my MEGA account. I used a TASCAM DR-05 Audio Recorder to capture this full show. When I recorded it, I had the recorder set to capture audio as WAV files. I used Nero to separate each song from the original single track recording. This is the first time I've done this, and I'm glad I figured out how to do it!

Thank you Mr. White! Very nice to meet you at the show and to have all these videos/audio tapes that you recorded for us.

cort

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 10, 2018, 02:51 PM

oOo la la this show was awesome! thanks!  :shocked:

crooney

thank you, mr. white!!  very much appreciated.

Mr. White

Here's Carl's first live video from this show. They recorded the majority of the songs that night, so maybe there'll be a couple more coming. Steelism released 2 videos from their set earlier in the week. Also, it appears that Carl started a new YouTube Channel to release this video of "Rain Check". He must have started over because he posted all of his older videos just yesterday or the day before and this one earlier this afternoon.

Official Video of "Rain Check" from Carl's Mercy Lounge show in Nashville on Saturday, October 6, 2018.

Edit:
Carl posted this on his Instagram Page.
"excited to share the new music video for "rain check"!! i remember sitting there and pounding out this song. i just kind of had these two chords. for me it was getting out frustrations. like, we're having all these heavy conversations, i'm reading books and considering myself a pseudo-intellectual (at most) and sitting here and pondering ideas, but at the end of the day, sometimes it's just like, fuck it. fuck it, let's just go get drunk and hang out with our friends. just to let off steam, you know? with the ridiculousness of everything that's going on, sometimes you've just gotta let it rip... #wishedoutour starts up again on tuesday 10/23 @bootlegtheater in l.a., let's rip it up!!!! #linkinbio"

rkwedge

^ Awesome video. Thanks for posting Mr White  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

jttouch2

Damn, that sounds great. Wish we could get another nugs download of a full show!

APR

Quote from: jttouch2 on Oct 19, 2018, 04:27 PM
Damn, that sounds great. Wish we could get another nugs download of a full show!

Agreed.  The one from a few years ago from Nashville is amazing..... I listen to those versions of Carried Away and 4th of July quite often.

jttouch2

I commented on his instagram post requesting a post to nugs and he said "good idea, yep i have the whole show, will try to post it to nugs" WOOOHOOOOOOO

Mr. White

Quote from: jttouch2 on Oct 19, 2018, 05:38 PM
I commented on his instagram post requesting a post to nugs and he said "good idea, yep i have the whole show, will try to post it to nugs" WOOOHOOOOOOO

That's killer! I hope it happens.