Author Topic: One Of A Kind My Morning Jacket Demo Tape  (Read 859 times)

searchinbig

• got that old time feeling
  • ...You never gotta fight with me......
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Mmjcouple

Re: One Of A Kind My Morning Jacket Demo Tape
« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2018, 12:30 AM »
Do you recognize any of the songs? Living in the Rain, Last Night I Told a Stranger All About You, In My Water, Josiah, Planter, My Goodbyes, You Said It Tears Your Heart Out.

searchinbig

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2018, 06:47 AM »
Do you recognize any of the songs? Living in the Rain, Last Night I Told a Stranger All About You, In My Water, Josiah, Planter, My Goodbyes, You Said It Tears Your Heart Out.

No, just wishing it would see the light of day and we all could hear it.  :smiley:
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Mmjcouple

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Well if we get the chance it would be great. I tried putting them into google with no findings

Cameron

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2018, 11:27 AM »
if i had ever owned something like that i'd think it would be worth more to try to get it back to jim (if he'd want it) than the $193 he made on ebay.

johnnYYac

• got that old time feeling moderator
  • BERNIE 2016!
    • johnnYYac's Omnichord Ramblings
« Reply #5 on: Sep 09, 2018, 09:09 PM »
I was the opposing bidder, but spaced it in the last few hours and let it get away. The final price was just a few dollars above my max bid. Same thing happened with a Terminal 5 Z poster the following day. Unfortunate, but that's about $500+ dollars I still have...
Close enough!

Lonndown27

« Reply #6 on: Sep 13, 2018, 04:51 PM »
This is INSANE.   I've heard just about everything but this is from space
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015 + 12/29/2017 + 12/30/2017 +    12/31/2017

johnnYYac

• BERNIE 2016!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2018, 12:43 PM »
I understand an attempt was made to acquire the demos digitally from the seller before he shipped the tape to the buyer. I also heard that it was then discovered the tape is damaged and the sale was cancelled. It may be lost to history...
Close enough!

searchinbig

« Reply #8 on: Sep 14, 2018, 01:23 PM »
I understand an attempt was made to acquire the demos digitally from the seller before he shipped the tape to the buyer. I also heard that it was then discovered the tape is damaged and the sale was cancelled. It may be lost to history...

Hmmm. So John you are saying he must have recorded the cassette and still has the files??

Also, it is possible to repair cassette tapes, depending on how bad it really is. Most likely be splices here and there but what a treasure to hear some day.

I have fixed plenty in my day!!  :headphones:

johnnYYac

• BERNIE 2016!
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2018, 03:31 PM »

Hmmm. So John you are saying he must have recorded the cassette and still has the files??

Also, it is possible to repair cassette tapes, depending on how bad it really is. Most likely be splices here and there but what a treasure to hear some day.

I have fixed plenty in my day!!  :headphones:
I'm under the impression that the seller did NOT have a recording of the cassette and, when he attempted to, discovered the tape was damaged. Don't have details, just second-hand info. Seems to be a lost cause.
Close enough!

walterfredo

« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2018, 09:08 PM »
What a tease

Lonndown27

« Reply #11 on: Oct 01, 2018, 05:31 PM »
Jim probably has more tapes of original unheard unreleased music than every musician in the last 20 years. I guarantee you that is  a mountain we may never get to the top of
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015 + 12/29/2017 + 12/30/2017 +    12/31/2017