Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emb1528

Quote from: e-stone on Dec 07, 2018, 12:16 PM
Quote from: Emb1528 on Dec 07, 2018, 12:14 PM
I can't even pull GA or reserved tickets...

nope.  this is so dumb.

Also... I'm still not a robot.
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

Stevie

welp, i'm going back to bed.  reminds me of the chicago ticket market.  i'm assuming the secondary market will become way over saturated and they will be selling them for below face value at some point. 

that.. or the demand for MMJ is just that high... and i don't see how that's possible right now. 

talltyson

The Scalpers won today! Do not buy tickets right now, it will be the most expensive time. You will find tickets at cost, i have already seen people selling tickets. DO NOT BUY FROM TRASH SCALPERS RIGHT NOW. And i know nobody wants to wait, but people will be dumping tickets the week of, every show i've been too it happens. Also i have used this site in the past. Its great, at cost tickets.

cashortrade.org

this year, David Byrne Red Rocks tickets were going for $300 and found tickets on Cashortrade.org for list price.

If you want to waste money, buy from the secondary market this week.  If you want cost tickets, wait the week of and keep your eyes open starting now.  I know some of you are not on Facebook, or don't like the FB groups, but it will be a good place to buy tickets at cost.  I've already seen someone trying to sell vip tickets.

e-stone

Quote from: talltyson on Dec 07, 2018, 12:18 PMAnd i know nobody wants to wait, but people will be dumping tickets the week of, every show i've been too it happens.

this.  i don't even want to think about this again until late july.  i likely won't be getting 2-7 which is what i was hunting this week, but i'll be ok with GA then.

e-stone

the worst part is - and i hope this isn't the case with these shows - this tiered pricing can ruin the vibe of a show.  Wilco did something similar the last time they played Red Rocks, and all the hardcore (non-rich) fans were in Row 8 or further with most people up front sitting thru the whole show.  it was definitely noticed by the band too. 

e-stone

and if i never see a damn traffic light, bicycle or sketchy storefront again i'll be a happy man

walterfredo

Quote from: e-stone on Dec 07, 2018, 12:27 PM
and if i never see a damn traffic light, bicycle or sketchy storefront again i'll be a happy man

and fuck you crosswalks too.

Emb1528

Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

talltyson

Quote from: e-stone on Dec 07, 2018, 12:24 PM
the worst part is - and i hope this isn't the case with these shows - this tiered pricing can ruin the vibe of a show.  Wilco did something similar the last time they played Red Rocks, and all the hardcore (non-rich) fans were in Row 8 or further with most people up front sitting thru the whole show.  it was definitely noticed by the band too. 
Been to most all the Wilco Red Rocks shows too, and i would agree 100% with you.  And have noticed this for a few other bands too when i have decided to splurge and get down low.  Its like wtf am I doing here around these duds!!!  I had so many opportunity's to buy tickets this week, i feel stupid.  But i have never seen a Jacket show sell out instantly.  I never pulled good reserved, so my back up today was to buy whatever......  that backfired.  I'm cool though, I'll get tickets, like you said, it might not be exactly what i wanted, but we all will get tickets at cost, if we wait.  Another advantage I have, personally I've maxed out my budget for live music this month, for almost the year of 2019, and xmas doesn't help.  So i'll keep that cash for 8 months now.  But, having tickets would have been cool too!

SplatSplatSplat

New management company + new ticketing service and now a ton of tickets are going straight to re-sell sites?  Yeah, OK this is some bulllllllshit.
You need it.  That's for sure.

Maxwell North

Have 1 extra single reserved for Red Rocks Night 1 & Night 2. Selling for face value (what I paid).
Night 1 is Row 42 Center View
Night 2 is Row 53 Left View
Prefer to sell both ticket to 1 single buyer.

