The Future Is Voting Tour featuring Jim James

Started by parkervb, Sep 20, 2018, 09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Does anybody know what kind of shoes he is wearing?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Lonndown27

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Oct 12, 2018, 10:09 PM

ahahahahah Jackets N Pones??? hahahha shoes??
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

walterfredo

Randomly, a friend of mine paparazzi'd jim at a museum in LA a couple of weeks ago. She just happened to see him there, and snapped a stealth photo to text me. In the pic he's wearing a total beater pair of white new balance sneakers, literally coming apart and the toe seem! I think that's what he's sporting in this video too.

MMJCOBRA

MMJCOBRA

Made it to Athens. Special night, Jim was very passionate throughout the evening.

Setlist
Rainbow power
I'm amazed
Changing world
Over and over
A new life
Rome
Same old lie
Love and Mercy
All in your head
Just a fool
Throwback
New world coming
State of the art
Here in spirit

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Oct 13, 2018, 04:34 PM

ahahahahah Jackets N Pones??? hahahha shoes??

Haha yeah "Mama always said you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes - where they're going, where they been..." - Forrest Gump

That's cool walterfredo - please post the picture! I am curious to see these up close

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: unravelled on Oct 16, 2018, 07:46 PM
Made it to Athens. Special night, Jim was very passionate throughout the evening.

Setlist
Rainbow power
I'm amazed
Changing world
Over and over
A new life
Rome
Same old lie
Love and Mercy
All in your head
Just a fool
Throwback
New world coming
State of the art
Here in spirit

Still waiting on the Highly Suspicious acoustic, would be so sweet!

cshum372

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Oct 17, 2018, 12:38 PM
Quote from: unravelled on Oct 16, 2018, 07:46 PM

Setlist
Rainbow power
I'm amazed
Changing world
Over and over
A new life
Rome
Same old lie
Love and Mercy
All in your head
Just a fool
Throwback
New world coming
State of the art
Here in spirit

Still waiting on the Highly Suspicious acoustic, would be so sweet!

I think this set list we have seen repeated over the course of the Future is Voting tour will make way for a more MMJ oriented setlist as the solo tour begins in November.. here's hoping anyways!

MMJCOBRA

Totally get the want for more MMJ focused material. I will say that the solo material is reeeeaaaally strong in an acoustic environment. Jim's voice was pitch perfect w tons of reverb (which I like).  I gotta say I wasnt sure if I was going to be dissappointed or not in the setlist. I saw him solo in Birmingham in 2006 and it was about the most jaw dropping concert experience I've ever witnessed.  I had a very similar emotional experience in Athens with the sound, energy and emotion Jim brought.  If the whole solo tour is similar to what I just experienced, I cant imagine a true fan feeling disappointment following the show.  Sometimes a concert doesnt have to live up to preconceived expectations, it can set new ones. 

APR

Quote from: unravelled on Oct 17, 2018, 05:19 PM
Totally get the want for more MMJ focused material. I will say that the solo material is reeeeaaaally strong in an acoustic environment. Jim's voice was pitch perfect w tons of reverb (which I like).  I gotta say I wasnt sure if I was going to be dissappointed or not in the setlist. I saw him solo in Birmingham in 2006 and it was about the most jaw dropping concert experience I've ever witnessed.  I had a very similar emotional experience in Athens with the sound, energy and emotion Jim brought.  If the whole solo tour is similar to what I just experienced, I cant imagine a true fan feeling disappointment following the show.  Sometimes a concert doesnt have to live up to preconceived expectations, it can set new ones. 

Well said!  I am excited to see Jim solo acoustic for my first time ever in November.  It's a rare treat, and I don't know if going to one show will be enough. 

When the Nov tour was announced, it did say "career spanning" so I'm predicting everyone in attendance will be happy.  If he plays for 90 minutes, there should be 20+ songs.

sillyboob

I'm definitely looking forward to my next three shows:

This Sunday - Willie's Outlaw tour
Willie Nelson, Phil Lesh, Sturgill Simpson, Margo Price, Lukas Nelson & POTR, Particle Kid

Next Tuesday - Carl in LA

Two weeks from tomorrow - Jim in LA
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Stevie

I've got a pretty good run coming up myself that just kind of came together..

This Friday, Pond is coming to play a small show in Milwaukee.
Saturday, suprising my lady with a Tuneyards show in Chicago which is one of her favorite bands.
Next Thursday, Jim in Milwaukee.
The weekend after we are heading out to Mexico City for Corona Capital Festival
Then a few short weeks later Thom Yorke comes to Milwaukee. 

sillyboob

That Corona Capital Festival looks great!  Hope it's a blast!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Stevie on Oct 24, 2018, 02:33 AM
I've got a pretty good run coming up myself that just kind of came together..

This Friday, Pond is coming to play a small show in Milwaukee.
Saturday, suprising my lady with a Tuneyards show in Chicago which is one of her favorite bands.
Next Thursday, Jim in Milwaukee.
The weekend after we are heading out to Mexico City for Corona Capital Festival
Then a few short weeks later Thom Yorke comes to Milwaukee. 

Great little run. Just peeped the Corona fest. Sunday looks great.  Hopefully it's easy to hop from stage to stage.

GO4IT

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 11, 2018, 07:33 PM
Jim's Set Only (37 mins.)

Jim
Full Set
The Future is Voting Tour
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Thanks for sharing Mr White!
And great to see Jim getting out there with his positive message to try and overcome the biased election process  where gerrymandering delivers a majority of the House to a minoriy of voters and a similar situation in the Senate and oh, by the way, to the current President.