[RUMOR] These are the last 3 shows that My Morning Jacket will ever play

Started by superfrodies, Dec 05, 2018, 12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenparty

This doesn't seem like a band that would "break up"

However, i wouldn't be surprised if an indefinite hiatus were the case

superfrodies

Quote from: cshum372 on Dec 05, 2018, 02:25 PM

I think it's just as reasonable that these shows were previously booked, and they decided to take more time off- I don't think it's anything as serious, or final as the band breaking up. They all seem super involved in their own stuff right now- and that's okay, i'm actually loving all the solo music and small venue touring that's occurred in the last year!

As the band enter their 40's I want them to have an appropriate work/ life balance. haha- Can't wait to see them in Queens!

Really hope you're right.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 05, 2018, 02:29 PM
With all the rumors coming from people who claim connection to Patrick's family, could it (theoretically) be possible that Patrick just intends to leave the band?? They've obviously had lineup changes before (including at drummer) and Patrick does have a career path outside of music in the food industry that he could theoretically find more appealing and worthy of full-time commitment.

This is possibly the most logical. And would be extremely sad to see Patrick leave (because he is awesome)...
Dave Givan would most likely slide in (especially with how close he is with Jim).

This is all bla bla bullshit.
I'm pumped to see them in NY next summer.
I'll call it the "Friends Again" Tour (in hopes they fucking play that song!!!)

superfrodies

slappymoe

Quote from: superfrodies on Dec 05, 2018, 02:48 PM
these are the two places I figured would want to hear about it. no?
well, i would think very few of us want to hear one of our favorite bands is calling it quits.

Sheets Of Clay

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 05, 2018, 02:01 PM
Quote from: Sheets Of Clay on Dec 05, 2018, 02:00 PM
I'll admit the guy sitting in front of me at Jim's Louisville show said the same thing about the 3 shows next year being the end. Didn't really pay it any mind at the time, not really sure I believe it now.

were those shows even announced then?

He said there were 3 shows in the summer that they were contractually obligated to play.

walterfredo

I'm hearing things  :undecided:

hopefully they are inaccurate. Rumors often are.

ranyart

We were already on the fence about going to Forest Hills and all of this chit chat was enough to push me to grab tickets ASAP (which I did and scored two GA floor with the AMEX deal).  Even though I don't believe it's our last dance it sure does look like it will be for 2019 and that's enough for me.  See you in NYC!!!

midwesterner

Hopefully this is just a rumor. But more than anything I hope they don't say this is the end. Just leave it open. Say we are taking time away maybe we will get back together. Avoid a Phish or LCD Soundsystem move.

DayDrinkin

It's been a year and a half since Aaron sparked the fuse that spread the wildfire. Not to mention, a NYE run, another OBH, and a handful of other shows.

Don't let this crap steal your joy.

talltyson

Quote from: gardenparty on Dec 05, 2018, 02:44 PM
This doesn't seem like a band that would "break up"

However, i wouldn't be surprised if an indefinite hiatus were the case

Its what i think is happening.  That, or its total BS, they get back for a few weeks to practice for these gigs and maybe start the recording processes.   I know its not the band members, but the whole 24 hours to give fans a chance to figure out work and travel (for vips) felt strange.  8 months before show time.

NYE, if you all remember, was spoiled on here months before an official announcement, then they didn't announce it till a few month before the show, people thought it got cancelled.  That never felt right to me.

Guess time will tell, i do know i'm going to both RR shows regardless!!!!

Hoptimus Prime

I really hope this is a bad rumor.  All are great on their own - but they are the definition of a "better together" band.  They all complement each other so damn well musically, and seem to genuinely care for each other in the right ways (remember the "I love Carl" bit from OBH3?!?).   

I got my RR tickets, but may need to plan a credit card hit for tickets and travel to NY.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

bobmono

the whole thing does seems weird - but if it is the end - i'm going to all 3!!!

itrainmonkeys

While it definitely seems odd (if true) I would say that I've had people tell me they were doing their final shows/breaking up since like Evil Urges days. I'll be disappointed if this ends up happening. Hiatus is fine. But complete break up or changing of the band members would be sad.

Lonndown27

this is a band that can never die..
never will and never lie
down in the bottom with the rotting combi-corpse of The Band, R.E.M, The Stooges and Sonic Youth

we will be at Red Rocks
they will rock with their cocks
out and maybe Patrick can cook onstage
and Jim is so full of light
he made Michael Vick a My Morning Jacket fan
we may never know Bo's true height
but at least at the end of Dancefloors we see thefucker stand

and talk of Dave Givan taking Patrick's seat
makes me wanna throw up in disgust at this deceit
for none of us know the future and these circles in Louisville go round and round
people with knowledge of everything and nothing at the same time abound
we know this band could get sick of each other
but from what we know, they're blood brothers

i don't know this is all so intriguing. the band over?? it would feel like unfinished business..right? But isn't it always unfinished business?

this cannot be it.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

jttouch2

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Dec 05, 2018, 08:50 PM
this is a band that can never die..
never will and never lie
down in the bottom with the rotting combi-corpse of The Band, R.E.M, The Stooges and Sonic Youth

we will be at Red Rocks
they will rock with their cocks
out and maybe Patrick can cook onstage
and Jim is so full of light
he made Michael Vick a My Morning Jacket fan
we may never know Bo's true height
but at least at the end of Dancefloors we see thefucker stand

and talk of Dave Givan taking Patrick's seat
makes me wanna throw up in disgust at this deceit
for none of us know the future and these circles in Louisville go round and round
people with knowledge of everything and nothing at the same time abound
we know this band could get sick of each other
but from what we know, they're blood brothers

i don't know this is all so intriguing. the band over?? it would feel like unfinished business..right? But isn't it always unfinished business?

this cannot be it.

This band will never die b/c folks like Lonndown will keep it going with dope ass stuff like this poem. Also is Mike Vick actually a jacket fan?

bhyman

I sincerely hope it isn't true. But OBH4's epic setlist makes even more sense if it is true. Playing every song from their albums in sequence is a fitting way to close out their OBH series.

talltyson

Quote from: bhyman on Dec 06, 2018, 01:59 PM
I sincerely hope it isn't true. But OBH4's epic setlist makes even more sense if it is true. Playing every song from their albums in sequence is a fitting way to close out their OBH series.
I felt the same way about that setlist.

Murph

dontgetupset

I spoke to someone in the know today (not specifically with MMJ but with - and I use this term loosely- the jamband scene) and he said these are not the last shows. Was pretty adamant