2019 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Nov 24, 2018, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CopperTom

Any rumors floating out there for a MMJ 2019 Tour?  Any holds?  Anything?

bobmono

i heard Red Rocks two nights first weekend of August, but that is just a rumor and is not confirmed

parkervb

some rumors on here regarding summer festies ('Roo, Lockn) and some multi-night stands at places like Red Rocks but nothing close to holds or things like that. Those rumors line up with comments from Carl regarding getting back together in the summer (something along those lines). Festivals ramp up announcements in January so fingers crossed we see them on some lists b/c I doubt they one-off some big festies without some warm up dates.
Don't you ever turn it off

jttouch2

Would the theoretical 2019 tour be a "20th anniversary of TF" tour or a "Waterfall Pt. 2 release" tour?

walterfredo

...or just a tour? They don't need to label a tour or have a new album to tour. They can simply book shows and rawk the f#ck out! And I certainly hope they do!

getinthevan

Let's not forget that in 2012 they toured without an album and it was one of the best runs they've had. 
The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

jttouch2

I agree that they can tour without an album whenever they want as they have done in 2016/17, but we'll be 4 years deep into the Waterfall cycle, which is pretty long to be touring/booking shows with no new music, especially when it's been said so often that new things are on the way. Obviously I'd still show up as much as possible and have a dang great time but it doesn't make sense to me for them to return from hiatus without something special to tour on.

RobRoy286

Give me another 2012 please.

parkervb

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 26, 2018, 07:21 PM
...or just a tour? They don't need to label a tour or have a new album to tour. They can simply book shows and rawk the f#ck out! And I certainly hope they do!

I would love multi night runs with one night being this and the other night playing TF plus the Waterfall part 2 or whatever else they wanted in addition.  Pinback did that a few years ago when they played back to back nights in the same city (one night was for the 10th anniversary of one of their albums that they played in its entirety and the other night was a regular type set).

Come Closer

I got the impression Waterfall Pt 2 was more or less scrapped? Do we think at this point a new LP would still be leftovers from those sessions?

Stevie

It would be nice to see them do a small tour and really change up their setlist formula.  If im getting a little tired of it, they have to be too at this point.  Granted, they do play a pretty big varoety of songs compared to most bands, but there is a lot of meat left on the discographical bone to pick at.  The Tennessee Fire anniversary makes this even more attractive an idea.

Red Ricks would be great.  Im all in for that. 

CopperTom

Quote from: getinthevan on Nov 26, 2018, 08:26 PM
Let's not forget that in 2012 they toured without an album and it was one of the best runs they've had.
Tours without an album are often the best.  Anything goes! 

parkervb

Quote from: Stevie on Nov 27, 2018, 07:50 PM
It would be nice to see them do a small tour and really change up their setlist formula.  If im getting a little tired of it, they have to be too at this point.  Granted, they do play a pretty big varoety of songs compared to most bands, but there is a lot of meat left on the discographical bone to pick at.  The Tennessee Fire anniversary makes this even more attractive an idea.

Red Ricks would be great.  Im all in for that. 

i think it would actually be a bit disappointing if they come back and don't mix it up in some significant way.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Osistheones on Nov 27, 2018, 03:43 PM
I got the impression Waterfall Pt 2 was more or less scrapped? Do we think at this point a new LP would still be leftovers from those sessions?
Ive assumed it was scrapped since it's been talked about since even before the Waterfall came out. But in the most recent interviews, Jim has continued to bring it up even without being specifically asked. Who knows how it'll be done, but I think it'll happen eventually.

parkervb

Jim probably brought up Waterfall 2 preemptively since he couldn't do an interview without being asked, lol

midwesterner

I really wish we would get some indication of a tour for 2019. Starting to want to make some plans but waiting to see what MMJ does.