Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

I have no doubts there are hundreds, if not thousands, of tickets being held back. Only question is when they'll drop. Be diligent folks!

Mr. White

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 07, 2018, 12:58 PM
Quote from: e-stone on Dec 07, 2018, 12:54 PM
i don't think MMJ has ever sold out any of their previous RR shows. 

pretty sure they did in 2016 but it took a while. I could be wrong. It was definitely packed and I thought it was sold out.

My wife and I made it out to those 2016 shows, only time at Red Rocks, and I think it was sold out by the time the shows actually happened. Can't remember when they sold out though.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

DayDrinkin

The Saturday show sold out fairly early but the Sunday show was not sold out until a week or two before the date.

oistheone

Speak of the devil, they just dropped a tonne, for Friday anyway.

Lonndown27

Fuck!!!! This is scary ! I'm soooo hoping tickets are available after these sales. Very happy for a lot of you, really really wanting to join you all. Crossed NYE Jacket 3 hour show odd of of my bucket list, a three night stand And now Red Rocks must be crossed off. I feel like we should all camp together one night or something have some sort of stoned get together where we share war stories and I'll bring some good food and we can celebrate existence under the stars
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

parkervb

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 07, 2018, 01:55 PM
Fuck!!!! This is scary ! I'm soooo hoping tickets are available after these sales. Very happy for a lot of you, really really wanting to join you all. Crossed NYE Jacket 3 hour show odd of of my bucket list, a three night stand And now Red Rocks must be crossed off. I feel like we should all camp together one night or something have some sort of stoned get together where we share war stories and I'll bring some good food and we can celebrate existence under the stars

you'll get your ticket, it's 8 months away and lots will change for people who have tickets now.
Don't you ever turn it off

logan5ive

Might they add another RR show(s)?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

cowhitey

No worries on tickets guys and gals.  You may just have to spend an extra $20 or so for them if that.  Axs did what Axs does.  They only make a small percentage of the tickets available on the on sale dates and a large percentage of the tickets go to the secondary market.  Just look at how many tickets were on stub hub before the onsite date and then minutes after the on sale time.  The market will not bear the inflated stub hub prices and prices will come down a lot.  Live in Denver, seen it happen numerous times.  Axs is the worst.  You get placed in the waiting room while scalping agencies are pulling all the tickets in the first 2-3 minutes with their bots all known by Axs.

SplatSplatSplat

The ticket situation sucks, for sure. 

So, in my depression I was wallowing on Youtube and decided to watch this clip to pick up my spirits.  Then I came to a moment of clarity and thought:  man, if the Jacket hit the lights before taking the stage on night 2 and let us sit in darkness for a second, blasted this thing on the screens and then immediately launching into One Big Holiday...Red Rocks would erupt into madness.

There would be riots.  The good kind.
You need it.  That's for sure.

ditty

Apparently, I have tried to purchase tickets so many times that every few times I go to the axis.com site now I receive a pop up that says "Pardon Our Interruption As you were browsing, something about your browser made us think you were a bot.  There are a few reasons this may happen" blah blah blah... to enter, I had to click and then a slide bar pops up that I had to match a piece of puzzle up with.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

jttouch2

https://twitter.com/mymorningjacket/status/1071173943535517697

"We'll be doing scalper sweeps and re-releasing any tickets we can in the near future"

nlarsen777

What does that mean for suckers like me who already overpaid on Stubhub?

thefudgefactory

Quote from: nlarsen777 on Dec 07, 2018, 06:09 PM

That's what I'm worried about, went ahead and pulled the trigger on Saturday tickets on Stubhub so I wouldn't have to worry about it.  Really hope nothing happens with the tickets I bought.

oistheone

Quote from: thefudgefactory on Dec 07, 2018, 06:23 PM

That's what I'm worried about, went ahead and pulled the trigger on Saturday tickets on Stubhub so I wouldn't have to worry about it.  Really hope nothing happens with the tickets I bought.

You'll be fine.

These "scalper sweeps" will just be the usual blocks of tickets released in the months and weeks leading up to the show. Good PR move though!

talltyson

Quote from: oistheone on Dec 07, 2018, 06:35 PM

You'll be fine.

These "scalper sweeps" will just be the usual blocks of tickets released in the months and weeks leading up to the show. Good PR move though!
I was wondering how almost every show i follow, has extra tickets a week before, sometimes the night before!!!  "good seats just released" you do this with AXS and you see those $350 tickets!  But with another broker i did see list price for Thom Yorke....  The accounting department just found them???

Anyone else like to chime in on this deep scan?  I mean, there are already parameters set up, thats how some were scoring after the fact today.  And my next question, with this deep scan, I've seen hundred of events sell out like this, they didn't do a deep scan???  But what if MMJ could put some pressure on AXS for all the fuck ups this week?  And so many acts of shadiness?  WE will see.  This next release will probably be a 2 limit.

And someone ask, but Red Rocks is probably booked Sunday, even though its not on calendar.  They book a year out. and May-September there is very rarely an night empty.  Weird Al is playing Thursday night.

e-stone

Quote from: talltyson on Dec 07, 2018, 08:18 PM
But with another broker i did see list price for Thom Yorke
oh would you mind sharing where you saw this?  hoping for a miracle for this show!

Shug

Quote from: oistheone on Dec 07, 2018, 06:35 PM

You'll be fine.

yeah and all these people on twitter praising the band for this vague "action" that hasn't happened yet and won't really help that much anyways because they don't say when and with what notification more tix will be released and how they will do things different to get these tix to fans and not to scalpers and the official resale market that AXS, through their own AXS Premium and the business relationship they and StubHub have officially set up together.

I'll praise the band for their actions if they do something meaningful to avoid this issue in the future like the things Pearl Jam and Springsteen have done to try harder to get tix to actual fans.  I'm afraid there is very little they can do for these Red Rocks shows at this point unless they round up a bunch of good tix and sell them mail order only to people they can verify are true fans or something like that.  That would take a ton of money and effort on their part, but it could be done, its been done before.

I believe the band really care, but I don't think they did nearly enough on these Red Rocks shows to get tix to true fans  I'm pretty fucking disappointed.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Dondantesinferno

So try as I might, I can't seem to locate anything that speaks to How lining up at Red Rocks for GA entry will now be different compared to 2016. Roll Call is dead right? But they did sell some Early Entry tickets of some sort didn't they? You almost need a storyboard to accommodate all the confusion and details with this ticket sale so far! Thanks for your replies!

talltyson

Quote from: e-stone on Dec 08, 2018, 11:30 AM
Quote from: talltyson on Dec 07, 2018, 08:18 PM
But with another broker i did see list price for Thom Yorke
oh would you mind sharing where you saw this?  hoping for a miracle for this show!
It was posted on the FB event page, like a week ago.  they are far gone now.  A tip, if you are on FB, always say you are "going" or "interested", and you get notifications like these.  Also get pre-sale notifications too.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1616532495118660/?active_tab=discussion

And looking, it is Altitude Tickets, looks like they are somehow AXS, or affiliated with them somehow.

ranyart

Reading all of this might provide another clue as to why the band is taking time off from touring...