Jim at the Cap - free webcast 11/14

Started by parkervb, Nov 13, 2018, 12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

On Wednesday, Nov. 14, The Capitol Theatre will provide a free webcast of Jim James' solo tour, live from Port Chester, NY.

The show will kick off a little after 9 p.m. EDT, and fans should expect to hear a mix of material from James' career with My Morning Jacket as well as his two recent solo LPs, Uniform Clarity and Uniform Distortion.

Stream the show below on Nov. 14 at 9:05 p.m.

Read more: https://jambands.com/news/2018/11/13/the-capitol-theatre-announces-free-jim-james-webcast/#ixzz5Wl49lx6a
Don't you ever turn it off

klegel

curious to see if Jim is barefoot. anyone know if he has he done that all tour?

RobRoy286

Maybe a dumb question but will this go through YouTube? I don't have a laptop and I'd love to watch it on my Xbox/TV.

Mr. White

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 14, 2018, 09:14 AM
Maybe a dumb question but will this go through YouTube? I don’t have a laptop and I’d love to watch it on my Xbox/TV.

It will be on YouTube. Jim shared this link. Hopefully, it will be the right one when the show starts.

https://youtu.be/aH__WUqkvJE
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

sillyboob

My many thanks in advance to those kind souls who record this and make this available to download.  Your effort is much appreciated!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Murph

Quote from: klegel on Nov 14, 2018, 08:17 AM
curious to see if Jim is barefoot. anyone know if he has he done that all tour?

He was indeed barefoot last night.  Tremendous show!

Cameron

Quote from: sillyboob on Nov 14, 2018, 10:36 AM
My many thanks in advance to those kind souls who record this and make this available to download.  Your effort is much appreciated!

Yes!

mdgsolo

Yes!  Please tell me one of you techy motherfuckers is ripping this beautiful moment in time!

crooney

oh i hope someone is taping this.  my first taste of this tour and it is killer.  thanks to any tapers!

APR

Quote from: crooney on Nov 14, 2018, 09:38 PM
oh i hope someone is taping this.  my first taste of this tour and it is killer.  thanks to any tapers!

Wait, am I reading this correctly?  You're not there?!!?  I hope you are! 

mdgsolo

Well, that was fantastic.  I think I still liked Oakland a tiny bit more, but I haven't been to every one and that was just incredible!

dookie shoot bandit

Absolutely fantastic!
I was glad I was able to go last night and catch at least 1 show this tour, but the setlist tonight was superb!
Extremely appreciative that it was able to be streamed and watched by all

tsk1122

rkwedge

How awesome was that? Jim is sounding so good on this tour.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Stevie

the whole thing is now on youtube via the link above!  awesome stuff.  don't have any idea what the setlist was because i'm just now going to watch it but I would be shocked (and very happy) if it beat Milwaukee's setlist.  If All Else Fails, If it Smashes Down, and I needed it Most all in the same set?  Unbeatable.. i think. 

parkervb

The World's Smiling Now (with Dave Givan)
All in Your Head (with Dave Givan)
Changing World (New Multitudes cover)
You Get to Rome
Wonderful (The Way I Feel) (My Morning Jacket song)
Just a Fool
I Needed It Most (My Morning Jacket song)
Golden (My Morning Jacket song)
Same Old Lie
Dondante (My Morning Jacket song)
Of the Mother Again (with Dave Givan)
Out of Time (with Dave Givan)
No Secrets (with Dave Givan)
The Day Is Coming (My Morning Jacket song)
Bermuda Highway(My Morning Jacket song)
Over and Over (with Alynda Lee Segarra)
Knot Comes Loose (My Morning Jacket song) (with Dave Givan)
Here in Spirit (with Dave Givan)
State of the Art (A.E.I.O.U.) (with Dave Givan)

Encore:
I'm Amazed (My Morning Jacket song)
Hopefully (My Morning Jacket song)
No Use Waiting (with Dave Givan)
Rainbow Power (Timmy Thomas cover) (with Dave Givan)
A New Life (with Dave Givan)

parkervb

to be honest, I was not terribly thrilled with the format for this tour when I first heard about it but I was completely off base. I was thinking it was going to be more of his acoustic Lockn set which I thought was missing something (for my tastes). But adding Givan, mixing in some electric guitar and how great he sounds...it was really great.

Highlights for me: I Needed It Most (duh!), Knot Comes Loose, Here in Spirit, No Secrets and Of The Mother Again (I forgot how much I liked that song!)

APR

Quote from: Stevie on Nov 15, 2018, 01:58 AM
the whole thing is now on youtube via the link above!  awesome stuff.  don't have any idea what the setlist was because i'm just now going to watch it but I would be shocked (and very happy) if it beat Milwaukee's setlist.  If All Else Fails, If it Smashes Down, and I needed it Most all in the same set?  Unbeatable.. i think. 

True it will be hard to beat that trifecta in Milwaukee. That is a top notch set list.  I'm hoping DC comes close though.  I didn't watch too much as I wanted to hear the reworked EE and Regions stuff for the first time Saturday night in DC.  I've been watching the setlists, but I wanted some element of surprise since I heard he changes up some solo songs a bit. 

Stevie

Quote from: APR on Nov 15, 2018, 09:34 PM

True it will be hard to beat that trifecta in Milwaukee. That is a top notch set list.  I'm hoping DC comes close though.  I didn't watch too much as I wanted to hear the reworked EE and Regions stuff for the first time Saturday night in DC.  I've been watching the setlists, but I wanted some element of surprise since I heard he changes up some solo songs a bit. 
Quote from: APR on Nov 15, 2018, 09:34 PM

Keep fighting the good fight!  Don't watch any clips!

Mbayzer

Quote from: mdgsolo on Nov 14, 2018, 09:31 PM
Yes!  Please tell me one of you techy motherfuckers is ripping this beautiful moment in time!

check the facebook fan page