PM me if interested

AKS

Something definitely seems fishy. I know this is Red Rocks and not First Bank Center in Broomfield over the holidays last year but the NYE run wasn't sold out any of the nights. Now everyone got their ticket and filled up the 10k capacity at Red Rocks 30 minutes after the general public sale. Seems odd. I'm happy I got my tickets for all 3 shows when I did but I'm shocked there's no GA available or anything right now for many of the hardcore MMJ fans still searching. Good luck to everyone still looking.

consigliare

Oh well, if the alleged last shows rumors are true, maybe I don't want to go to see them from a horrible seat at RR anyway and will live on with the memories of my last MMJ shows as seeing them do all the albums at OBH4.  It really is hard to beat that. 

That said, if someone had a VIP backstage, or otherwise great tix, they could offload to me, that could certainly change my mind!

talltyson

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Dec 07, 2018, 12:36 PM
New management company + new ticketing service and now a ton of tickets are going straight to re-sell sites?  Yeah, OK this is some bulllllllshit.
I hear you.  But they have to use AXS.  The city of Denver has a shady deal with AXS.  All city owned venues have to use AXS for tickets.  City of Denver owns Red Rocks.  The exception is Mile High, and thats because the NFL contract and NFL in general is more powerful then the city of denver.   Regardless, i have seen so much shady shit with AXS this week, they make Ticketmaster look like saints!  I have always had to use them, and they were always very average "service", but this week, wow.  Lots of BS going on!

TSarge

Quote from: consigliare on Dec 07, 2018, 12:47 PM
Oh well, if the alleged last shows rumors are true, maybe I don't want to go to see them from a horrible seat at RR anyway and will live on with the memories of my last MMJ shows as seeing them do all the albums at OBH4.  It really is hard to beat that. 

That said, if someone had a VIP backstage, or otherwise great tix, they could offload to me, that could certainly change my mind!

Just want to say that there is no such thing as a horrible seat at Red Rocks.

talltyson

Quote from: AKS on Dec 07, 2018, 12:46 PM
Something definitely seems fishy. I know this is Red Rocks and not First Bank Center in Broomfield over the holidays last year but the NYE run wasn't sold out any of the nights. Now everyone got their ticket and filled up the 10k capacity at Red Rocks 30 minutes after the general public sale. Seems odd. I'm happy I got my tickets for all 3 shows when I did but I'm shocked there's no GA available or anything right now for many of the hardcore MMJ fans still searching. Good luck to everyone still looking.
You are right, but NYE in Denver, in a small arena vs Primo summer time at Red Rocks.  Still, 20,000 tickets....  They are not that popular here in Denver.  So do we really have 5,000 or so people traveling in for this event??  The ticket system is so shady, its a machine, that is worth so much money, the secondary market will never go away.  I sometime wonder how many bands take advantage of it too?  I don't think the Jacket does, but you some bands do.  You know ticketbrokers, promoters, venues are getting a cut.  Hell sometimes all three of those are the same company!  There could be a few things fixed, where the secondary market could be killed, but the folks in charge don't want that.

e-stone

i don't think MMJ has ever sold out any of their previous RR shows.  if they have it took until the week of the shows maybe?>

talltyson

Quote from: e-stone on Dec 07, 2018, 12:54 PM
i don't think MMJ has ever sold out any of their previous RR shows.  if they have it took until the week of the shows maybe?>
I'd have to look back.  They never sold out like this, i can tell you that much!  I want to say they did sell out the past two night runs, maybe a month or a few weeks before hand.

walterfredo

Quote from: e-stone on Dec 07, 2018, 12:54 PM
i don't think MMJ has ever sold out any of their previous RR shows. 

pretty sure they did in 2016 but it took a while. I could be wrong. It was definitely packed and I thought it was sold out.

AKS

Yeah, for sure on a prime Red Rocks weekend in the summer. No denying that. We all knew they'd sell it out, just shocking at how fast they did and how difficult it's been for the folks who really want to get basic tickets to obtain them. With that said, our group of 6 is coming from Michigan. Can't wait for the shows. One day this industry won't be so GD corrupt.