2019 Jim solo shows

Started by walterfredo, Nov 19, 2018, 07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackets N Pones

Ok came here to make sure the 2 Houston shows were not a typo! Amazing!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

GO4IT

So the 9:30 Club in DC just added a second show - May 18 on - on top of the May 17 show.  They are also now offering a 2-night ticket.  Does anyone know (or is anyone willing to speculate) on whether or not these 2 nights will be no repeats?  Past MMJ performances, the fact that the first night is not yet sold out and they are offering a 2-night pass suggests to me that he will not repeat much, if anything.
What say ye?

jttouch2

Quote from: GO4IT on Mar 13, 2019, 08:42 PMSo the 9:30 Club in DC just added a second show - May 18 on - on top of the May 17 show.  They are also now offering a 2-night ticket.  Does anyone know (or is anyone willing to speculate) on whether or not these 2 nights will be no repeats?  Past MMJ performances, the fact that the first night is not yet sold out and they are offering a 2-night pass suggests to me that he will not repeat much, if anything.
What say ye?
I don't think Jim has a deep enough solo catalog to go no repeats, he'll probably mix it up a bit but not a ton.

GO4IT

Well if Jim draws from his solo albums, MMJ, several supergroups he's been in, and covers, he could play for many days without repeats.  I guess it will depend upon how many tunes this lineup has practiced.

And the 9:30 Club did the right thing and offered an upgrade to a 2-night ticket to anyone who previously bought the originally scheduled single night.  Nice.

APR

Did anyone else check out JJ's set from SC last night?  I won't post it so as not to provide spoilers for people that want to be surprised.  I'd just like to say that the set looks great with a lot of songs played! 

evilurges86

I'm very excited to see my guy play tonight at the orange peel in my town. It's going to be a beautiful night :)
"Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness"

Cameron

Saw a pic of the poster on instagram. Very sweet. Any other merch?

RobRoy286

Quote from: APR on May 02, 2019, 03:45 PMDid anyone else check out JJ's set from SC last night?  I won't post it so as not to provide spoilers for people that want to be surprised.  I'd just like to say that the set looks great with a lot of songs played! 
Assuming he did a little acoustic segment in the middle?

MMJCOBRA

Going to shaky knees tomorrow!!!  Mainly for Jim but also looking forward to Interpol and Gary Clark.

Will also check out Cage which will be weird cause the last time I saw him it was in support of his 1st album. Only 150 people there.

Anyone else I should check out?  Anyone here going?

Also got deerhunter on the agenda late night.

APR

evilurges86 and unravelled..... any thoughts on the solo shows?  Less than two weeks until DC!

MMJTX

interested to see how the two night houston run set list shakes out, i assume it will be mostly repeats but maybe he'll surprise us
Anytime

Jackets N Pones

Where are set lists being posted? Thanks
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Derek713

Houston - Heights Theater 5/7/19

Over and Over
You Get To Rome
A New Life
Just A Fool
Throwback
No Secrets
Yes To Everything
No Use Waiting
All In Your Head
True Nature
Here In Spirit
Hide In Plain Sight
Same Old Lie
Younger

Of The Mother Again
State Of The Art

Cameron

what time was he on/off?  driving down from austin this afternoon.  pretty pumped.

Derek713

Quote from: Cameron on May 08, 2019, 11:27 AMwhat time was he on/off?  driving down from austin this afternoon.  pretty pumped.

Doors at 7:00
Amo Amo 8:00-8:40
Jim 9:00-10:30

sillyboob

Quote from: Derek713 on May 08, 2019, 10:03 AMHouston - Heights Theater 5/7/19

Over and Over
You Get To Rome
A New Life
Just A Fool
Throwback
No Secrets
Yes To Everything
No Use Waiting
All In Your Head
True Nature
Here In Spirit
Hide In Plain Sight
Same Old Lie
Younger

Of The Mother Again
State Of The Art

Not a single Jacket song...
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

MMJTX

Derek,
Did he not play a Jacket song during his acoustic part? Might be crazy but I could've sworn I heard one in a snapchat a friend sent me, not sure which one now that im trying to think back
Anytime

Derek713

Quote from: MMJTX on May 08, 2019, 05:19 PMDerek,
Did he not play a Jacket song during his acoustic part? Might be crazy but I could've sworn I heard one in a snapchat a friend sent me, not sure which one now that im trying to think back
[/quote
Oh shit.....actually I think he played I'm Amazed solo acoustic before Of The Mother.

Derek713

Quote from: Derek713 on May 08, 2019, 07:59 PM
[/quote
Oh shit.....actually I think he played I'm Amazed solo acoustic before Of The Mother.
[/quote
Quote from: Derek713 on May 08, 2019, 07:59 PM
[/quote
I was going by a printed setlist on stage and not memory.

pjfan04101

He's playing the same set every night for the most part.  He did play Bermuda Highway and Wonderful opening night, but only I'm Amazed the past couple shows.