2019 Jim solo shows

Started by walterfredo, Nov 19, 2018, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APR

Quote from: pjfan04101 on Jan 30, 2019, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I could see a Wonderful, Bermuda Highway, Golden, ect possibly after the encore. I bet he'll limit it mostly to that. 

The email said, "songs from Uniform Distortion and my entire solo catalogue."

PJAMVedder beat me to the code posting.  I hope everyone got tickets easily.

midwesterner

Quote from: Cameron on Jan 30, 2019, 12:16 PM
Bought Houston and Austin. Pumped.

I am doing Dallas and Austin

Lucius

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtPJGlnAsnt/

From London the other night. It was a shame Jim had his back to me all night but I still felt the magic! and I would have still preferred a full band setup but getting to hear Bermuda Highway amongst others was pretty special! 
it wouldn't be a party without you

MOWJO8185

My biggest question is what tapers are going to shows? Need to make sure I get a solid recording of at least one of these Uniform Distortion shows.

cshum372

Woohoo!! I'm be at the Philly Show!

The way this was labeled, as  " presents Uniform Distortion" it makes me think that this will align with the setlist format of both of his other solo tours for past records.

For both Regions of Light.. and Eternally Even the setlists were: Set 1- the entire new album- set 2 a mix of other solo and MMJ greatest hits.

I am actually excited about that format for Uniform Distortion and just hope that now that he has 3 records that the 2nd set will expand a little bit.

** Please drop the new version of a New Life that was played at X-Mas jam- please and thanks!**

MMJTX

Houston just got a SECOND show added! May 7th lucky dogssssss
Anytime

midwesterner

Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 04, 2019, 04:45 PM

Damn there goes my hope of a ACL taping.

Cameron

Quote from: midwesterner on Feb 04, 2019, 05:01 PM

Yep. I would have rather driven down for the first show but oh well. Good job Houston for showing up.

midwesterner

Quote from: Cameron on Feb 04, 2019, 05:31 PM
Quote from: midwesterner on Feb 04, 2019, 05:01 PM

Yep. I would have rather driven down for the first show but oh well. Good job Houston for showing up.

Just realized there will still be a day between Houston and Dallas so a ACL taping is still possible.

MMJTX

I wish these shows were over the weekend cause i would definitely drive down to see Jim at the Heights Theater, great little intimate venue. Smart move for Jim to move it there, last time he came through solo and did House of Blues it was pretty empty.
Anytime

PJAMVedder

Houston concert crowds have the worst taste in music, I know because I live here

Derek713

Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 05, 2019, 08:54 AM
I wish these shows were over the weekend cause i would definitely drive down to see Jim at the Heights Theater, great little intimate venue. Smart move for Jim to move it there, last time he came through solo and did House of Blues it was pretty empty.

Would you drive down for a 2 night run? Looks like they added a Tuesday 5/7 show!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek713

I am surprised that they are adding a second night. The first show they announced isn't sold out yet.

PJAMVedder

Except for Derek713, he's obviously got great taste

Derek713

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Feb 05, 2019, 01:54 PM

Wish I had the money to match my taste....I would be doing Red Rocks this year if so. I had to choose Red Rocks or roll the dice and hope for another OBH in 2020.

PJAMVedder

Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 05, 2019, 02:14 PM

Wish I had the money to match my taste....I would be doing Red Rocks this year if so. I had to choose Red Rocks or roll the dice and hope for another OBH in 2020.

Definitely not as easy to get up there as it was in 2012 to see them. But, we are going. Will be the first time I've ever bought tickets on SH for the Jacket.

parkervb

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Feb 05, 2019, 02:24 PM

Definitely not as easy to get up there as it was in 2012 to see them. But, we are going. Will be the first time I've ever bought tickets on SH for the Jacket.

give CashOrTrade a shot. I think these RR tickets will be tough but I've had success for Phish and Jacket on CoT.
Don't you ever turn it off

MMJTX

Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 05, 2019, 01:33 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Feb 05, 2019, 08:54 AM

Would you drive down for a 2 night run? Looks like they added a Tuesday 5/7 show!!!!!!!!!!!

haha oh im definitely thinking about it Derek, maybe schedule some work meetings that week in H-Town. ya i'm still shocked Houston of all cities got 2 nights! Wish you could make it to RR!
Anytime

Stevie

Yes, but.. for the price of a OBH, you could have done all 3 Jacket shows and a Jim show.

You still can ;)

Derek713

Quote from: Stevie on Feb 06, 2019, 11:29 PM
Quote from: PJAMVedder on Feb 05, 2019, 01:54 PMExcept for Derek713, he's obviously got great taste

Yes, but.. for the price of a OBH, you could have done all 3 Jacket shows and a Jim show.

You still can ;)
Quote from: Stevie on Feb 06, 2019, 11:29 PM
Quote from: PJAMVedder on Feb 05, 2019, 01:54 PMExcept for Derek713, he's obviously got great taste

You still can ;)

My wife puts up with my MMJ habit. We did the last RR run, so it will be much easier to sell her on the idea of another beach vacation. The beach is the only reason she agreed to go to OBH 1-4.