What is the story behind the cover of tennessee fires

Started by sadneyjr, Aug 21, 2018, 08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadneyjr

What is the story behind the cover of tennessee fire   :drum:

searchinbig

"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

dogwoody

There's a huge fireworks place outside of chattanooga near the Tennessee/Alabama border. There's a picture of jim and someone outside of it on the inside of the album. Not sure who the other person is though. They're standing in front of the fireworks place looking up at the huge neon sign that says TENNESSEE FIREWORKS but the "works" is left out of the picture. I don't really know the story behind it though.

dogwoody

Here's the picture. Looks like Jim on the left and no idea who's on the right. Anyone know?

jttouch2

Quote from: dogwoody on Aug 23, 2018, 09:04 PM
There's a huge fireworks place outside of chattanooga near the Tennessee/Alabama border. There's a picture of jim and someone outside of it on the inside of the album. Not sure who the other person is though. They're standing in front of the fireworks place looking up at the huge neon sign that says TENNESSEE FIREWORKS but the "works" is left out of the picture. I don't really know the story behind it though.

The place was demolished very recently-Tom posted on instagram about it. Thankfully I snagged a pic there in May before it went down.

CC

Quote from: dogwoody on Aug 23, 2018, 09:06 PM
Here's the picture. Looks like Jim on the left and no idea who's on the right. Anyone know?

this photo is actually from the At Dawn & Tennessee Fire Demos Package, taken in 2005 on the road to Bonnaroo. the one on the right is a photographer/journalist, don't remember his name.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

CountSA

I always just took the cover itself to be a blurry picture of a hotel pool.