Summer Tour 2019 (3 shows total)

Started by dontgetupset, Dec 03, 2018, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shug

Quote from: ranyart on Dec 08, 2018, 09:51 PM
Reading all of this might provide another clue as to why the band is taking time off from touring...

Yeah the band are probably sitting around reading the forum thinking to themselves "these damn ungrateful fans complaining about not being able to get ANY tickets to the only three shows we are doing in the foreseeable future because the vast majority of them went to legal scalping organizations which we could have prevented if we tried real hard, I think we should extend our hiatus because of them!". 
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

ericm

Quote from: Shug on Dec 09, 2018, 11:05 AM
Reading all of this might provide another clue as to why the band is taking time off from touring...

Yeah the band are probably sitting around reading the forum thinking to themselves "these damn ungrateful fans complaining about not being able to get ANY tickets to the only three shows we are doing in the foreseeable future because the vast majority of them went to legal scalping organizations which we could have prevented if we tried real hard, I think we should extend our hiatus because of them!".

Haha, well said Shug.  :beer:

I always get a kick out of 1+1=3 posts and how people come to the conclusions they do.  :huh:
"Where's Jim going?"

MMJCOBRA

^^^^^^^^^
Funny stuff right there :)

I do hope roll call is rebooted. While not perfect, it ran like a swiss watch compared to these presales. After missing on the VIP presale, I paid the AXS premium price.  With roll call, I never missed a presale. There is something to be said for.giving the paying fan club member 1st choice, rather than a presale where the scalpers run wild.

All that being said, I cant wait for these special shows.

SplatSplatSplat

Quote from: ericm on Dec 09, 2018, 11:37 AM
Quote from: Shug on Dec 09, 2018, 11:05 AM

Haha, well said Shug.  :beer:

I always get a kick out of 1+1=3 posts and how people come to the conclusions they do.  :huh:

Also, why is it that most of the posters on this site can't even stomach the idea of being critical of this band?  Yes, they could have done something to ensure fans got the tickets.  Their managers, their reps are an extension of the band.  If their reps mess up, it's on the band.  Plus, the band members are human beings.  They mess up.  It's OK.  And it's perfectly OK for us to not be 100% on board with everything they do and to post about it.  This is a discussion forum, not an alter.

Any you know what?  If the band reads posts from their fans - fans who, mind you, congregate on THEIR website to talk about all these different aspects of the band, to celebrate them, to share stories about them, to talk about shows, etc - about how they are frustrated with not being able to procure tickets, if they read all of that and then decide to not play shows, then the hell with the band.  That's lame. 

That said, I don't think in a million years, THAT would be what they would take away from it.  If you were in their place, how would you take it?  I know for one, I'd try to do something about it. And I would do my best to make sure it never happens again.

The scalper sweeps are a great step.  I don't know how much can be done at this point, but I certainly appreciate the effort.

Quit treating these guys like they are some fragile little animals that can't take a bit of criticism or feedback.  They are career musicians...they can certainly handle it.
You need it.  That's for sure.

ditty

Regarding ticket sweeps.

Avett Brothers tickets went on sale Onsale Fri, Nov 16, 2018.  I received the following email yesterday "Hello friends, A limited number of tickets for all 3 nights at Red Rocks will be available for purchase tomorrow, 12/14, at 10am local venue time. Some orders placed last month exceeded the posted ticket limit; those tickets have already been pulled back and will be on sale to the public tomorrow."

If we have similar timing, it's possible additional tickets may become available in early January.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

mymorningcatnip

Quote from: ditty on Dec 14, 2018, 10:25 AM
Regarding ticket sweeps.

Avett Brothers tickets went on sale Onsale Fri, Nov 16, 2018.  I received the following email yesterday "Hello friends, A limited number of tickets for all 3 nights at Red Rocks will be available for purchase tomorrow, 12/14, at 10am local venue time. Some orders placed last month exceeded the posted ticket limit; those tickets have already been pulled back and will be on sale to the public tomorrow."

If we have similar timing, it's possible additional tickets may become available in early January.

I hope so! I got Golden VIP one night (flying in from Cleveland) and nothing for the second night. Would be kind of lame to fly all the way to Denver to only get one night :-\

Cameron

A buddy just decided to do his 40th at RR. I guess I'm doing all 3 now!

Stevie

I know i'm not alone, but i completely struck out on tickets for Red Rocks.  Looking for two tickets to each night.  Please pm me if you have extras. 

Lonndown27

Quote from: Stevie on Dec 15, 2018, 07:59 PM
I know i'm not alone, but i completely struck out on tickets for Red Rocks.  Looking for two tickets to each night.  Please pm me if you have extras. 

me too Stevie! same situation exactly. PM me for sure if you've got any would love to do both nights
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

robb

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 16, 2018, 04:13 PM
Quote from: Stevie on Dec 15, 2018, 07:59 PM

me too Stevie! same situation exactly. PM me for sure if you've got any would love to do both nights

lonn, not sure if you saw this, but it's in the rumors thread.

Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 11, 2018, 12:37 PM
er'body calm down.  2020 is going to be crazy.

Lon:  I have extra RR tx - hit me up mang
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

rkwedge

Quote from: Cameron on Dec 19, 2018, 12:32 PM
Look to be gone already
Damn, that was quick. They were tickets they got back from scalpers I believe.

walterfredo

dammit. wish I knew about this.

mymorningcatnip

This is kind of making me mad. I checked this morning and there weren't any, then they were mysteriously released, now they're gone.

Are tickets for these shows seriously already sold out? They literally sold out within minutes? I know they're popular and I love them to death but I can't believe they'd sell out that quickly.

I'm seriously going to probably just sell my day 1 tickets if I can't get day 2. I can't spend $1000 to fly out there and get a place to only see one night.

I'm being a baby backed bitch, aren't I!

oistheone

There will still be another ticket drop folks, do not fret. Not to mention the inevitable StubHub price plummet in the days leading up to the show.

These shows are a loooooooooong way away. We'll all be fine!

rkwedge

Quote from: oistheone on Dec 19, 2018, 01:40 PM
There will still be another ticket drop folks, do not fret. Not to mention the inevitable StubHub price plummet in the days leading up to the show.

I agree 100% with this. Don't change plans now, way to early.

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Dec 19, 2018, 02:03 PM

I agree 100% with this. Don't change plans now, way to early.

Add me to this list as well. We saw this same type of worry for T5, The Cap theater shows, etc and there were always tix to be found.

I have no doubt they'll be plenty of tix around as we get closer to the shows and as long as people don't panic buy, we'll definitely see a drop in the cost of tix on StubHub. There are a ton of tix up there and the prices will drop the longer they stay up there.

"Where's Jim going?"

cshum372

Nahh- we all get it- but don't stress/ sell your tickets until like July ( they will sell immediately if you should chose that option)

Also, should you not get into both nights- there's A LOT to see around Redrocks/ Denver area. just make the most of it and enjoy your time.

I think you will get into both nights- but if not SOME Jacket is better than none at all. :P

mymorningcatnip

Aw, thank you everybody, you have made me feel so so so much better  <3

That's true about Denver, after seeing the Aug 2015 show we said we'll go back every time they play there forever. Golden is like, our dream location! So beautiful. (We live in Cleveland, so, totally different  :grin:)