Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

MMJTX

Love Future Islands, great live show
Anytime

jttouch2

Quote from: MMJTX on Sep 12, 2018, 09:07 AM
Love Future Islands, great live show
I really did not enjoy the live show of theirs I saw actually, was a big fun but it felt like a completely different band live

Lucius

Big fan - caught them live at Brighton Dome after finding tickets they'd left in the gardens during the day. It was a really great show, long too. I think they played 25/26 songs. Brighton audiences can be frustratingly still and quiet but everyone was into it that night. The only question I left with was why does the lead singer do that weird screaming during most songs live? It doesn't fit their style and can't be good for his voice

Their song 'Doves' is an absolute beast live. Their song with Debbie Harry is also great.
it wouldn't be a party without you

jttouch2

Quote from: Lucius on Oct 06, 2018, 10:03 PM
Big fan - caught them live at Brighton Dome after finding tickets they'd left in the gardens during the day. It was a really great show, long too. I think they played 25/26 songs. Brighton audiences can be frustratingly still and quiet but everyone was into it that night. The only question I left with was why does the lead singer do that weird screaming during most songs live? It doesn't fit their style and can't be good for his voice

Their song 'Doves' is an absolute beast live. Their song with Debbie Harry is also great.
That weird screaming really turned me off from them. I really enjoyed their tunes and was looking forward to seeing them at Roo 17 and that just completely ruined the show for me. Their albums are still solid but can't go see them live.

Lucius

I wouldn't say it was enough to ruin the experience for me but I did think it was odd, I'm hoping to catch them live again at some point in the future!

This thread has rekindled my obsession with this particular gem, I'd absolutely love to catch this live with a horn section :cheesy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdVPxDmt2pA

Lucius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC_2tlsnpMw

New single! It's a grower! Definitely enjoying the beefier production. I enjoyed parts of their last album but it was tough to listen to start>finish as a lot of the songs sound very similar and tend to merge into one big blob of music. This song sounds like it has much more life/soul to it musically.

EDIT: still growing on me with every listen. Recommend a few spins to let it sink in. Didn't grab me until my third/fourth listen but she's got her claws in there now

Lucius

Really impressed with the new album, some very gorgeous slow jams and is a huge improvement over their last album. They took their time with this one and you can really tell! I currently have Born In A War, I Knew You, City's Face and Plastic Beach on heavy rotation!