Main Menu

Who's More Legit?

Started by sweatboard, Oct 15, 2018, 10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

This is the thread where we talk about who's more legit....

Aerosmith vs. Kings of Leon
There's Still Time.........

parkervb

Aerosmith for the following reasons:

Walk This Way
Sweet Emotions
Dream On

the most iconic KoL song is probably Sex on Fire and that can't hold a candle to Love in an Elevator. ;)
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

I'm with parkervb on this one, I'll add "Janies Got a Gun", "Angel", and "Living on the Edge" to the list. I like the matchup though.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

and to be clear, I like a good chunk of the KoL catalog...Aha Shake Heartbreak is a really fun record. When we first started dating my wife and I spent a good bit of time listening to Because of the Times, but after that...notsomuch.

Jbpats

They are both extremely overrated IMO.

Gun to my head though Aerosmith is more legit. Dream On is a good tune, although done to death, and their 90s album Get a Grip had some decent songs on it.

LBSUNFLWR

I'm with these guys, definitely Aerosmith more legit than  Kings Of Leon. Not much of a fan of either.

sweatboard

Caleb Followill would never end up being a judge on American Idol.....He might like to drink too much, but he would also never dress his mic stand in bandannas. 

sweatboard

Also....This is wanna the coolest things I've ever seen.....

parkervb

Elton John did call them assholes, so I think we can close the door on this one lol

Jackets N Pones

I love Aha Shake Heartbreak and Because of the Times.
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

sweatboard

Both bands have been accused of not writing their own songs.  As for Elton John, I think early Elton is some of the best music I own but he AND Aerosmith have both kinda sold out to a certain extent IMO.  Soundtracking Movies etc.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 16, 2018, 10:20 PM
Caleb Followill would never end up being a judge on American Idol.....He might like to drink too much, but he would also never dress his mic stand in bandannas. 

I'm with sb on this one.  KOL and more specifically Caleb Followill might be a bit of an ass hole, but if I had to choose between listening to a KOL record vs an Aerosmith record, I'll take KOL anytime...

parkervb

the question wasn't whose record would you want to listen to, it was who is more legit and no damn way will KoL ever be as legit as 

that's an ICONIC guitar riff and a video with bonafide pioneers of hip hop.

(tbh I just like taking the piss with Kings of Leon b/c they fell off as soon as they got popular and fell into lame rockstar cliches from which they haven't seem to have recovered)

APR

Jim's quote in Rolling Stone years ago was something along the lines of not wanting to get popular because of a song he wrote about his "sex parts being on fire." 

sweatboard

Elvis vs. Jack White 

parkervb

Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 23, 2018, 12:06 AM
Elvis vs. Jack White 

can't tell if serious or not lol

sweatboard

Quote from: parkervb on Oct 23, 2018, 08:30 AM
Quote from: sweatboard on Oct 23, 2018, 12:06 AM
Elvis vs. Jack White 

can't tell if serious or not lol

haha...you got the whole point....thread over!!!  :)

sweatboard

Graceland vs. Third Man???   :shocked:

sweatboard

What's Beneath The Waves....