The Future Is Voting Tour featuring Jim James

Started by parkervb, Sep 20, 2018, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-future-is-voting-tour-featuring-jim-james

Sun, Oct 07  ||  Emo's (Austin, Texas)

Tue, Oct 09  ||  Texas State University (San Marcos, Texas)

Wed, Oct 10  ||  University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)

Mon, Oct 15  ||  Georgia Theatre (Athens, Georgia)

Tue, Oct 16   ||  Simpson College (Indianola, Iowa)

Wed, Oct 17  ||  Canopy Club (Urbana, Illinois)
Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Very cool.  I thought this was going to be a full JJ solo band tour based on an earlier interview.  Hopefully that happens eventually.

I have a feeling Yac will road trip within his state. 

midwesterner

I will be at Emo's may try to make the San Marcos show but not sure how easy it will to be to get in. Plus that is ACL Fest week and I am basically seeing shows every night that week already.

johnnYYac

Quote from: APR on Sep 20, 2018, 01:59 PM
Very cool.  I thought this was going to be a full JJ solo band tour based on an earlier interview.  Hopefully that happens eventually.

I have a feeling Yac will road trip within his state. 
Quote from: parkervb on Sep 20, 2018, 09:15 AM
is Indianola near ya JY?

Indianola is about 2 hours away. Unfortunately, we're moving around that time (within Iowa City) and my mom is coming from NH to help out, so I won't be making this one. Don't think I didn't think about it...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Cameron

Quote from: midwesterner on Sep 20, 2018, 04:38 PM
I will be at Emo's may try to make the San Marcos show but not sure how easy it will to be to get in. Plus that is ACL Fest week and I am basically seeing shows every night that week already.

Same here. Gonna be a busy week for sure.

subinai

Just got Emo's tickets. Cheapest Jim James solo show I can remember.

Jackets N Pones

Possibly driving from Dallas. What time do you think he will go in at Emo's? I thought I read somewhere it is a late night show...
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

subinai

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Sep 21, 2018, 12:56 PM
Possibly driving from Dallas. What time do you think he will go in at Emo's? I thought I read somewhere it is a late night show...

doors at 8:30 and I read somewhere Benjamin Booker is opening?

Cameron

Nick is doing a DJ set and Sylvan Esso isn't done until 8:30 at ACL. I would guess Jim goes on around 11.

Lonndown27

this is very cool, hopefully we can get all these evil fucks out of washington in November just in time for an early Xmas present
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

millerjustin

I got tickets to Emo's in Austin - awesome way to top off ACL

I've been told that Emo's and maybe the last show of this tour that have public access to tickets - all of the others are limited to students I think?

(so, Yac technically isn't skipping JJ lol)
What's in here won't disappear

Stevie

I picked up tickets to the Milwaukee show without any issues but i'm wondering if the issue will be getting in without a student ID. 

I'm okay with it if they turn me away, he is coming back to the city in a month anyway. 

midwesterner

Last night was fun. Show started with Rainbow Power. Pretty similar to the version he played in Houston. Then mostly the new material. Only MMJ song was "I am Amazed". I love the way Jim is coming at politic of promoting a positive message of inclusion, love and respect. And not one of telling people who to vote for.

Cameron

Mr. White

Jim just posted this about 5 minutes ago on Instagram:

"removador - friends!! we've opened tomorrow's #thefutureisvoting tour stop in milwaukee to the public. click the link in the bio for a free ticket! if you're not in milwaukee watch the performance and conversation live on @youtube!"

Tickets Here - https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/3792747/the-future-is-voting-tour-milwaukee-helene-zelazo-center-helen-bader-concert-hall?utm_source=eMembers&utm_campaign=e9e64a49e0-Jim+James+Fans%3A+Jim+will+be+in+Milwaukee+tomo&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5fa39a250e-e9e64a49e0-49252961

Jim's YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzv3wrFXUjC-BcsXIfijDiQ
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Clarkwork

Anyone one need tickets to the Athens show?  I'm doing the sponsorship for the show and have extra.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Mr. White

UW-Milwaukee hosts HeadCount's "The Future is Voting Tour" featuring Jim James

"friends!! watch tonight's #thefutureisvoting performance live from milwaukee. check it!! @linquafranqa @fieldreport @HeadCountOrg @UWM" - Jim from Twitter 10/10/2018"

"The Future is Voting Tour" is part concert, part town hall meeting, during which My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James will perform a solo set alongside Field Report and other artists to be announced.

The meeting segment of the tour will include a nonpartisan forum where political candidates and their representatives will be invited to speak directly to students and take their toughest questions.

October 10, 2018
8 - 10 pm

University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Helene Zelazo Center for the Performing Arts

The tour is sponsored by HeadCount, a voter-engagement non-profit (501c3).

Mr. White

Jim's Set Only (37 mins.)

Jim
Full Set
The Future is Voting Tour
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Wednesday, October 10, 2018

MMJCOBRA

About what time is jim going on?  I'm considering a hellacious drive even with the shortened set.  Timing will be everything.

Thanks!