Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

Can't make these. Really hope they announce some more!

Jbpats

Anyone with red rocks expertise have any opinion on how these VIP packages are going to work.
Looking at the backstage experience it says you get a reserved seat in rows 1-7.

I thought at Red Rocks the first two rows are handicap. Then it's GA, then in the middle say row 20 it's reserved.
I wonder if rows 1-7 really mean rows 20-27?

APR

Quote from: Jbpats on Dec 03, 2018, 11:52 AM
Anyone with red rocks expertise have any opinion on how these VIP packages are going to work.
Looking at the backstage experience it says you get a reserved seat in rows 1-7.

I thought at Red Rocks the first two rows are handicap. Then it's GA, then in the middle say row 20 it's reserved.

Interesting question, but I can't image they mean rows 20-27 considering the prices listed and Red Rock's ability to have assigned seats for various rows or sections.

Clarkwork

Wish knew about roll call or fan club presales??  I guess it's just the presale code
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

e-stone

Row 1 is handicapped, so my best guess would be that it's Row 2-8 they are talking about.  But they have changed a lot of things up this past summer so who knows. 

Shows can follow any configuration, so it's not always GA up front, Reserved in the middle, and GA again in the back as it has been for past MMJ shows.

The one thing to be aware of for those first few Reserved Rows - for shows this past summer I believe the first 4 or 5 rows were e-tickets that were not transferable.  Not sure if that will be the case for VIP, but for regular onsale I would guess so.

rkwedge

Quote from: APR on Dec 03, 2018, 12:06 PM

Interesting question, but I can't image they mean rows 20-27 considering the prices listed and Red Rock's ability to have assigned seats for various rows or sections.

They rope off those seats for VIP, usually a good section in the middle. In 2016 they were up a bit higher and the Sound Board was in the middle of VIP. I'd guess it was about rows 8-15 then.  The first couple rows are Handicap but its basically below row 1
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Lonndown27

YES I'M GOING TO RED ROCKS FOR THE 1ST TIME FOR THIS ONE !
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

superfrodies

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 03, 2018, 12:21 PM

Duuuude - you're gonna love it!

Lonndown27

Could this day get any better? Salt lake show for the 7th of August please ? Actually those August Red Rocks dates make it a firm possibility they could do the twilight festival in salt lake again around that time. It would be a dream to hit all three . But I ain't missing Red Rocks this time. WHO'S WIT ME????
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

Quote from: superfrodies on Dec 03, 2018, 12:22 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 03, 2018, 12:21 PM

Duuuude - you're gonna love it!

I'm sure I'll be randomly hugging people and smoking joints with the heads and taking in wisdom from tapers. I wanna meet all y'all

opsopcopolis

Roll Call still doesn't exist right? Only way for early entry at RR will be VIP?

opsopcopolis

Quote from: dontgetupset on Dec 03, 2018, 10:27 AM
Big difference between "these are the only planned live performances of 2019" and (what they did not write (thankfully)): "we are planning on these being the only live performances of 2019."

As someone who cannot attend any of these 3 shows here's hoping that there will be more planned performances in coming days/weeks.

The whole thing is definitely odd: Can anyone think of any parallel? Pear Jam did Seattle Montana and Boston last year but between those 5/6 shows they could fit 300,000 people plus (and Seattle is their turf).

PJ also did a full South American and European tour earlier in the year. Not quite the same

jttouch2

I'm planning to try and make the trip, my sister is trying to go to University of Denver so that gives me a solid excuse to go out there at a convenient time

MikeR1390

This is the question I really want answered. I'd pony up for VIP reserved if they were truly within the first 10 rows. As much as I like hanging in the parking lot all day and fighting others for a spot, I would surely love the peace of mind with having a close seat with my name on it.

opsopcopolis

Quote from: MikeR1390 on Dec 03, 2018, 12:56 PM

This is the question I really want answered. I'd pony up for VIP reserved if they were truly within the first 10 rows. As much as I like hanging in the parking lot all day and fighting others for a spot, I would surely love the peace of mind with having a close seat with my name on it.

It looks like a lot of shows this year have the first 5-10 rows reserved as a separate section. UM had the option of rows 1-5 GA or General GA. This is definitely referring to the first few rows FOB. The rest of the venue will be GA

Jbpats

Quote from: MikeR1390 on Dec 03, 2018, 12:56 PM

I'm not sure we'll get an answer before tomorrow but i'd be willing to guess if they ended up being not in the first 8 rows you have a legitimate gripe for a refund. I think i'm going to roll the dice, assuming i can even get them.

e-stone

Just for some reference, Ryan Adams back in June was Reserved Non-Transferable E-tickets for at least the first 4 rows (official Row 1 was still handicapped).  GA started at best Row 5, but my buddy seems to think it might've been 7 or 8 (which would line up with what MMJ is doing here). 

This is what they have been putting into place this summer to cut back on scalping.

Also, David Byrne was reserved up to Row 60, GA after.  No way that's the case here, but just pointing out there is no "set' configuration for RR shows.

e-stone

I'd like to know if VIP tix will account for the entire 7 rows or will those going regular sale still have an oppty at those seats as well. 

Jbpats

Quote from: e-stone on Dec 03, 2018, 01:13 PM
I'd like to know if VIP tix will account for the entire 7 rows or will those going regular sale still have an oppty at those seats as well.

I think it would be based on ticket sales but you have to think they'll be fully reserved for VIP. It really isn't that many seats.
All assumptions needless to say.

e-stone

Quote from: Jbpats on Dec 03, 2018, 01:25 PM
Quote from: e-stone on Dec 03, 2018, 01:13 PM

I think it would be based on ticket sales but you have to think they'll be fully reserved for VIP. It really isn't that many seats.
All assumptions needless to say.

Yup.  Hoping they give more info or we all just find out tomorrow at 10!  The anxiety is real. 

Best guess here:

1-7: Reserved

8-24: GA

25-59: Reserved

60-up: GA