[RUMOR] These are the last 3 shows that My Morning Jacket will ever play

Started by superfrodies, Dec 05, 2018, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonndown27

No tickets is really scaring the shit outta me.i can't believe there's a 99% chance I'll miss these shows all because they announced them at a time when we had just spent my check on Xmas and groceries, essentials etc. If I would've had ANY knowledge that this was coming I would've made the money for it. Now seeing that fans who had money still couldn't get tickets really sickens me. The band having to send us all a tweet to apologize for it happening just makes a deafening sound of doom...only the strong and in the know survive.  Basically unless you were able to be strapped to the computer for 10 hours on a business day, you were screwed out. Finding out im not the only one makes it worse. It's easy to be happy for others but when so many lost out to God knows who ... just scares me. I've been a fan since 2004 and I need to finally break my RR cherry and missing out like this is something that I can barely swallow. I have been smoking way too much weed lately just to boost my cheer. I mean Christ guys and gals my girlfriend had me watching Love Actually and How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days just to cheer me up (she knows I love laughing at shitty movies).

Lord I'm discouraged.
But when my check comes next Wednesday all will be well I hope , but aren't they ALL gone anyway?

Fuckin shit hahah

Btw the whole thing about economics is another reason they're bound together but because they're family. Family supports each other emotionally, financially, mentally and spiritually and this band is nothing different. The family ties are evident and while their differences may be more pronounced and the gap on stage between Jim and Carl may get bigger, they always meet in the middle to duke it out during the apex of the music they make.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Quote from: cshum372 on Dec 10, 2018, 11:56 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Dec 10, 2018, 11:28 AM
"ever" is the strong word here. Obviously they are performing together next year and I bet they are fielding offers for festivals, so that's all we truly have to go on for now.

if they don't book any other shows for 2019, let's hope they get in the studio together. For all I can tell, it's been since the Stinson Beach Waterfall sessions in 2014 since they made new music all together. 

I am going to optimistically assume that a lack of live shows this year means more studio time/ creative process for new music- I am hoping that we see some new tunes revealed at the 3 shows of 2019 and the band has a new album- massive tour for 2020.

For whatever reason, the Waterfall Part 2 doesn't seem to be happening. I get the impression that the band might not be too hyped about the songs ( What I have heard is good, but they might not want it as an album release.)

It is very feasible however, that we can still get a live release from this band ( album/dvd??) before the year is up- supposedly they are in the " mixing" process of that effort.

Jim's creative muse is at a peak right now ( he has released 3 albums since Waterfall came out) If another Jim solo record comes out before new Jacket material, that spells trouble for me, that something in their process isn't clicking..

Jim's comments about the process of " Uniform Distortion" show that he might be a little fed up with how long the creative process takes with Jacket- Every studio release since Evil Urges has seemed like quite the process-

I think we will know a lot more about the state of the band by year's end- If these 3 shows go down without any word of a live album/ new material I think we have reason to be alarmed.

I agree with the statement that they don't seem too jazzed about those tunes, and if the tunes are similar to Magic Bullet and The First Time (both good tunes for sure but also definitely in the lower tier of MMJ's catalog for me) I'd definitely rather see them cook up new stuff with the band in a studio. Also, didn't Jim say that the live record is mixed and it just needs a name and cover art? I feel like I read that was the progress they'd made but I'm not sure where.

cshum372

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 10, 2018, 01:07 PM
Quote from: cshum372 on Dec 10, 2018, 11:56 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Dec 10, 2018, 11:28 AM

I agree with the statement that they don't seem too jazzed about those tunes, and if the tunes are similar to Magic Bullet and The First Time (both good tunes for sure but also definitely in the lower tier of MMJ's catalog for me) I'd definitely rather see them cook up new stuff with the band in a studio. Also, didn't Jim say that the live record is mixed and it just needs a name and cover art? I feel like I read that was the progress they'd made but I'm not sure where.

Oh, I didn't realize it was mixed! In which case why the hell wouldn't we have it by the end of the year, right? ( one would think) :grin:

MMJTX

Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 11, 2018, 12:37 PM
er'body calm down.  2020 is going to be crazy.

Lon:  I have extra RR tx - hit me up mang

THE MAN^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Anytime

PJAMVedder

Would love to hear the basis for this kind of excitement. Would also love a shot at those tickets

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

trav

Hey, can I message you about the tickets?

Lonndown27

Yo millerjustin I messaged you a while back and never heard anything sadly
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

trav

Quote from: millerjustin on Jan 09, 2019, 11:30 AM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on Jan 07, 2019, 11:50 AM
Yo millerjustin I messaged you a while back and never heard anything sadly

got your note - will PM back

I'm interested too if you don't mind. If they're gone, totally understand, but if not, I'm interested.

mpk123

They cannot stop touring until they've come back to Australia!!! Just one show in Sydney and one in Melbourne is all I ask  :cry:

WinstonLegthigh

Wow.

With all of this hiatus business, I've checked in less often lately, and missed the "tour" announcement by several weeks. I was initially relieved to see that the band at least had dates on the calendar, but I just now found this thread. That relief was shattered and replaced with the feeling of dread that has been lingering since the initial hiatus announcement.

