Author Topic: The Waterfall Unreleased Tracks  (Read 938 times)

CountSA

• senior member sr.
The Waterfall Unreleased Tracks
« on: Aug 27, 2018, 10:23 PM »
Tucker Martine posted a list of notes/songs from the Waterfall sessions, I thought it was pretty cool to see the names of the unreleased songs.

I think ‘Wasted’ is Jim’s cover of the Brandi Carlile song.

johnnYYac

• got that old time feeling moderator
  • BERNIE 2016!
    • johnnYYac's Omnichord Ramblings
Re: The Waterfall Unreleased Tracks
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2018, 10:57 PM »
Nice find. So we know Wasted and Magic Bullet. That leaves three tracks here, plus they released I Can't Wait and Hillside Song on the deluxe CD and LP. Also, the image is missing Believe. All of which means nothing, but still a cool find!
Close enough!

dookie shoot bandit

• got that old time feeling
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2018, 12:50 AM »
Very cool find
The absence of Believe is a lil weird, unless one of those 3 tracks is that song and they changed it up

Lucius

« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Wasn't Believe a re-imagining of an old song they'd shelved or did I just dream this information?
Twitter - @MrsKray FB - Theboywhokeptfallingover Insta - lleewwiissnneewwttoonn

robb

« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Nice find. So we know Wasted and Magic Bullet. That leaves three tracks here, plus they released I Can't Wait and Hillside Song on the deluxe CD and LP. Also, the image is missing Believe. All of which means nothing, but still a cool find!

what's wasted? i must be forgetting something.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

jttouch2

« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2018, 08:47 AM »
Wasn't Believe a re-imagining of an old song they'd shelved or did I just dream this information?

I remember an interview saying Believe was the last one they tracked, so it might just have not been done/listed at the time.

CountSA

• senior member sr.
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2018, 10:51 AM »

what's wasted? i must be forgetting something.

It was a Jim song on the Brandi Carlile cover album:

Jackets N Pones

• Jim...James...Jimothy
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2018, 11:30 AM »

I remember an interview saying Believe was the last one they tracked, so it might just have not been done/listed at the time.

This one also samples the amazing Tanzmusik by Kraftwerk which I'm still trying to figure out how to set up as my ringtone...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg7hPeUdvE

cshum372

• Heaving the boulder,just trying to move it an inch
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2018, 01:22 PM »

I remember reading that Believe was the last song recorded for Waterfall- and was written as a response to the album not having a lot of " energetic singles" I'm pretty sure I read that in an interview with Jim from 2015.

Brother Beck

« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2018, 04:32 PM »
I am still patiently waiting with bated breath for these unreleased Waterfall tracks..... 

Nikkogino

« Reply #10 on: Nov 03, 2018, 10:29 PM »
I am still patiently waiting with bated breath for these unreleased Waterfall tracks..... 
or anything MMJ related, including another live album.  But I hear we are getting Uniform Muddiness which are the demos from UD.  Then Uniform Remixiness then Uniform Sexiness. 

MMJTX

« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2018, 09:23 AM »
or anything MMJ related, including another live album.  But I hear we are getting Uniform Muddiness which are the demos from UD.  Then Uniform Remixiness then Uniform Sexiness.

i lol'd at this
Anytime

Lonndown27

« Reply #12 on: Nov 16, 2018, 07:33 PM »

AHAHHAHHAAHHA YESSS!!!! This is gold!
8/2/2012 + 10/07/2015 + 12/29/2017 + 12/30/2017 +    12/31/2017