Main Menu

NFL 2018

Started by Jackets N Pones, Aug 09, 2018, 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Gonna be a fun season! I am pumped Andrew Luck is back. Hoping he stays healthy. Lots of pre-season action tonightah!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

iLikeBeer

I know it's just pre-season but the Browns look like they may just win a game or two this season!  Haven't seen QB play like what we saw Thursday night from the Browns in a long time!  Njoku looks like he could be a matchup nightmare as well!

LBSUNFLWR

My team in Baltimore is off to a great start! Let's hope it continues and I hope to see Lamar get some action!!

ericm

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 12, 2018, 10:39 AM
My team in Baltimore is off to a great start! Let's hope it continues and I hope to see Lamar get some action!!

I'm glad you're  happy and excited for the season but I wouldn't put too much stock either way in any of these preseason games especially the first couple and last. Even if the Ravens lay an egg in the next game, I wouldn't get bummed about that either.

Sure you want your team looking good and winning is better than losing but with the current CBA and limited practice time, these games are really nothing more than glorified practices vs different laundry. 

Most teams don't game plan or scheme for these games. They really use them to get guys used to getting hit and tackling again, and to look at guys trying to make the team.

The most important thing is getting out of them injury free.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

iLikeBeer

Quote from: ericm on Aug 13, 2018, 04:37 PM
My team in Baltimore is off to a great start! Let’s hope it continues and I hope to see Lamar get some action!!

I'm glad you're  happy and excited for the season but I wouldn't put too much stock either way in any of these preseason games especially the first couple and last. Even if the Ravens lay an egg in the next game, I wouldn't get bummed about that either.

Sure you want your team looking good and winning is better than losing but with the current CBA and limited practice time, these games are really nothing more than glorified practices vs different laundry. 

Most teams don't game plan or scheme for these games. They really use them to get guys used to getting hit and tackling again, and to look at guys trying to make the team.

Trust me, I know all about the meaningless of preseason!  The Browns have won 6 straight pre season games including going undefeated last pre season!  Regular season they're 1-31 over the last two seasons...   :cry:

But something just feels different about the team this year.  They made what seem to be some good off season aquisitions and Baker Mayfield is just a winner and a competitor who thrives on proving people wrong when they tell him he can't do something.  My only concern is at Head Coach where I'm still trying to figure out what the Browns front office was thinking in bring back a coach who has gone 1-31 over the last two years?!?!  I'm expecting his leash to be very short especially with the addition of Todd Haley who could be promoted if they get off to a slow start again.

ericm

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Aug 15, 2018, 11:21 AM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 13, 2018, 04:37 PM

Trust me, I know all about the meaningless of preseason!  The Browns have won 6 straight pre season games including going undefeated last pre season!  Regular season they're 1-31 over the last two seasons...   :cry:

But something just feels different about the team this year.  They made what seem to be some good off season aquisitions and Baker Mayfield is just a winner and a competitor who thrives on proving people wrong when they tell him he can't do something.  My only concern is at Head Coach where I'm still trying to figure out what the Browns front office was thinking in bring back a coach who has gone 1-31 over the last two years?!?!  I'm expecting his leash to be very short especially with the addition of Todd Haley who could be promoted if they get off to a slow start again.

I think you have good reason to feel differently about your team this year.  There is definitely some talent on the team, and Mayfield impressed me. Not just with his feet but how he just seems comfortable, and has a great feel for the game. It doesn't seem too big or fast for him.

I also agree about your Head Coach. I think he knows he's on thin ice and to me it showed. They definitely had a different agenda than the Giants going into this game, and I think part of that is him coaching for his job. Another part could be putting on a show, i.e.,  the Hard Knocks effect. The better the show, the better it looks for Jackson IMO.

Here's hoping for you and all Browns fans your team has turned a corner and is on the rise.  A great fan base who has had more than their share of heart ache and BS thrown their way.

"Where's Jim going?"

LBSUNFLWR

I'm watching Hard Knocks with The Browns. I like it so far.

LBSUNFLWR

Also we have a lot of new Ravens fans in Louisville this year. Fun!

ericm

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 15, 2018, 12:59 PM
Also we have a lot of new Ravens fans in Louisville this year. Fun!

No doubt! 

Always cool to see a local college guy make it to the pros, and get to follow his career at the next level.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 15, 2018, 12:57 PM
I'm watching Hard Knocks with The Browns. I like it so far.

Love Hard Knocks!

Jackets N Pones

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 20, 2018, 06:34 PM
GO BROWNS
I've been busy but that was amazing!  Seeing the crowd spill out into the streets after that game, you would have thought they just won the Super Bowl!!!  Baker looks like the real deal too!!!

iLikeBeer

So, it's been 5 weeks and the Browns have already doubled their win total from last year!!!

And it's not much of a stretch to think that they could be 5-0.  I could do without the OT games though!!!  Three of their 5 games have gone to OT!  Although that they were flat out robbed in the Oakland game with overturning that 1st down!!!

LBSUNFLWR

More importantly I'm 5-0 in fantasy football thanks in large part to The Chiefs.

jttouch2

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Oct 10, 2018, 10:42 PM
More importantly I'm 5-0 in fantasy football thanks in large part to The Chiefs.
Lucky dog. I'm leading my league in total points by over 100 and am 3-2 thanks to unfortunate matchups  :angry:

LBSUNFLWR

Yeah I have Mahomes and Kelce. Plus I had first pick in draft and took Gurley.

And I have Tom Brady.

And Justin Tucker who is always good for a few points.

Jackets N Pones

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Nov 29, 2018, 04:21 PM
Luck for MVP

I think it's going to be tough to beat Brees if he keeps up what he's been doing.  Comeback POY for sure though.  Luck has been impressive!

Mayfield for Rookie of the Year!!!

Jackets N Pones

Luck for MVP 2019...

Come Closer

Baker had a decent season for a rookie QB, but Saquon has ROY wrapped up.