I hope the speculation is wrong, but it makes sense. How long have they been fixing up that leftover Waterfall material at this point- or mixing the live album? There have been what, four solo Jim James albums since the last peep out of My Morning Jacket? Very, very disheartened right now.

jttouch2

Quote from: WinstonLegthigh on Feb 02, 2019, 12:17 AM
Wow.

With all of this hiatus business, I've checked in less often lately, and missed the "tour" announcement by several weeks. I was initially relieved to see that the band at least had dates on the calendar, but I just now found this thread. That relief was shattered and replaced with the feeling of dread that has been lingering since the initial hiatus announcement.

I hope the speculation is wrong, but it makes sense. How long have they been fixing up that leftover Waterfall material at this point- or mixing the live album? There have been what, four solo Jim James albums since the last peep out of My Morning Jacket? Very, very disheartened right now.

I'm feeling a little more down about it recently as well. Whispers made their way onto the Inforoo message boards and while on inforoo its anyone's guess whether somebody's got a source or is just bullshitting you but still disheartening to see those rumors make their way into the world outside of jacket-only forums.

With that said though, somebody on Facebook also claimed studio time is happening in September and there's also a big gap in everybody's schedule in March/April that looks like it could be used to knock out those projects we've been waiting ages for-we'll just have to wait and see.

Lonndown27

Quote from: jttouch2 on Feb 02, 2019, 01:36 AM
Quote from: WinstonLegthigh on Feb 02, 2019, 12:17 AM
Wow.

I'm feeling a little more down about it recently as well. Whispers made their way onto the Inforoo message boards and while on inforoo its anyone's guess whether somebody's got a source or is just bullshitting you but still disheartening to see those rumors make their way into the world outside of jacket-only forums.

With that said though, somebody on Facebook also claimed studio time is happening in September and there's also a big gap in everybody's schedule in March/April that looks like it could be used to knock out those projects we've been waiting ages for-we'll just have to wait and see.

who knows what's been going on but the live album / DVD or whatever it will be, is becoming irrelevant as fuck. it will never be irrelevant to US , the fans, but to say....someone just barely into the band they'd be kinda wondering why this band is releasing a live album of shows from 2015 at the Beacon.

They probably revamped the live album with updated shows and versions, like from NYE 2017 and RR 2016. They're probably going for the shows that the fans don't have a copy of through bootlegs or any other way.

I WANT THAT LIVE ALBUM ALMOST AS BAD AS I WANNA SEE THEM PLAY LIVE AGAIN....

well...there's no way anything could ever take the place of SEEING THIS BAND LIVE, but getting a second Okonokos would be such a joyous moment.

Stevie

On a side note, the rumors that the band is breaking up have just allowed my best friend to come out to Colorado with me for his first Red Rocks experience...  His wife was giving all sorts of opposition to the idea of it until I dropped the bomb that it may be their last set of shows.  Not that I believe the rumor, but I did hear it so I'm not lying!  She did a complete 180 and was basically like, "Well, damn I guess you pretty much have to go then!"  Friend and I exchanged smirks. 

Lonndown27

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 15, 2019, 05:29 AMOn a side note, the rumors that the band is breaking up have just allowed my best friend to come out to Colorado with me for his first Red Rocks experience...  His wife was giving all sorts of opposition to the idea of it until I dropped the bomb that it may be their last set of shows.  Not that I believe the rumor, but I did hear it so I'm not lying!  She did a complete 180 and was basically like, "Well, damn I guess you pretty much have to go then!"  Friend and I exchanged smirks. 

AHAHHAAH wish that work on my damn girlfriend!

Lonndown27

unfortunately, she already experienced the "this is their last show ever" thing with the NYE 2017 run, so she's not buying it this time hahah, but I'm gonna do everything I can to be there. Some of you have been so generous with your patience, your time and your tickets by offering them. I can't in good conscience say I can do it until I have the money to get them, at least most of it.
 If anyone can wait a month or two, I'll have everything set up for it then, but if not, I can figure something else out.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate a lot of you good people.

ericm

Quoteunfortunately, she already experienced the "this is their last show ever" thing with the NYE 2017 run, so she's not buying it this time hahah, but I'm gonna do everything I can to be there. Some of you have been so generous with your patience, your time and your tickets by offering them. I can't in good conscience say I can do it until I have the money to get them, at least most of it.
 If anyone can wait a month or two, I'll have everything set up for it then, but if not, I can figure something else out.

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate a lot of you good people.

You could always try the "it might be their last Red Rocks shows" on her and see if she goes for that. 😉 ( I wouldn't buy it but if she went for the NYE show being their last, she might buy this one too)
"Where's Jim going?"

dexter

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Dec 11, 2018, 01:50 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 11, 2018, 12:37 PMer'body calm down.  2020 is going to be crazy.

Would love to hear the basis for this kind of excitement. Would also love a shot at those tickets

Unless I'm reading the thread wrong, was the "2020 is gonna be crazy" post deleted, and did something change?

millerjustin

Quote from: dexter on Dec 09, 2019, 07:35 AM
Quote from: PJAMVedder on Dec 11, 2018, 01:50 PM
Quote from: millerjustin on Dec 11, 2018, 12:37 PMer'body calm down.  2020 is going to be crazy.

that's still my prediction....I think I deleted the OP due to an onslaught of DM requests for the extras I had at the time lol

Unless I'm reading the thread wrong, was the "2020 is gonna be crazy" post deleted, and did something change?
What's in here won't disappear