Main Menu

Helloooo

Started by efawke, Dec 22, 2018, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efawke

Hopefully this is the best place to post this. Just wanted to drop in and say hello from a new forum member.

Randomly stumbled upon MMJ back in 2008 while perusing the local record store. Had never even heard of MMJ but saw Acoustic Citsuoca and bought it purely bc the cover looked cool  :grin:. Fast forward to now and MMJ has sort of been a major contributor to the soundtrack of my life over the last decade. From the highs to the lows, there always seemed to be a MMJ track or album that resonated with the moment. The wife and I are finally getting to attend our first MMJ show at Red Rocks next year, too!

Anyway, hello from a fellow fan. If you have any tips for getting the most of the show (we decided to do GA) and trip to Denver, I'm all ears.  :thumbsup:

LBSUNFLWR

Welcome! I think your love will grow even stronger after seeing the best live band on the planet!

efawke

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Dec 22, 2018, 03:08 PM
Welcome! I think your love will grow even stronger after seeing the best live band on the planet!

I wouldn't expect anything less! I've heard so many positive things about their live performances. We've had a couple of close calls but haven't been able to catch them yet. We're locked in this time though. We'll be in Denver Aug 1-6, with the focus being the concert.

At this age I probably shouldn't wish the days away as they go fast enough already, but it's going to be a long 8 months ;).

APR

Welcome aboard.  And get ready to have your fandom jump to the next level or possibly obsession level in August.   You will definitely be thanking your ten year ago self for buying that record. 

rkwedge

At the best venue on the planet. Your gonna love everything about it.
Welcome aboard.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

efawke

Quote from: APR on Dec 22, 2018, 07:35 PM
Welcome aboard.  And get ready to have your fandom jump to the next level or possibly obsession level in August.   You will definitely be thanking your ten year ago self for buying that record.

Life can be funny. Maybe I would have heard about them at some point with all the means we have now to find music, but who knows really. These days due to non-stop obligations I don't really explore music like I used to. I mostly listen to the collection we've amassed over the years with new stuff thrown in only every once in a while.

efawke

Quote from: rkwedge on Dec 23, 2018, 12:18 AM

At the best venue on the planet. Your gonna love everything about it.
Welcome aboard.  :beer:

Thank you! Been wanting to catch a show there for years now. When I saw MMJ was there it was a no brainer. Didn't even talk to the wife about it. Immediately bought tickets and told her when I got home from work. She agreed that we had to go, haha.