Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

https://mymorningjacket.com/news/298056

Red Rocks August 2-3
Forest Hills Stadium August 10th

"only planned live performances of 2019"

midwesterner

Only planned shows until these sell out and they add more.

Clarkwork

The only planned performances for 2019 is a bummer.   
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

jttouch2

Quote from: Clarkwork on Dec 03, 2018, 10:15 AM
The only planned performances for 2019 is a bummer.
For sure, was expecting/hoping for something a bit bigger and Bonnaroo-y but I'll take what I can get.

parkervb

seems a bit odd to only have one date in the biggest market, I wonder if they'll add a 2nd date should it sell well early on. I mean the cost associated with doing just one show seems like it would not be worth it. I would like to think they will add more dates but when they are adding VIP and travel packages it would be a dick move to use "only 2019 dates" to drive sales of that and then add other dates.

also probably still leaves door open for festie dates (only headlining shows is what we meant!)
Don't you ever turn it off

Murph

Excellent Monday morning news.  See you all in Forest Hills!!!  Such a great venue and they absolutely killed  when they played there 2 summers ago. 

dontgetupset

Big difference between "these are the only planned live performances of 2019" and (what they did not write (thankfully)): "we are planning on these being the only live performances of 2019."

As someone who cannot attend any of these 3 shows here's hoping that there will be more planned performances in coming days/weeks.

The whole thing is definitely odd: Can anyone think of any parallel? Pear Jam did Seattle Montana and Boston last year but between those 5/6 shows they could fit 300,000 people plus (and Seattle is their turf).

midwesterner

Anyone notice that the Red Rocks shows are almost exact 7 years to the date of their first two night Red Rock run? Those two night I consider to be some of the best MMJ shows.

parkervb

Quote from: dontgetupset on Dec 03, 2018, 10:27 AM
Big difference between "these are the only planned live performances of 2019" and (what they did not write (thankfully)): "we are planning on these being the only live performances of 2019."

As someone who cannot attend any of these 3 shows here's hoping that there will be more planned performances in coming days/weeks.

The whole thing is definitely odd: Can anyone think of any parallel? Pear Jam did Seattle Montana and Boston last year but between those 5/6 shows they could fit 300,000 people plus (and Seattle is their turf).

and Chicago too
Don't you ever turn it off

rkwedge

This is definitely weird news. I hope this means their heading to the studio this fall, new album and OBH5 in early 2020. Then balls to the wall touring for a couple years. See you at Red Rocks!  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Jbpats

Oh hell yes, fantastic news indeed.
I'm sure there will be more announced. I think the article meant the only shows announced at this moment.

correction - their insta confirms these are the only shows for 2019

dontgetupset

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 03, 2018, 10:38 AM
Quote from: dontgetupset on Dec 03, 2018, 10:27 AM

and Chicago too

Right right. Correct. Half a million heads. A million eyeballs (or so)

ranyart

Interesting news indeed, and I'm not seeing a way to work any of these shows in for us unfortunately.  I think you have to take the at their word when they say this is it for 2019...

Jbpats

Weird Al is playing Red Rocks the night before so that is a going to be one wild weekend of partying in Morrison.

superfrodies

MMJ Red Rocks 2016 was magical. probably gonna have to make this happen!

I am not happy about the lack of shows in 2019, though. I really expected them to be back in the saddle after this year off...bummer, but I'll take what I can get.

Cameron

Seen them at RR so thinking of NY. How hard of a ticket will it be tomorrow?

CountSA

Quote from: Cameron on Dec 03, 2018, 11:17 AM
Seen them at RR so thinking of NY. How hard of a ticket will it be tomorrow?

It should be pretty easy, I think Forest Hills is all GA?  There may be different tickets for floor/seats, but even then, the floor is massive.

Edit: It looks like the seats are assigned and not GA.

Pesh

"Fan club and VIP pre-sales begin Tuesday, December 4th at 10am local."

Didn't Roll Call end at the end of 2017? I'm confused....

Jbpats

Presale Code: POOCH for those confused.