11/07- Denver Setlist

Started by cshum372, Nov 07, 2018, 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cshum372

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jim-james/2016/paramount-theatre-denver-co-3fb89c7.html

Clearly a political statement- very cool- NO songs played from the new records.  I always equated Eternally Even to the times, in fact it was instrumental in me processing the election of Trump...  :embarrassed:

Neat to see that we still don't know what to expect on this tour!

Jbpats

Confused since this is a setlist from December 3rd last year.

jttouch2

rkwedge

Yes that's 2016 setlist, Last Night:

I'm Amazed
Changing World
Day is Coming
Rome
Just A Fool
New World
I Will Be There
All in Your Head
No Use Waiting
Rainbow Power
Same Old Lie
Dondante
Big Decissions
Bermuda Highway
Throwback
Look At You  (Nice)
Over and Over
World is Smiling
No Secrets
A New Life

Golden
Wonderful
State of the Art
Here in Spirit
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Jbpats

Quote from: rkwedge on Nov 07, 2018, 10:35 AM
Yes that's 2016 setlist, Last Night:

I'm Amazed
Changing World
Day is Coming
Rome
Just A Fool
New World
I Will Be There
All in Your Head
No Use Waiting
Rainbow Power
Same Old Lie
Dondante
Big Decissions
Bermuda Highway
Throwback
Look At You  (Nice)
Over and Over
World is Smiling
No Secrets
A New Life

Golden
Wonderful
State of the Art
Here in Spirit

Ugh Look at you would have been incredible to hear. I love that tune.

rkwedge

Yes, Look At You at OBH4 was great. Jim said he wrote that about Obama winning so very appropriate to play last night.

Lonndown27

damn Denver got a better setlist than SLC! it IS Denver though...
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

cshum372

Quote from: Jbpats on Nov 07, 2018, 10:28 AM
Confused since this is a setlist from December 3rd last year.

I'm an idiot- thought it was very bizarre  :grin:

klegel

Wonder if Jim will feature other songs from Timmy Thomas on the tour considering Why Can't We Live Together and Uniform Clarity are both very stripped-down albums. The world needs more drum machine.

getinthevan

Quote from: rkwedge on Nov 07, 2018, 10:43 AM
Yes, Look At You at OBH4 was great. Jim said he wrote that about Obama winning so very appropriate to play last night.
As far as I know, Look At You was first played at a Jim solo show in June of 2007, Evil Urges was released in June of 2008.  Obama wasn't elected until November of 2008... 

I'm pretty sure that at the time, he said it was about someone in his family.  Either his aunt or grandmother, I think.
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

rkwedge

Quote from: getinthevan on Nov 09, 2018, 09:19 AM
As far as I know, Look At You was first played at a Jim solo show in June of 2007, Evil Urges was released in June of 2008.  Obama wasn't elected until November of 2008... 

I'm pretty sure that at the time, he said it was about someone in his family.  Either his aunt or grandmother, I think.
Man you are right about that, I never really did the math. I was just remembering what he said at OBH4 and I relistened to it, he does mention his family too.
47:20 mark of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGluEuKNns&t=2375s

cshum372

Quote from: getinthevan on Nov 09, 2018, 09:19 AM

Obama announced his candidacy for president in Feb 2007- So he clearly could have been in mind when the song was written. I know many of us progressives were quite smitten by him from the get go! Lyrically it's an absolute match- combined with comments from Jim himself.. not to say there couldn't have been another inspiration as well.

tsk1122

What time did he hit the stage? And play until?
Thanks!