Rolling Stones 2019 No Filter Tour

Started by walterfredo, Dec 02, 2018, 02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Anyone going to any shows? Scored the "Lucky Dip" $29 tix for the Rose Bowl and Levi's Stadium. They're old AF but they do not disappoint!

Shug

We saw the tour a few years back with Bobby Keys and Mick Taylor's guest slot.  We also did the cheap nosebleeds with a "random" upgrade drawing, hoping for an upgrade once at the venue, which did not happen for us, so it was literally the last row of the arena almost behind the stage (we did get a wave from Mick right before they took the stage).

After seeing the Stones quite a few times over the years starting with Voodoo Lounge tour, I think its reaching the point of diminishing returns for me.  No plans to go this tour.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

walterfredo

Quote from: Shug on Dec 03, 2018, 12:46 PM
We saw the tour a few years back with Bobby Keys and Mick Taylor's guest slot.  We also did the cheap nosebleeds with a "random" upgrade drawing, hoping for an upgrade once at the venue, which did not happen for us, so it was literally the last row of the arena almost behind the stage (we did get a wave from Mick right before they took the stage).

we saw the same tour in San Jose and did the Lucky Dip tickets for that show too. For that tour they were $85. This tour only $29, which seems totally crazy to see the rolling stones for $29. We went with friends to the San Jose show that also did the Lucky Dip tix, which for those who don't know what those are, the stones allot a certain number of tix to each show (last US tour it was 1K per show) that they sell for cheap to allow fans access that dont' want to spend $8million on tickets. They are all will call only, non-transferable and you don't know where your seats are until they hand you your tickets and you walk in, tickets are dispersed throughout the venue and are typically the cheap seats. For the San jose show our friends ended up second to last row. My wife and I were handed Pit tickets!